Sign in to follow this  
cundyno1

Clingan, Russell, Stefanovic!!!

Hi Guys

Just come from Dunston hall where been playing a golf day and mr clingan was there and got chatting to him and he told me that him, russell and stefanovic will not be going on the pre-season tour to scotland. As far as im aware they are all fit so not sure what is goin on there.

Stefanovic is still recovering from injury and Gunn said they are going to keep an eye on him to see weather it''ll be worth taking him or not.....dunno about Clingan and Russell.

[quote user="SimonOTBC"]Stef isn''t fit, read articles on homepage.

Wouldn''t be gutted to see the other two go though, money from clingan would be good and rusty is poor.[/quote]Agreed. Cant see Stef leaving and I would not be bothered about Rusty.

Has always seemed likely that some players will go, and who goes to Scotland may well give us a clue as to some of the likely candidates, Stef apart.

Has always seemed that Clingan would be one of the most likely as he is a far better player than League 1 and hence the most saleable asset; whilst it would be great to keep him, I think he only has a year left on his contract(?) so, being realistic, cashing in might be the best thing to do if only to fund a decent striker.

As far as Rusty goes, perhaps he too is off. I was rather pleased when he came back, but he was pretty poor last season and seemed totally off colour. Perhaps he wouldn''t be missed (particularly as we already have several replacements).

[quote user="cundyno1"]Hi Guys

Just come from Dunston hall where been playing a golf day and mr clingan was there and got chatting to him and he told me that him, russell and stefanovic will not be going on the pre-season tour to scotland. As far as im aware they are all fit so not sure what is goin on there.[/quote]

Talking of golf i played |Royal Cromer yesterday, havent played for a 1 year and 1/2 due to babies,shot a gross 79 with a 7 down the18th.......bottled the last hole!

Why didn''t they just take the babies off the course. And why are people leaving babies on a golf course anyway?I always thought Cromer was a strange place.

[quote user="cundyno1"]Hi Guys Just come from Dunston hall where been playing a golf day and mr clingan was there and got chatting to him and he told me that him, russell and stefanovic will not be going on the pre-season tour to scotland. As far as im aware they are all fit so not sure what is goin on there.[/quote]

I dont think Gunn has made any secret of the fact that some players will be leaving.............Obviously as soon as he bought 2 central midfield players the writing was on the wall.

The fact that he has also made an offer for Stephen Hughes may suggest that Clingan, Russell and Pattison are all leaving.

If we signed Hughes we would have a ton of midfield fire power especially if you add Tom Adeyemi in the mix. Lappin could also be used in the middle if we have deep injury problems.

Why is Clingan a far better player than league 1......he plyed his trade with Forest in League 1, and NCFC were his first Championship club........so he has not provedhimself as above League 1 at all.....and there haven''t been many takers for his signature yet........he is unproven at Chamionship level after one season with a club who got relegated.

JImbob: What makes you think Hoolahop isn''t going?

It will be a shame to part with a talent like Clingan but I can''t see him staying. He really is too good and at the wrong point in his development to be languishing in Div 1.

My thoughts exactly RichT!

BINNER!!!!!!!

Probably never hit a Titleist in his life!

OTBC!

[quote user="cundyno1"]Hi Guys Just come from Dunston hall where been playing a golf day and mr clingan was there and got chatting to him and he told me that him, russell and stefanovic will not be going on the pre-season tour to scotland. As far as im aware they are all fit so not sure what is goin on there.[/quote]

Ooh did you sit down and have a cuppa and cake with him? [;)] 

[quote user="CANARYCHARGE"][quote user="cundyno1"]Hi Guys Just come from Dunston hall where been playing a golf day and mr clingan was there and got chatting to him and he told me that him, russell and stefanovic will not be going on the pre-season tour to scotland. As far as im aware they are all fit so not sure what is goin on there.[/quote]

Talking of golf i played |Royal Cromer yesterday, havent played for a 1 year and 1/2 due to babies,shot a gross 79 with a 7 down the18th.......bottled the last hole!
[/quote]

It looks like a lovely course mate; not too hard and at the same time not too easy. I particularly like the look of the hole that approaches the lighthouse. What are you about a 10 handicap? I haven''t played for ages but never managed to improve on my 20 handicap.

