Sign in to follow this  
In Dubious Battle

Whats the point in going on?

There seem to be so many uber negative posters on this forum, not just the glass half empty types I mean proper miserable bast*r*s. Every possible news/conversation takes the most negative connotation possible. May I suggest cricket? We (England) really suck at that you could take your miserableness to a whole new level!

[quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"]There seem to be so many uber negative posters on this forum, not just the glass half empty types I mean proper miserable bast*r*s. Every possible news/conversation takes the most negative connotation possible.

May I suggest cricket? We (England) really suck at that you could take your miserableness to a whole new level!
[/quote]

Have we got rid of Delia? Have we got a proven manager at the helm? Have we signed any decent players? NO NO and NO. [^o)]

Well tell me what good news has there been in recent months?

Norwich have been relegated; Bryan Gunn has been appointed manager for the comming season; a bunch of businessmen without money have been appointed to the Board; our former Chief Executive has had his class proved by being appointed to head up the SPL; our signings have all been freebees (no one to sort out contacts being my guess); two thirds of our supporters took their refunds,

I don''t see any good news there do you?

Norwich have a good chance of being in a promotion battle for the first time in years; The managment nightmare that was Roeder has finally been ejectedand a man that bleeds yellow & green has been appointed in his place; Doncaster has been removed as far away as possible; New players have been added to the squad without a loanee in sight; and a third of our supporters have contributed to increased funds for our squad.

Wow, the glass is half full.

Up the city!!!

[quote user="Strangers All"]Norwich have a good chance of being in a promotion battle for the first time in years; The managment nightmare that was Roeder has finally been ejectedand a man that bleeds yellow & green has been appointed in his place; Doncaster has been removed as far away as possible; New players have been added to the squad without a loanee in sight; and a third of our supporters have contributed to increased funds for our squad. Wow, the glass is half full. Up the city!!![/quote]

Always positive, however we are still in the 3rd tier of English football.

Good original post. Personally I am giving the new site "Kickitoff" a go for this very reason, although I can''t help myself and keep looking back at the whingers whining on the Pink''Un!

[quote user="LEGION"]

[quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"]There seem to be so many uber negative posters on this forum, not just the glass half empty types I mean proper miserable bast*r*s. Every possible news/conversation takes the most negative connotation possible. May I suggest cricket? We (England) really suck at that you could take your miserableness to a whole new level![/quote]

Have we got rid of Delia? Have we got a proven manager at the helm? Have we signed any decent players? NO NO and NO. [^o)]

[/quote]Cheer up emo kid. [:D][IMG]http://gamesnet.vo.llnwd.net/o1/gamestar/objects/124668_main.jpg[/IMG]

do you blame them ?

glad your happy with how norwich city has been run over the last ten years .

i dont like cricket anyway .

i want my team to do well and people are allowed to say how they feel .

if newcastle got relegated to the third tier of football next season how do you think the fans will react ?

oh well at least they are trying .. i hardly think so .

15,000 are not renewing thier season ticket after relegation to the championship .

worst season for fifty years and have not bought the obvious piece of the jigsaw needed still .

sorry if this come across wrong have we reason to be positive when pretty much every team looking for investment or to sell up gets it .

do we...... no ? why not ...?ask yourself that question .

[quote user="Bobert"]Well tell me what good news has there been in recent months?

Norwich have been relegated; Bryan Gunn has been appointed manager for the comming season; a bunch of businessmen without money have been appointed to the Board; our former Chief Executive has had his class proved by being appointed to head up the SPL; our signings have all been freebees (no one to sort out contacts being my guess); two thirds of our supporters took their refunds,

I don''t see any good news there do you?[/quote]I do find it hilarious how Doomcaster suddenly has ''class'', after his new appointment. Sure as hell didn''t show it when he was here did he? [:)]

So use another forum then if you dont like it![quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"]There seem to be so many uber negative posters on this forum, not just the glass half empty types I mean proper miserable bast*r*s. Every possible news/conversation takes the most negative connotation possible. May I suggest cricket? We (England) really suck at that you could take your miserableness to a whole new level![/quote]

It''s a case of realism versus hopelessly misplaced optimism... the usual battleground on here.

Neither camp it seems will change their stance until there is root and branch change at the club... so don''t hold your breath.

It''s odd that the bleating of the sheep doesn''t cause me to lose much sleep.... yet there are constant whingers about the realism expressed by others.

Live with it.

It''s a case of realism versus hopelessly misplaced miserabilism... the usual battleground on here.

Neither camp it seems will change their stance regardless of any root and branch change at the club... so don''t hold your breath.

It''s not odd that the bleating of St.Cluck doesn''t cause me to lose much sleep.... yet there are constant whingers, whingers, whingers... and more whinging for good measure.

Live with it.

(do you like what I did there?)

[quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"]Whats the point in going on?[/quote]You should call the Samaritans, they may be able to help you.

[quote user="Bobert"]

our former Chief Executive has had his class proved by being appointed to head up the SPL

[/quote]

You seriously supporting Doncaster now? Funny how everyone thought he was the root of all evil when he was here, suddenly once he is not associated with the club he is seen in a different light??

