Sign in to follow this  
G Unit

Night Clubs in Norwich.....

Coming up on Saturday for the game and for once have decided to stay over for a night out.

Can anyone please recommend a good quality club (no chav clubs please!) with a good totty count?

OTBC

G Unit,

Your choice depends on:-

1) How old you are?

2) What you class as Chav?

3) What you are used to.?

If you are under say 25, would say that Mercy is probably your best option, near the train station, on a road called Prince of Wales Road. Bit chavvy, but probably least chavvy of "under 25" clubs.

If you are over 25, have deep pockets, and definitely do not want "chav" then Optic, which is also on Prince of Wales Road, is your best bet. Bit small, but the best in town by a mile.

If you are over 25 or under 25, or indeed any age, and are a chav, then you will be spoilt for choice. Go in most places and you will feel at home.

there is a alarming amount of chavs around in norwich these day i started to go out in norwich to get away from them in yarmouth but now its getting worse, too much burberry and not enough class, personally time and mercy are just about equal women wise a few more chavs in time though imo,

very nice girls in norwich mind

I would reccomend starting in the bars down Riverside. Probably squares and Lloyds (weatherspoons) then around 11 make your way to either time or mercy.

ps What are chavs please im probably being ignorant but ive never heard of them!

have a look at www.chavscum.co.uk to find out what all the fuss is about.

Without this turning into a "which pub is best" type thread on what is, after all, meant to be football related, I would also say that Norwegian Blue, Squares, and in particular Lloyds, are totally chavved up and should be avoided, especially on a Saturday night after football. Much better up the road in Slug, Ha Ha, Orgasmic in my opinion. 

[quote]I would reccomend starting in the bars down Riverside. Probably squares and Lloyds (weatherspoons) then around 11 make your way to either time or mercy. ps What are chavs please im probably being ign...[/quote]

Chav''s are the sort of person who starts in bar down Riverside and then moves on to Time or Mercy.

You can get lost ob1. After looking at the site I am definately not a chav. I''ve never worn a baseball cap, or pair of classics in my life as well as big jewellery and am not likely to, so no, I am not a chav like you are implying! Go and pick on someone else

Time''s definately gone downhill in the last year or so, probably due to mercy being a lot better. Po na na''s quite good, and if you fancy a more studenty night out visit the waterfront.

Agree with what youre saying jon, and I have to say Norwich is still one of the better places by far to go out, the people are nicer, the girls are nicer, compared to certain places in this part of the country I know where I would choose to go. And I have been to the bars in Riverside then onto Time and that doesnt make me a ''chav''.. theres a difference between going out to enjoy yourself and being part of a social undercurrent..Im soo opinionatedBut I dont care!Havent tried Mercy, where is Po Na Na? !Basically wherever you decide to go have a great night G Unit

To help the folks who are unaware of the exact nature of a CHAV ie

what they may look like

or even the cars they drive this web site has all the details on CHAVs and has to be as funny as a CHAVETTE (female Chav) with Mr T type gold hanging from every part of her body.

http://www.chavscum.co.uk/

I would like to apologise on behalf of the people of Great Yarmouth (my town of birth). It is this outpost which is almost entirely responsible for the reebok classic wearing, tracksuited, invariably spitting, fake london accented a***holes who are increasingly taking over various Norwich night spots.They drive up in a Vauxhall Corsa complete with alloys and a stereo worth more than their mum''s house (in which they still live).

I was Dragged into River Island by the Missus a few weeks ago and had to suppress my laughter at the Girl shopping while wearing a "Gold" tortoise around her neck, about 2in long and 1-1+1/2in high(belly to Back) and encrusted with red and green "jewells".

Classic chavity.

Haven''t lived in norwich for about 8 years now, but go back to my folks about 4-5 times a year. Used to think Norwich was great for going out as it used to be a chav-free zone, with lots of posh totty in short skirts and boots...the ''city cadettes''.

Every time I go back now its worse and worse, and becomming more like an upmarket Romford. Full of chavs.   Time on a Sat has a mix of non chavs and chavs.

Ended up in ponana''s recently and most peoples designer labels were on the inside of their clothes rather than scrawelled in massive writing accross the front of them which was a good thing, but there were v few fit birds... I was driving so maybe there were actually loads.

Theres no escape from Chavs nowdays. Look on the bright side....the more chavs there are in a club, the more classy laydeeees are left for you to clean up.

Thanks Shaun, Kent and the rest of you for your suggestions. Been away and just got back to find the thread. Funny how it turned into one about chavs and not so much on the topic but thats the chav effect for you!!

Anyway, I''ve got myself on the guest list for Optic. I''m just hoping it isnt too pretentious. Shaun, can you confirm???

You lot have confused me bar wise coz I thought the Riverside would be nice but it sounds like Chav central. hmmmm.......

The most important thing is we get the three points mind.

Would just like to add that not much gets said about Mulryne. I feel he''s the only man capable of breaking down Premiership defences. Nobody seems to put him in there ideal Norwich 11 so am I the only person that thinks he''s the man?? 

G Unit,

Optic is not too pretentious so don''t worry about it. Upstairs is a bar area, and downstairs there is a club. Drinks are reasonably expensive (for Norwich anyway), but to be honest it is well worth it, as the place is quality.

Personally, I would give Riverside a swerve, as it has fallen away badly in the past few months, and stay in the city centre. Bars I would recommend would be Slug and Lettuce, Ha Ha''s, Orgasmic and Delaneys. Delaneys and Orgasmic are the best two. All pretty close together, and not far from Optic at all.