Never really liked Cromer, bit of a dogtrack in places.

Sheringham''s a good course, fantastic greens!

Personally prefer Parkland courses. Swaffhams ok, Thetfords ok too!

OTBC!

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]Has always seemed likely that some players will go, and who goes to Scotland may well give us a clue as to some of the likely candidates, Stef apart.

Has always seemed that Clingan would be one of the most likely as he is a far better player than League 1 and hence the most saleable asset; whilst it would be great to keep him, I think he only has a year left on his contract(?) so, being realistic, cashing in might be the best thing to do if only to fund a decent striker.

As far as Rusty goes, perhaps he too is off. I was rather pleased when he came back, but he was pretty poor last season and seemed totally off colour. Perhaps he wouldn''t be missed (particularly as we already have several replacements).[/quote]Spot on Brantson - I said ages ago that they probably said to him that if he stays he needs to sign a contract extension - even if it is for one year. Otherwise he moves on this summer.Again I blame Roeder for this. If he was scouted and watched and they new he was a good player why only a 2 year deal? I mean at least throw in an option of a 3rd year. Its just plain stupid otherwise. Like allowing Crofts contract to run down rather than getting him to sign a year extension last summer or even before. Even if you were to consider him a squad player - instead we loose him for nothing.But to be honest I thought if Clingan hadnt signed a new contract by the start of training he would be going. It has been rumoured for a while - I think Cam researched and confirmed it that Russells agent was looking for moves for him. Not sure where he will end up mind you.

[quote user="Beatle"]

Never really liked Cromer, bit of a dogtrack in places.

Sheringham''s a good course, fantastic greens!

Personally prefer Parkland courses. Swaffhams ok, Thetfords ok too!

OTBC!

[/quote]

yeah but hard!! i play sheringham alot and find it easier  to score on!!! maybe a its a little shorter! both good though!

Russell isnt a big loss and clingan will fund other deals, who would pay anything for russell anyway? He''ll miss half the season through suspension and has one good game in 10. Glad wes is involved, he will rip defences to shreads, id like to see him on the left rather than off martin today, but im sure gunn will try it later

I do think Russell is getting a slightly bad press, lets remember that his game got totally pissed about with by Roeder''s scandalous decision to play him as a striker consistantly from August-December (a period of the season that contributed to our relegation more than any). I''d still have him in my midfield.

Also intereresting to note that Matt Pattison is on the bench.

If Pattison has got over his alleged tantrums over the demise of Roeder and shows the right attitude in training and friendlies I''d keep him as he''s the type of player who will do well in league One.

[quote user="crafty canary"]Russell in swop for Whaley?[/quote]

I''d snatch their arm off. Whaley''s quality, Russell is an athlete masquerading as a footballer.

I believe my findings were confirmed today by ian butterworth, and i have been a norwich fan for over 20 years so definately not a BINNER and also im a professional golfer so who ever you are mate fancy a game of golf!!!

Wow, I worked at Dunston Hall today in the C & B department, sadly enough Norwich players are classed as VIP''s inside of Dunston Hall, in which we would have been noted of their pressence.

As much of it is a shame, due to Russel being crap, I can safely say Clingan was not at Dunston Hall today.

[quote user="CNS-Canary"]

Wow, I worked at Dunston Hall today in the C & B department, sadly enough Norwich players are classed as VIP''s inside of Dunston Hall, in which we would have been noted of their pressence.

As much of it is a shame, due to Russel being crap, I can safely say Clingan was not at Dunston Hall today.

[/quote]

Was he there yesterday though, as that is when he says he spoke to Sammy