[quote user="Bobert"]Well tell me what good news has there been in recent months?

I don''t see any good news there do you?[/quote]This is all good news. [;)]

As the season approaches I feel better than I have done for years. Maybe I am being a little selfish here, as so many games are close to home now as I am a London based fan (Orient, M''Wall etc). Also I have a mate at Swindon. I am also pleased that we may have some youngsters coming through, and hopefully not to many loanees in the team. Therefore I hope for better team spirit like the City of old. On top of all these factors my 2 mates are sitting with me next season, having got away from the moaners where we used to sit. On top of this I have landed a dream Job, so hey ho, just a bit perky of late. Please keep the anti-board, little Norwich stuff going, it''s a good laugh! Being in the 3rd Tier is just a tad novel, exciting, and dare I say it adversity is part of football is it not?

Love how people judge our signings before seeing them play, fantastic way to look at things.

if your going to criticise the players at least let them play shit first.

[quote user="corbs"]As the season approaches I feel better than I have done for years. Maybe I am being a little selfish here, as so many games are close to home now as I am a London based fan (Orient, M''Wall etc). Also I have a mate at Swindon. I am also pleased that we may have some youngsters coming through, and hopefully not to many loanees in the team. Therefore I hope for better team spirit like the City of old. On top of all these factors my 2 mates are sitting with me next season, having got away from the moaners where we used to sit. On top of this I have landed a dream Job, so hey ho, just a bit perky of late. Please keep the anti-board, little Norwich stuff going, it''s a good laugh! Being in the 3rd Tier is just a tad novel, exciting, and dare I say it adversity is part of football is it not?[/quote]

I may well be wrong corbs but you sound quite young. More young people seem to be of the '' half full '' type than those of more advanced years but whatever our age it would be a pity if everybody took a negative view of things.

I would hope we all want a successful season but I''m afraid I can''t share your enthusiasm. Bryan Gunn is not cut out to be a manager and I can''t see him turning things around. Unless we come out flying in August and maintain the momentum it''ll all turn flat pretty quickly and we''ll be looking for yet another man to try and bring back the good times.

Can''t disagree that next season will be a tad novel, but exciting.........I don''t think so. True, adversity is part of football..........I just don''t like having ours all at once.

[quote user="corbs"]As the season approaches I feel better than I have done for years. Maybe I am being a little selfish here, as so many games are close to home now as I am a London based fan (Orient, M''Wall etc). Also I have a mate at Swindon. I am also pleased that we may have some youngsters coming through, and hopefully not to many loanees in the team. Therefore I hope for better team spirit like the City of old. On top of all these factors my 2 mates are sitting with me next season, having got away from the moaners where we used to sit. On top of this I have landed a dream Job, so hey ho, just a bit perky of late. Please keep the anti-board, little Norwich stuff going, it''s a good laugh! Being in the 3rd Tier is just a tad novel, exciting, and dare I say it adversity is part of football is it not?[/quote]

God! I love to read a Londoners perspective on all things NCFC..... and thiss one''s got mates! [Y]

I suddenly feel a warm glow surrounding me... or have I just p1ssed myself?.......

Unbelievable

[quote user="Strangers All"]It''s a case of realism versus hopelessly misplaced miserabilism... the usual battleground on here. Neither camp it seems will change their stance regardless of any root and branch change at the club... so don''t hold your breath. It''s not odd that the bleating of St.Cluck doesn''t cause me to lose much sleep.... yet there are constant whingers, whingers, whingers... and more whinging for good measure. Live with it. (do you like what I did there?)[/quote]

Its all a nice day out for the likes of you half hearted supporters.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle OBE"]

[quote user="Strangers All"]It''s a case of realism versus hopelessly misplaced miserabilism... the usual battleground on here. Neither camp it seems will change their stance regardless of any root and branch change at the club... so don''t hold your breath. It''s not odd that the bleating of St.Cluck doesn''t cause me to lose much sleep.... yet there are constant whingers, whingers, whingers... and more whinging for good measure. Live with it. (do you like what I did there?)[/quote]

[/quote]

A perfect exhibition as to why we have hopelessly lost our way as a club. It seems that if it wears a yellow shirt these days it is instantly beyond reproach... and if it say''s it has "saved the club" then clearly it is a fact........

Child like thinking I''m afraid....

[quote user="St. Cluck"][quote user="Arthur Whittle OBE"]

[/quote]

A perfect exhibition as to why we have hopelessly lost our way as a club. It seems that if it wears a yellow shirt these days it is instantly beyond reproach... and if it say''s it has "saved the club" then clearly it is a fact........

Child like thinking I''m afraid....

[/quote]

Yep, Carrow Road on match-days: The kindergarten of the football league.

In response to ........''and Smith must Score''......thank you for the ''sound quite young'' comment. Maybe the new Job has brightened me up. Obviously you did not read my ''favourite goal'' seen at Carrow Road post as this gave a hint to my age (Peter Morris v QPR 1975). To be quite honest I was against Bryan getting the Job, but he now has it, so I will hope that as usual I my judgement will be wrong again!