Sign in to follow this  
Dom

Mattais Jonson

All I can say is well done lad. He didn''t deserve to go off, and his confidence grew as the game went on. I think a few more games, and we will see the real him.

Agree with you on this - you could see his confidence grow, he put in some decent crosses he adds some height to the forward line when he gets in at the far post when Hucks is screaming down the left, and he''s not afraid to tackle back.

The best is yet to come, but much more encouraging on Saturday.

Let''s hope international week doesn''t set him back again as he''ll need to be at his battling best at the Baggies!

Dom, I think he''d got a slight strain. I saw him pointing to his left calf and he was stretching it a bit before he went off. I''m in total agreement otherwise, I thought he had a damn good game. He was there knocking the simple balls around, looked completely happy getting into the area and I think will prove a real asset. As a mark of what he''s thinking compared to the others, take the example of the misplaced pass to Francis in the first half. He knocked it in for Francis to run on to while Francis was waiting for the square ball. All too often our passes are behind the player and we lose momentum.

Good on the lad.

I think it was his best performance for us to date, but we really need to see more from him if he is to justify a regular place, and live up to expectations. I hope he can use Saturdays confidence boosting display as a platform for the rest of the season, and prove Worthy was right to sign him.

I have to agree - his best game of the season and his quality is beginning to show. He likes getting into the box and will be an asset.I think he was beginning to tire but a few more games like this and he will be fine.OTBC

nail on the head....confidence is I reckon the biggest thing with Jonsson..and you could see that grow as the game went on..trouble is now for him another dam international break, and loss of a few more training sessions with his team mates....I really hope he and none of the other boys on duty, don''t get injured

Are you sure you were watching the same game as me?I thought he was anonymous, yet again. Just like against Palace. Just like against Man Utd.How many times did our million pound winger go past their full back? I can''t recall a single occasion. How many killer crosses? None. Shots on goal? Let''s not forget his defensive contribution. Who was that man giving the Portsmouth player all the time in the world before he blasts a swerving shot at Green that lead to the first goal? Oh yes, it''s good old Jonson.I hope he does improve, otherwise it will be a very long season.

Spot the guy that only sees bad things.I remember two or three crunching tackles, numerous back up work on the flanks, two or three good balls into dangerous areas and no - he didn''t go past his full back. Did Bentley? Does Beckham? Did McVeigh?

And hasnt Jonson played most of his career as a striker, hence his impressive goal scoring record with Brondby?

The guys himself accepts he aint yet up to his best - but the signs of improvement are very visible - if you open to see it!

OTBC

Good to see him play, thought his sly little cross inside to Mckenzie on the edge of the box was great. Pleased to see Svensson out as well, come on you yellows!