Sign in to follow this  
Motiv

Simon Whaley

rumour going around the PNE forums that he is on his way to you.

could be rubbish as most are.

http://www.pne-online.net/forum/showthread.php?t=40972&highlight=whaley

Thought you might find it of interest.

It''s curoius that we are in the market for another midfield player.

We already have:

Gill, Jones, Rusty, Clingan, Pattison, Adeyemi, Smith and other players that could play there like Lappin and Spillane.

Should this area of the pitch really be a priority?

I have just read this over on the unmentionable.  Its backed up by some evidence from Ian Holloway at Blackpool so there is something in this one.

A few people posted that it could be a swap. One of them seems to think it might be Spillane, which seems a bit odd to me. Seemed like most of the Preston fans would be delighted to get rid of him as well.

As a Preston Fan I am delighted to get rid of him.

However he win run riot in your league. He''s extremly quick and scores some blinders.

Since his talent is better than that league, his achilles heal wont come into effect. He''s a confidence player.

If it wasn''t for that, he would be a top class player in the Championship and possibly the prem but he just vanishes once his confidence drops.

If he does sign for you, you can at least expect the first 7 or 8 games, where you''ll think he''s the new messiah!

If he keeps his confidence up after that, you''ll be one lucky club.

O...he can''t tackle for shit.

At first I thought he would be a good signing but reading the thoughts of the majority of Preston fans..

If one of the likes of russel or hoolahan isn''t present today i would begin to assume they are part of the deal.

Think Whaley would be a good signing, but would we rather sign him for a fee or Wade Small on a free? Knowing us I would guess the latter. Its nice to be linked to players who should improve our team (as it stands) though.

[quote user="Willmeister"]A few people posted that it could be a swap. One of them seems to think it might be Spillane, which seems a bit odd to me. Seemed like most of the Preston fans would be delighted to get rid of him as well.
[/quote]

It doesn''t seem odd to me, Spillane is very highly thought of in football circles these days, and Gunn did a good job to hold onto him.

Not many players play with the composure and consistancy of Spillane at 19 years old. 

If I chose one player to keep out of Russell, Spillane and Pattison....... it would Spillane every single time.  The other two can go.

[quote user="colneycanary"]Simon Whaley swap for Russell. Thats why Russell has not gone to Dartford today![/quote]

Sounds good to me. Russell is one of those that I wanted rid of after Charlton.

He has been less than average all year, but the thing that really stood out for me is his two red cards in two games, at a crucial part of the season.

I just did not like the shape of our midfield with Russell in the team. I think that we will see Clingan and Pattison go too, but I also have a feeling that Hoolohan will stay. So this would not be a bad midfield:-

Hoolohan   Tudor-Jones   Spillane    Whaley

Although we would need to sign another centre midfielder. Note that I rate Spillane higher than Gill!

I hope this deal still goes through with Neilson impressing today, i''d have Whaley over Neilson anyday! I went to Fakenham and Neilson was VERY poor!

Neilson didn''t play at Fakenham?

[quote user="Hucks is Legend"]I hope this deal still goes through with Neilson impressing today, i''d have Whaley over Neilson anyday! I went to Fakenham and Neilson was VERY poor![/quote]

Yeah good one!

[quote user="Hucks is Legend"]He did number 11??? was it not him??[/quote]

Norwich: Jed Steer, George Francomb, Dario Dumic (Joarder 45), David Stephens, Takura Mtandari Damon Lathrope (Clarke 65), Tom Adeyemi (Osemwegie 65), Matthew Gill (Chrysanthou 45), Paul McVeigh (Dawkin 65) Troy Powell, Kris Renton (Kelly 45). Sub not used: Sam Grieveson.

Neilson didn''t play. Take your pic from that squad as to who it was.

[quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]

[quote user="Hucks is Legend"]He did number 11??? was it not him??[/quote]

Norwich: Jed Steer, George Francomb, Dario Dumic (Joarder 45), David Stephens, Takura Mtandari Damon Lathrope (Clarke 65), Tom Adeyemi (Osemwegie 65), Matthew Gill (Chrysanthou 45), Paul McVeigh (Dawkin 65) Troy Powell, Kris Renton (Kelly 45). Sub not used: Sam Grieveson.

Neilson didn''t play. Take your pic from that squad as to who it was.

[/quote]

who was the number 11?

If my memory serves me right, Russel going would indeed be a good thing as am sure which ever team he leaves they are promoted the following season. Us, Stoke. So bring it on..........and he is poor which also helps.....