Sign in to follow this  
singing canary

whos happy so far ...?

some gone , some stayed (so far) .

some new players in .

so who is happy so far with the people who have come in and left us ... ??

just intersted to see who is hopefull for the new season and who is thinking .. wehave no chance?

not a chance at the min are bout 6 players short to challenge for the league not including the players still to leave but we do have more squad players now.. still need that quality tho... fingers crossed!

I am thinking we have a slight chance if any, i mean were buying the oppositions chuck outs and how exactly are we suppost to field a decent 18 man team with these and what we already have... I felt good before the start of last season with the likes of ClingFilm and hoolahoop signed and with the likes of rusty stopping, but with Chris Martin, we have got a good footballer in him and I hope the gaffer has the sense to play him and cody up front together to get to see what they are like together, what would of happened if we had of kept martin for last season. I think were gonna fail again this season and not reach the automatic promotion places which is what everyone wants to see, I think we might fail misserably though... common gunn its up to you to clear up the mess that was left ages ago by rodent and grant!

I ''feel'' like we''ve made some positive activity in the market under Gunn.However i must admit that when i look at our line up of players, no matter how much i try and convince myself otherwise, i can''t help but feel that deep down it''s nowhere near being a promotion side of any sort. I can''t say i have much confidence in the available quality we have at our disposal, and neither am i confident that the team will have properly gelled together by any point during this season, and believe that it may unfortunately take atleast a couple of years for us to of repaired the damage that has been dealt over the past few years, and then develop a proper footballing side.And thats not to mention my utter lack of confidence in the managers managing ability (of which i''m convinced will fail us at almost every turn before his eventual sacking, and have been given ''no'' indication to think otherwise as of yet in this respect), and the low esteem of which i hold our board in.We''re going to be stuck down here for many a year, and believe me when i say there is going to be many periods of changing and adjusting before we can mount any solid promotion challenge.The problems are far too deep rooted, and the assets we currently have on the pitch are far too thin on the ground to realisically hold any immediate hopes of positivity.(I think contemplating this has made me more of a pessimist than i was expecting to be if i''m being honest.... I was actually an ''optimist'' a few days ago, but then i started seeing reason [:(].....)

[quote user="John"]I ''feel'' like we''ve made some positive activity in the market under Gunn.

However i must admit that when i look at our line up of players, no matter how much i try and convince myself otherwise, i can''t help but feel that deep down it''s nowhere near being a promotion side of any sort.

I can''t say i have much confidence in the available quality we have at our disposal, and neither am i confident that the team will have properly gelled together by any point during this season, and believe that it may unfortunately take atleast a couple of years for us to of repaired the damage that has been dealt over the past few years, and then develop a proper footballing side.

And thats not to mention my utter lack of confidence in the managers managing ability (of which i''m convinced will fail us at almost every turn before his eventual sacking, and have been given ''no'' indication to think otherwise as of yet in this respect), and the low esteem of which i hold our board in.

We''re going to be stuck down here for many a year, and believe me when i say there is going to be many periods of changing and adjusting before we can mount any solid promotion challenge.

The problems are far too deep rooted, and the assets we currently have on the pitch are far too thin on the ground to realisically hold any immediate hopes of positivity.

(I think contemplating this has made me more of a pessimist than i was expecting to be if i''m being honest.... I was actually an ''optimist'' a few days ago, but then i started seeing reason [:(].....)
[/quote]

I agree ...when 1st saw the players we had signed i started thinking there not to bad actually n thinking we got spillain n martin back. cody will be good this season. cureton might do well in this league.. Then thought about it martin wasn''t exacly prolific in the league below, spillain done well but gill was in a promoted team in same division and one of there best players and from what i hear looked very average against fakenham so that tells me none of them are goin to be great in league one. cureton is not getting younger and he couldnt even get a shot on target last year so why will he start scoring in this league. cody still has done nothing in the 1st team. our defence is still very very slow our full backs are not great we have no wingers who can cross a ball n little pace in midfield . the keeper is un proven at this level maybe he was 3rd best in the australian A-league is that really a good standard. if hoolahan goes we hv no creativity in the team wat so  ever n if clingan goes aswell we have no ancher midfielder...... i can go on forever we really badly need quality signings n stop signing risky squad players but the no funds to bring quality in.... i hope i am wrong!!

well...

Theo or rudd

Spillane, ifill or semmi

nelson, doc or dejan

Drury or lappin

Whaley or smith

2x Gill, tudor jones or adeyemi

Hoolahan or lappin

2x Lee, martin, cody mac, bridges, maric, curo, mcveigh or daley

Plus other youth

Plus the rest of the transfer budget (total of £700k plus rusty, clinkers, marshall and pattison fees)

How does that sound?

most the players on that list will hv a question mark next to them as in are they good enough to be in a title race.... from what your saying we hv 700k + 1m marshall + maybe 350k rusty + maybe 1m clingan +1p oops 250k pattison???? so maybe a little over 3m to spend lol norwich will never spend that amount on transfers this summer....

true, all i''m sayin is that the money is there 4 us to get Lee, Whaley, a decent right back, a new CM, a new winger and a striker. Whether we finish off the good work started this summer is another question tho

£1m for Marshall? He went for a six figure sum, more likely to be under £500,000 and I doubt we''ll get much for either Pattison or Russell, I''ll just be happy to have them off the wage budget quite frankly.

I agree totally with John above.

I am so uninspired by the signings so far. For a serious promotion challenge we need to be buying players from the league above, not below. Just shows how low we have sunk I guess.

As for Gunny; that he is manager now shows the lack of ambition that the club still has. Think like a small club and that''s what you will be.