Have a good night. You will probably need cheering up after the result

Re Mulryne, personally I dont rate him very highly as he is the master of the sideways pass, but he played well for our reserves the other night, so he may come on from the bench at some stage.

Perhaps when we come to Portsmouth you can tell us where to visit as well?

I''m sorry that I didn''t mention it Shaun but I''m coming from London. After visiting Pompey twice I''m rather glad that I''m not from there!!!

I haven''t even got a ticket yet but I heard there''s 200 tickets going on sale on at 9am on Saturday. That means I''ve probably gotta leave at 6.30 in morning. Hope people don''t start queuing from too early otherwise I''ll have leave earlier?

Thanks for the tips on all the bars/clubs. Think I''ll go with your itinery SSC.

[quote]Thanks Shaun, Kent and the rest of you for your suggestions. Been away and just got back to find the thread. Funny how it turned into one about chavs and not so much on the topic but thats the chav ef...[/quote]

g unit

sorry everyone, i am going to have to blast you all for putting poor old g unit off norwich nightlife

maybe it is because i am old, but to hell with fashion and all that, who cares what people wear and what they look like - as long as they make the effort to be clean and smart, surely it is more about their attitude to the people they are out with that counts? what the hell does it matter what brand of clothes/jewellery they wear, it''s a shame there aren''t more individuals around!!  I hope you have an excellent night out g unit, the bars around riverside are all fine, as is mercy, never been in time so can''t comment!  Sorry this is a mother talking, but having said that, i go out most nights (and enjoy myself) without gettting obsessed as to what i am supposed to wear or who to be seen with!

as for the footie - i too would love to see a fully fit mullers back in contention, what we need in this league are players who can pass the ball, and he can

Unfotunately GTG, this is just it. Chavs are not individual, they have a uniform that is enough to put me off my food. Jewellery, burberry, hackett and reebok classics.And as a mid-twenties male, I feel more intimidated in the Riverside complex than I do anywhere else in the City. If you''re not the right sex or age to get dragged into needless fights then you''re in a lucky position, however I am.From my perspective, if I want some bad attitude from a tiny-brained drunk thug, I''ll watch re-runs of Big Brother.

Very true bananaman, being originally from Gt Yarmouth I know all about the needless agro and fights that occur on a nightly basis up there. It''s a bad thing when as a young man you have to be almost constantly on your guard when you are just out for a good night. It is a shame to see a lot of these folks coming up to riverside and causing trouble there. I know it is a massive streotype GTG and sounds quite snobish but I am just basing my views on many past experiences, often the attitude comes as part of the chav package.

What you say is quite right Gazza. The issue of what you wear is, i agree not important. The chav ''uniform'' though, is merely a way of identifying their kind. The attitude is indeed what''s important, and unfortunately it is that that singles them out as much as their attire. The bad attitude goes with the uniform, the uniform with the attitude. Key characteristics of 90% of the people spotted in said uniform, you will find, will be crudeness, disrespect, total lack of consideration for those around them and just general obnoxiousness. The complete absence of any fashion sense whatsoever is, agreed, the least concern but has become the principal means of identifying these menaces to our society. And as has been said here, they seem to be proliferating across the country. Cambridge (where i am) has a serious chav problem and i read with dismay about its escalation in the fair city of Norwich!!

You need to look at that website mentioned above ''cos it really does articulate the phenomenon/problem very well!!

[quote]You can get lost ob1. After looking at the site I am definately not a chav. I''ve never worn a baseball cap, or pair of classics in my life as well as big jewellery and am not likely to, so no, I am no...[/quote]

Well, I can tell the humour removal operation was a complete success! Congratulations! Hope there isn''t much scar tissue.....

"Picking on you" - bless you.... really, if you believe I was picking on you, then you should think twice about posting on ANY public forum, if you honestly don''t believe you can handle a tiny bit of mickey taking.

[quote]Very true bananaman, being originally from Gt Yarmouth I know all about the needless agro and fights that occur on a nightly basis up there. It''s a bad thing when as a young man you have to be almost ...[/quote]

holloway and bananaman

sorry, i guess as nice decent young men you are targets, and as a sad old woman i am not, however, i have an 18 year old son, and a 23 year old daughter who go out in the city centre and they have never had any trouble.  It is nothing new sadly, there will always be mindless thugs about who only care about themselves, btw this is not confined to those under 25!! 

[quote]Thanks Shaun, Kent and the rest of you for your suggestions. Been away and just got back to find the thread. Funny how it turned into one about chavs and not so much on the topic but thats the chav ef...[/quote]

How did your day/evening work out G Unit? After all the suggestions from the board, did you have a productive and enjoyable evening in the Fine City?

Thanks for everyones ideas. In case you''re wondering how it went here goes....

Started off in Ha ha and walked in to see about half the squad including Hucks, Mullers, Drury and Greeno stood there Couldn''t believe my eyes!! They ended up going into a private room in the back with there wives, girlfriends and groupies who were all pretty fit.

Moved on to Orgasmic and The Slug which were ok. By this time I was half cut and ready to for clubbing.

I had guest list for Optic which not only meant no queuing but it also meant I didn''t have to pay to get in.... RESULT!  It puts nearly every club in London to shame. Quality music, decor, nice crowd(girls!!) and good drinks. If only every club was this good. If you live in Norwich and don''t go here you''re mad!!

All in all I''m jelous of those of you who live there. I''m defiantely gonna be back!

Shame we didn''t get the three points. That might have been asking too much!

Thanks again all!

g unit

glad to know you had a good time on saturday

good to see optic lived up to your expectations, will be checking it out in due course!  have to say you chose the posh end of POW road!!