Sign in to follow this  
Mr. T

Lappin ahead of Hoolahan?

It seems to me that gunny will go with Lappin on the left instead of Hooly because of his set pieces?? not sure what i think of this one! Lappin can whip it in with a bit of pace, not sure who else can? saw gill on the set pieces at Fakenham and his balls were just floated in. Would rather see a whipped in ball than a floated one but not sure of Lappin instead of Hoolahan? Maybe gunny wanted Hughes for his set pieces, not sure what he''s like on them?

Difficult one!

too soon to say really,  just one friendly and hoola started too,  could just be trying out formations attitude etc.

Would prefer hoola to start so lappin instead of him would not be good for me,  but would be happy on both depending onformation andother midfielders. 

Wouldn''t read too much into the formation on Saturday, see the line up for the tour and it will be more likely the team for the start of the season.

[quote user="Gunns NO Legend"]If Hoolahan stays he will play ,simple as that .[/quote]Formation pending, they can both do a job.

Hoolahan seemed to play with a lot more freedom under Gunn and i think Gunn knows what a talent Hoolahan can be with the fact he played him every chance he had.

Wes is vital for us next season and he needs to play when fit if we''re to have any chance of getting out of this league.

[quote user="Lambo"]Hoolahan seemed to play with a lot more freedom under Gunn and i think Gunn knows what a talent Hoolahan can be with the fact he played him every chance he had.

Wes is vital for us next season and he needs to play when fit if we''re to have any chance of getting out of this league.[/quote]

Okay, Lambo, anything you say.  [:D]

[quote user="Shyster"][quote user="Lambo"]Hoolahan seemed to play with a lot more freedom under Gunn and i think Gunn knows what a talent Hoolahan can be with the fact he played him every chance he had.

Wes is vital for us next season and he needs to play when fit if we''re to have any chance of getting out of this league.[/quote]

Okay, Lambo, anything you say.  [:D][/quote]

Ask Blackpool fans who their key player was in them getting promoted...

If Hoolahan stays and is fielded as a wide man he''ll be found out - if on the other hand he''s played to his strengths as an attacking midfielder, then he may be of some use.Lappin is nothing but a squad player.

[quote user="Lambo"] Ask Blackpool fans who their key player was in them getting promoted...[/quote]

Kasper Gorkks?

I dont think hoolahan is disciplined enough to play as a natural wideman. I think his best position may be behind a striker or even CM in this league