[quote user="colneycanary"]The bloke can''t defend! Try him as a right winger and if he can''t play there, GET RID OF HIM![/quote]

Gunn wont be told!!!!!!!!!!

He was alright today. He may have been stretched for the goal but he was in two minds due to an AWOL centre back. He made good overlapping runs which were on the whole ignored. Obviously lacking confidence not helped by the fact that the guy behind me insisted on shouting out "alright useless" almost every time he approached the barrier.

The guy should never be allowed near the yellow and green again in his life - he is a disgrace to the game of football, and epitomizes all that is wrong with the modern game.

[quote user="THINK BLUE"]The guy should never be allowed near the yellow and green again in his life - he is a disgrace to the game of football, and epitomizes all that is wrong with the modern game.[/quote]Are you responding to him being a let down last season (which obviously he was - along with many others), or to his approach today, or to some rhetoric he''s spouted which I''m unaware of?

Didn''t see today - so obviously cannot comment - but more to his attitude last season.

Clearly he has so much potential, but along with it seems to have such a nonchalant, arrogant can''t be arsed attitude. Either that or he literally has zero brain capacity.

Would be happy to see him never come near the home dressing room at Carrow Road ever ever again.

[quote user="THINK BLUE"]Didn''t see today - so obviously cannot comment - but more to his attitude last season.

Clearly he has so much potential, but along with it seems to have such a nonchalant, arrogant can''t be arsed attitude. Either that or he literally has zero brain capacity.

Would be happy to see him never come near the home dressing room at Carrow Road ever ever again.[/quote]I just think we have to be careful not to throw babies out with bath water. He''s not super old and can still be developed. I have to climb down a little though as I didn''t in al honesty see as much of him last season as most on here did. He was fit today. Looked ready. Needs to get his head up more and shout for it. But I for one hope he can turn it around.

[quote user="Romantic"][quote user="THINK BLUE"]Didn''t see today - so obviously cannot comment - but more to his attitude last season.

Would be happy to see him never come near the home dressing room at Carrow Road ever ever again.[/quote]I just think we have to be careful not to throw babies out with bath water. He''s not super old and can still be developed. I have to climb down a little though as I didn''t in al honesty see as much of him last season as most on here did. He was fit today. Looked ready. Needs to get his head up more and shout for it. But I for one hope he can turn it around. [/quote]

Knowing what he can do on his day...I thought he looked very average today, particularly against this level of opposition you would have expected him to have gone down that left side with a couple of speedy runs...but nothing. I think he needs to work well with the left midfield so with neilson in front of him, perhaps it was asking a bit much. I do think he is inclined to be lazy, rather than arrogant...and I dont think he is a Mastermind candidate so I think he needs some firm management.

[quote user="Hooleyfan"][quote user="Romantic"][quote user="THINK BLUE"]Didn''t see today - so obviously cannot comment - but more to his attitude last season.

Would be happy to see him never come near the home dressing room at Carrow Road ever ever again.[/quote]I just think we have to be careful not to throw babies out with bath water. He''s not super old and can still be developed. I have to climb down a little though as I didn''t in al honesty see as much of him last season as most on here did. He was fit today. Looked ready. Needs to get his head up more and shout for it. But I for one hope he can turn it around. [/quote]

Knowing what he can do on his day...I thought he looked very average today, particularly against this level of opposition you would have expected him to have gone down that left side with a couple of speedy runs...but nothing. I think he needs to work well with the left midfield so with neilson in front of him, perhaps it was asking a bit much. I do think he is inclined to be lazy, rather than arrogant...and I dont think he is a Mastermind candidate so I think he needs some firm management.[/quote]Yup. that''s my thoughts. I felt that he made a couple of speculative runs but that his team mates aren''t looking for him. A combination of confidence hampering his ability to demand it and his team mates not being in the habit of playing him in.One last chance for me before I write him off completely.

[quote user="THINK BLUE"]The guy should never be allowed near the yellow and green again in his life - he is a disgrace to the game of football, and epitomizes all that is wrong with the modern game.[/quote]not a fan of jono but hey you can hardly level all that against him just because he aint much good

Believe Im right in saying that the last time Semmy was in league one he was in the team of the year? So I wouldnt give up on him just yet.

Infact on closer inspection it appears that Hoolahan was also in the league one team of the year that season (06/07). So you would hope they might be half-decent this season!

Look at who Otsemobor had to work with - how would you feel when every time you ran out of defence like a bullet with the ball, headless chicken Croft was there, carelessly running like a steam-train down the line with his back to proceedings? And when the ball was finally released, Croft would more often than not run the f*cker out of play and/or lose the f*cking thing completely.If he can link up with a decent wide man who can actually cross a ball and keep the ball in play, he might not find himself having to constantly track back.

[quote user="Romantic"]He was alright today. He may have been stretched for the goal but he was in two minds due to an AWOL centre back. He made good overlapping runs which were on the whole ignored. [/quote]

Thats the problem with Ots Romantic,   he looks good going forward, but that is not good enough for a fullback.  

The crucial part of a full backs job is defending. Over the last two seasons his inability to defend has costs us numerous goals and too many points by his doziness,  not tracking runs, positional issues meaning he either does not close down a wide man for a cross quickly enough or is beaten in the air.  Its no good suggesting he may be better back in league one,  he is making the same mistakes against Dartford too.

Someone mentioned Jurgen Colin on another thread,  at least he could actually defend - but was criticised because he would not go forward.

Attacking full backs are worth their weight in gold, but only if they can actually defend first.   

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]He was supposed to be marking the unmarked goalscorer in the box...[/quote]

Sounds like Groundhog Day

People berate Russell but at least he showed commitment and competed in the championship.

Perhaps that''s why some championship teams want him.

meanwhile i don''t sense there''s a queue for our achilles heel.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

[quote user="Romantic"]He was alright today. He may have been stretched for the goal but he was in two minds due to an AWOL centre back. He made good overlapping runs which were on the whole ignored. [/quote]

Thats the problem with Ots Romantic,   he looks good going forward, but that is not good enough for a fullback.  

The crucial part of a full backs job is defending. Over the last two seasons his inability to defend has costs us numerous goals and too many points by his doziness,  not tracking runs, positional issues meaning he either does not close down a wide man for a cross quickly enough or is beaten in the air.  Its no good suggesting he may be better back in league one,  he is making the same mistakes against Dartford too.

Someone mentioned Jurgen Colin on another thread,  at least he could actually defend - but was criticised because he would not go forward.

Attacking full backs are worth their weight in gold, but only if they can actually defend first.   

[/quote]Fairly dos Zipper. I can''t disagree with that but I''d like to see him at league one level for a while before we write him off.

[quote user="Romantic"]
Fairly dos Zipper. I can''t disagree with that but I''d like to see him at league one level for a while before we write him off.
[/quote]

I do too,  but want cover signed to shake his complacency up and so we have the option to drop him,  which we did for the end of last season