I think to do well in this league we need a squad full of good league 1 players with a handful of good championship players.  Not sure that we have that yet.

[quote user="jelltex"]I agree totally with John above.

I am so uninspired by the signings so far. For a serious promotion challenge we need to be buying players from the league above, not below. Just shows how low we have sunk I guess.

As for Gunny; that he is manager now shows the lack of ambition that the club still has. Think like a small club and that''s what you will be.[/quote]And yet again we are heading for another season without the goalscorer(s) we need.

[quote user="IncH_HigH"][quote user="jelltex"]I agree totally with John above. I am so uninspired by the signings so far. For a serious promotion challenge we need to be buying players from the league above, not below. Just shows how low we have sunk I guess. As for Gunny; that he is manager now shows the lack of ambition that the club still has. Think like a small club and that''s what you will be.[/quote]

And yet again we are heading for another season without the goalscorer(s) we need.
[/quote]

Thank goodness for ''Own goal'' last season.

[quote user="John"]I ''feel'' like we''ve made some positive activity in the market under Gunn.

However i must admit that when i look at our line up of players, no matter how much i try and convince myself otherwise, i can''t help but feel that deep down it''s nowhere near being a promotion side of any sort.

I can''t say i have much confidence in the available quality we have at our disposal, and neither am i confident that the team will have properly gelled together by any point during this season, and believe that it may unfortunately take atleast a couple of years for us to of repaired the damage that has been dealt over the past few years, and then develop a proper footballing side.

And thats not to mention my utter lack of confidence in the managers managing ability (of which i''m convinced will fail us at almost every turn before his eventual sacking, and have been given ''no'' indication to think otherwise as of yet in this respect), and the low esteem of which i hold our board in.

We''re going to be stuck down here for many a year, and believe me when i say there is going to be many periods of changing and adjusting before we can mount any solid promotion challenge.

The problems are far too deep rooted, and the assets we currently have on the pitch are far too thin on the ground to realisically hold any immediate hopes of positivity.

(I think contemplating this has made me more of a pessimist than i was expecting to be if i''m being honest.... I was actually an ''optimist'' a few days ago, but then i started seeing reason [:(].....)
[/quote]

Well said that man...

I keep trying to look for positives but unfortunately can''t see any at the moment or any hope of any whilst the current majority share holders are in charge of the club. If you think we are fishing in a very average pond at the moment wait until next season when we have got absolutely no half decent players to sell to bolster the pathetic transfer kitty...

Lets just hope Mr Harris comes up trumps very shortly, or Delia actually finally leaps into the real world and sells her majority shareholding for a realistic price. As I said in a previous post - if we weren''t talking to that guy from Switzerland who bought Southampton last week - WHY NOT !!

Gunn as manager is a joke unfortunately - I might feel slightly more optimistic for the future if we had someone in place with experience and talent but unfortunately he has neither of these things - lets hope Crook and Butterworth do the business...

Its sad - but the anger of the situation we are in still gets to me - as you can probably tell !!! and until those responsible have gone I can''t see a positive future on the pitch for the team.  

At the moment I think we will be lucky to finish top half, let alone challange for the play offs with the current squad (not I said squad and not team).

Yes... signings players from the league below is a poor way of doing things as are free signings, it''s not what Peterborough did to get back to back promotions.

Not like Posh plucked Boyd, Mclean and Mackail-Smith from Non-league football, Charlie on a free after his release from Spurs etc.

Oh wait...

Honestly, stop being so melo-dramatic before a ball has even been kicked, if after 5-10 games we''re in the bottom half of the table and struggling i''l be at a lower ebb than the rest of you but right now i''m going to wait and see how the team does on the pitch before passing judgement on em.

[quote user="The Judge"]

[/quote]

Well said that man...

I keep trying to look for positives but unfortunately can''t see any at the moment or any hope of any whilst the current majority share holders are in charge of the club. If you think we are fishing in a very average pond at the moment wait until next season when we have got absolutely no half decent players to sell to bolster the pathetic transfer kitty...

Lets just hope Mr Harris comes up trumps very shortly, or Delia actually finally leaps into the real world and sells her majority shareholding for a realistic price. As I said in a previous post - if we weren''t talking to that guy from Switzerland who bought Southampton last week - WHY NOT !!

Gunn as manager is a joke unfortunately - I might feel slightly more optimistic for the future if we had someone in place with experience and talent but unfortunately he has neither of these things - lets hope Crook and Butterworth do the business...

Its sad - but the anger of the situation we are in still gets to me - as you can probably tell !!! and until those responsible have gone I can''t see a positive future on the pitch for the team.  

[/quote]

Agree completely with John and The Judge on this one.

I''ll always be a '' half empty '' type but right now I''m finding it more difficult than I have in recent years to be positive about our prospects next term and the seasons following. I think our weakest link is our manager - great bloke of course - but he hardly inspires confidence having had a so-called ''dream team'' and the best part of 20 games to make an impact last season and failed spectacularly.

Goals have been a problem at Carrow Road for years. Even if we do manage to get a reasonable target man able to perform at our level we''ll almost certainly will still be relying at some point on Jamie Cureton producing the goods and I''m not convinced he''s still got it in him.

We''ve probably got enough about us to avoid another relegation fight but I''ll be surprised if we manage to finish in the top half next year, and, under the current regime I suspect it will be some time before we are able to mount a serious challenge to regain our Championship status. 

he has signed strong players in the centre, but hasnt added any width or geunie quality.looking at nelson, jones, gill and martin (or lee), i dont feel confident.we wouldnt play very good football with them lot. and he wasnt effective last year either with ugly football so i have not gained confidence yet.i will be encouraged if whaley signs though as he is a quality player.