Sign in to follow this  
singing canary

derby say no to fothringham ..

Derby will not be following up their interest in former Norwich midfielder Mark Fotheringham.

The 25-year-old trained with the Rams last week and played 55 minutes of Saturday''s pre-season friendly at Burton, but manager Nigel Clough believes he already has a strong quota of central midfielders at the club.

"I''ve had a chat with Mark and the problem is we''ve got three good players in the middle in Paul Green, Robbie Savage and Stephen Pearson - and all of them are on contract," said Clough.

"So we probably cannot pursue anything with Mark, but for a week I''ve never seen a trialist come in and work as hard as he has."

Derby are still weighing up the possibility of signing a young midfielder on loan from a Premier League club.

....... in other words he is not good enough !!!!!

LOL, they;ve got enough midfielders, but they''re weighing up the possibility of signing a young midfielder!!Fozzy you''re shite

[quote user="scrimmage"]LOL, they;ve got enough midfielders, but they''re weighing up the possibility of signing a young midfielder!!Fozzy you''re shite[/quote]I wouldn''t be surprised if they were interested, but his wage demands priced him out of it

Fotheringham found his level with Dundee - he should get back to Scotland with the likes of Stenhousemuir.

Mark Fotheringham is a basic human being, i pity any club that takes him on.

I really hope after this that Fotheringham realises he''s absolute sh*te.

Especially the way he did the interviews for sport/pinkun saying ''oh i have loads of options in spain/championship...

Bye bye fozzy..Good luck in Stranraer!!!

I was beginning to think that Clough had taken leave of his senses. Croft on a freebie and Fotheringham on trial. Was he thinking of putting money on Derby going down?

I think also that Stranraer is above Fozzy''s level. He should try to get a game with a Sunday league team. About Div 4B should be his level......................as a squad player only!!!!!!!!!!!

Why does everyone slate him?? He gave his all for this club and the fans just hated him, he only stormed off because of the fans! Best of luck Fozzy!

I say what i have said as ive seen him play plenty of times, and ive been a football fan for over 20 years. In my opinion, he is a below average footballer and for someone who claims to be a strong leader and passionate footballer, i saw very litttle of each and more importantly, very little sign of skill...

I believe he received similar tumultuous acclaim as our latest lot of new arrivals ......

I just wonder........?

I hope a League Two club picks him up, and he comes back here in the Johnstone''s Paint Trophy so we can all have a chance to say "goodbye"...

he tried, don''t get me wrong, but he was just utter rubbish! Happy to see him go, he should never have been captain!

[quote user="Mister Chops"]I hope a League Two club picks him up, and he comes back here in the Johnstone''s Paint Trophy so we can all have a chance to say "goodbye"...[/quote]He''ll probably score the winning goal and get man of the match.

[quote user="Its only my opinion"]i hv seen the fozzy flop!!![/quote]That''s boring now though, we''ve all seen that a hundred times....