Sign in to follow this  
hogesar

Will we sign McVeigh? Yes or No?

Come on then, he''s on the plane to Scotland..had a good game against Fakenham, but that by no means guarantees him a contract here. Take a guess, what do people think? Yes or no? I''ll go with yes [:)]

Yes. If he''s on a pay-as-you-play, why not? That''ll be a big decision for him, having to work to pay for those burgers!

[quote user="hogesar"]Come on then, he''s on the plane to Scotland..had a good game against Fakenham, but that by no means guarantees him a contract here. Take a guess, what do people think? Yes or no? I''ll go with yes [:)][/quote]I smell that we will. The PR bit in Pink un today is bouncing all the right rhetoric ''not taking anything for granted'' etc''. Dunno how I feel about it as I didn''t see the Fakenham game and he only stretched his legs at Dartford. I don''t think he''ll be signed on massive wages and doubt we''d take him on if he was no use at all squad wise so.....

[quote user="Legend Iwan"]No, if we sign the trialist Nielson[/quote]Who did look pretty good to me the other day...

He needs to prove himself,   he might be a good signing - but could also be awful.

For me its all about the wages - feel it should be a pay per play basis with big appearance, win , goal bonus'' if he shows ability compared to the existing squad while here.  some experience would be good and to have him back would mean a decent song to sing although his aerodynamics means he is no longer zipper !

Should we , no we should not even be considering him , will we , yes because we have a man in charge who hasnt a clue .

Yes we will sign him. Why take him on the plane to Scotland otherwise?

We have already seen him in two friendly''s and training.

[quote user="Gunns NO Legend"]Should we , no we should not even be considering him , will we , yes because we have a man in charge who hasnt a clue .
[/quote]

[|-)]

[quote user="Gunns NO Legend"]Should we , no we should not even be considering him , will we , yes because we have a man in charge who hasnt a clue .[/quote]Ok good. Thanks for that. Good then. That sorts that out then. Good. Cheers.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

He needs to prove himself,   he might be a good signing - but could also be awful.

For me its all about the wages - feel it should be a pay per play basis with big appearance, win , goal bonus'' if he shows ability compared to the existing squad while here.  some experience would be good and to have him back would mean a decent song to sing although his aerodynamics means he is no longer zipper !

[/quote]Zipper for manager. Simple! Couldn''t have put it better myself. Is this the arrangement that will pan out? We may never know.

Yes of course we will,infact he''s probably already signed,this club has a habit of saying one thing and doing another,It does show how far we have fallen though imo.

[quote user="singing canary"]i hope so i think he will still surprise a few people ..[/quote]

I hope your right but i just think it''s a sad time for City when we a signing former players who imo look unfit and a bit chubby,i know we are skint but is he really the answer to our wing problems,maybe i''m being unfair and he will light up Carrow road again but i have major doubts!!

Mr ''Gunns no legend'' , you sad little man. Does anything positive happen in your life? Every post is so negative. I''m worried about your mental health.....

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

[/quote]Thats exactly my opinion

what makes you say that???

was he given plenty of money to change things around in january or was he stuck with roeders loan flops and grants (no manager experience) failures .

.... if i had taken over a company and i had crap people working who were there before i arrived for me would that make me a useless manager ?

or would you wait before calling me that to see who i brought in and employed..

give gunn a chance at least let him field his own side before passing judgement .

im not saying he is a brilliant manager but you cant blame him for norwich citys decline .

the damage was done before he took over hence the sacking of roeder and grant before hand .

To me McVeigh is a similar gamble to the one United took on Owen at a much lesser level of course.

The talent is there in both players but there''s big questions over their fitness, if the latter is address it could be good for both clubs.

Yes i think we will sign him, just hope it is a pay as you play contract or 6 month deal.  I know he is not great but you never know could turn out to be a good signing, he is only 31 so might still have a bit to offer ( until Hucks returns anyway ).

I don''t see any problem with signing him, as long as its on the right deal which suits the club, not so much him. Playing for contracts is something McVeigh can familiarise himself with pretty quickly - he needs to perform afterwards too.

[quote user="Dogger in Div 1"]Will you say the same thing if Hucks returns?[/quote]

Assuming this is a question for me then the answer is yes. Great player for us in his day but he''d lost some of his magic by the time he left. He''d be a good bloke to have around the place as he is a legend but if he does come back I suspect it''ll all in tears.

I''d rather remember him in his heyday thanks.