Sign in to follow this  
Hog

Lee signing tomorrow

I have heard a big rumour that Lee is in fact signing tomorrow! Now this is actually from a very reliable source.

[quote user="PhatCanary"]

You''ve gone and done it now!!![;)]

[/quote]

LOL

Yeah I guess I have!

[quote user="Salahuddin"]I have heard a big rumour that Lee is in fact signing tomorrow! Now this is actually from a very reliable source.[/quote]

I heard on Thursday last week that he was about to fly out to USA with Crystal Palace squad for pre-season tour!

Why would he go there if he was about to sign for someone iminently?!?

[quote user="Salahuddin"]I have heard a big rumour that Lee is in fact signing tomorrow! Now this is actually from a very reliable source.[/quote]

You''re a poster I respect a lot Sal, and not one prone too rumour mongering, if your right on this, I''m going to be a very happy wizard.[Y]

I too was under the impression that he had gone to the USA, but as I said, it was a VERY reliable source, I would not have posted otherwise. If it doesn''t happen then fair enough I will hold my hand up and say I was wrong.

[quote user="Salahuddin"]I too was under the impression that he had gone to the USA, but as I said, it was a VERY reliable source, I would not have posted otherwise. If it doesn''t happen then fair enough I will hold my hand up and say I was wrong.[/quote]

Well without discounting your ''reliable source'' I shall set about trying to find eveidence of which Palace players have gone to USA and/or if they have played any games yet.

Sal''s a reliable guy so if he says his source is good, that''s good enough for me. Will be interesting to see whether it involves a swap deal for Wes or Rusty. My Rusty/Lee Swap deal gag could have legs after all!

I hope you find out he is still in the UK, Beasty! I''ll be made up if he does sign but after all the comments from Gunny & Colin last week I can''t get too exited I''m afraid!

Another week, another rumour mill begins!  Lets hope we sign SOMEONE!

why would anyone get excited at this ? lee is a carthorse and a whinging one at that .

[quote user="Canary02 III"]Sal''s a reliable guy so if he says his source is good, that''s good enough for me. Will be interesting to see whether it involves a swap deal for Wes or Rusty. My Rusty/Lee Swap deal gag could have legs after all![/quote]

Imagine if we signed rusty lee. awesome.

[quote user="nu_matik"][quote user="Canary02 III"]Sal''s a reliable guy so if he says his source is good, that''s good enough for me. Will be interesting to see whether it involves a swap deal for Wes or Rusty. My Rusty/Lee Swap deal gag could have legs after all![/quote]

Imagine if we signed rusty lee. awesome.
[/quote]

She wouldn''t win much in the air but the jerk chicken would be awesome.

I know it prob won''t mean much but I saw wes today so he wasn''t in London talking personal terms.

along with Whaley. Also says that we have bid for Paul Parry. I wouldn''t be surprised if this included Clingan going the other way.

Lee sure does divide opinion. I don''t have a problem with him wanting to play for a club close to home, and would be happy if we could sign him. He''s not a pretty player, but I could see him linking up well with Cody/Cureton, and he and Martin would be formidable.

Apart from the swapping rumours, the one player Gunn has admitted to going for is Steven Hughes. He''s thinking over whether to agree to the terms, and is in Scotland. Wonder if a siging up has been planned while they are up there.

Never seen Sal post rumours before, so I will go for this.

Lee, Whaley and Parry in, with Clingfilm and Rusty going, then I will be a happy man. Get another centre forward, right and left back in and topped up with some of the freebies and trialists and we will have a squad capable for next season.

Lol, I don''t really want him either! Would much rather see Dickinson here to be honest.

Lee is a decent player, certainly not everyone''s cup of tea but clearly the sort of presence up front that we''ve been crying out for. At the end of the day, Ippo supporters did not want him sold and saw it as yet another mistake from Mad Jim; imo in League 1 he should represent a real handful.

Of course, were we setting out in a season in the Champs and looking to be at the business end of that division, I''d not want him, but we are far from being in that scenario!

Whaley and Lee to signClingan to goIt''s all kicking off tommorow...Would also prefer Small or Parry and Dickinson but there you go..

would love to see lee sign, in that old trick of conjuring youth and experience lee is an old head that leads from the front