Sign in to follow this  
Stowmarket Canary (not Delia)

2 more signings in the next couple of days??!!!

[quote user="The Voice Of Reason"]

Gunn said on bbc radio Norfolk he hopes to complete a couple of players in the next couple of days, currently in negotiations

Paul McVeigh & Paul Crichton

[/quote]GARY HOLT?!

My predictions with Phil Ifil and a striker that has not been linked to the club via the EDP during this transfer window. (ideally i''d like Wade Small to be one of them, but i don''t see it happening)

[quote user="Sideshow Tim"]I''m gonna make a prediction of................ Wade Small and Grant Holt[/quote]

That would do rather nicely indeed. Bet it ends up being Phil Ifil and Clive Platt though...!

I feel a another collective frenzy coming on that is likely to end in tears of frustration yet again. I''ll be delighted if this is not the case, and I fully support the signings so far, but it gets harder from here.

Having said all that, I have to hope that a big striker and winger who can play either side or as a striker could be on the cards. (Could be Lee and Small, but then again it could be Wiggins on loan and further talks with Hughes.

I must have missed the Phil Ifil rumour. Where did that one originate?

For my money the Lee and Dickinson deals are still on. Reading between the lines Warnock and Clough are playing hardball with us and trying to see if we blink when they start rumours about other clubs. Thankfully we have McNally to make up for any naivety on Gunn''s part. Those managers want the players to go as much as we want to buy them, both sides are just arsing about to see if they can get the best deal.

I''m going to throw the name Michael Bridges into the ring - have heard from 2 different people up here in Leeds that he''s had talks with us.

[quote user="Yelloow Since 72"]

I feel a another collective frenzy coming on that is likely to end in tears of frustration yet again. I''ll be delighted if this is not the case, and I fully support the signings so far, but it gets harder from here.

Having said all that, I have to hope that a big striker and winger who can play either side or as a striker could be on the cards. (Could be Lee and Small, but then again it could be Wiggins on loan and further talks with Hughes.

[/quote]Agreed. But given the likely injuries - and the impending swine flu'' - some cheap, short contract players may be no bad thing to have waiting just in case...

i''ve been having think about these 2 new signings that are on there way and i think it will be neilson (the boy from cambridge) and either lee or a striker that we''ve not heard of yet probably foreign. jus my guess

andy bishop and grant holt.....now what a strike force that would be :D

[quote user="MXboy"]andy bishop and grant holt.....now what a strike force that would be :D[/quote]Amen to that [:D]

Well Gunn had hoped for four this week and we got one so I am not going to get too excited just yet.

I guarantee whoever they are, one group of people on here will delighted /happy /OK /prepared to give them a chance, and the other group of people on here will be  disgusted /angry/ laughing / dismissive / not prepared to give them a chance. 

[quote user="shortfatb"]I guarantee whoever they are, one group of people on here will delighted /happy /OK /prepared to give them a chance, and the other group of people on here will be  disgusted /angry/ laughing / dismissive / not prepared to give them a chance.  [/quote]Well done you covered every reaction anyone could possibly have.

[quote user="shortfatb"]I guarantee whoever they are, one group of people on here will delighted /happy /OK /prepared to give them a chance, and the other group of people on here will be  disgusted /angry/ laughing / dismissive / not prepared to give them a chance.  [/quote]

i know we could sign Ronaldo and they would all moanor if we re signed Huckerby people would you cant win!