Sign in to follow this  
gsr600

Luke Daley the forgotton player on here

whose to say luke daley wont become the 20 a season goalscorer your all after

or even renton, whats to say he wont become a 20 season goal scorer,

actually from rentons stats he looks like someone that wont be easily musseled off the ball,

12 stone 10 quite a wieght behind the youngster and 5''10 not a bad hiegt

[quote user="gsr600"]whose to say luke daley wont become the 20 a season goalscorer your all after or even renton, whats to say he wont become a 20 season goal scorer, actually from rentons stats he looks like someone that wont be easily musseled off the ball, 12 stone 10 quite a wieght behind the youngster and 5''10 not a bad hiegt[/quote]

If you''d seen Renton on loan at Lynn last year you would have saved your typing fingers! He''s a carthorse who looked out of his depth in the Blue Square.

Kris Renton didnt score in 7 games at Kings Lynn so I doubt he will set League 1 alight.

Daley is still raw and I can''t see him getting a run up front, I think he will be used more on the right wing as cover for hopefully someone like Wade Small or Simon Whalley.

yes i didnt see renton play and ok was mybe a bad example, the thing is, that everyone seems interested in wanting to buy a striker that lets face at 500000 is a lot to our club in its current state when buying strikers doesnt always work for us, i mean look t the run of poor strikers weve bought,

cureton, brown, strihavka, in fact the only 2 20 goal season strikers weve had in a long while was ashton and earnshaw and look at there loyalty and cost.

we dont hve the money to buy a 20 goal a season striker, these cost upwards of 1 mil, but with everyone going on about the trialists and cody, and lee etc people have not looked at luke daley who by all accounts from seeing him in the youth setup and the games in the reserves, and youth cup looks a handy player whose to say luke daley wont be the 20 a season goal scorer,

Still think Troy Powell is worth a contract. Perhaps if i say it enough it might happen [;)]

I agree Daley is a massive prospect, although I''ve only seen him play twice. He is worth at least a place on the bench imo

[quote user="Henry"]Still think Troy Powell is worth a contract. Perhaps if i say it enough it might happen [;)][/quote]

I agree with you there mate.

[quote user="ROBFLECK"]I agree Daley is a massive prospect, although I''ve only seen him play twice. He is worth at least a place on the bench imo[/quote]now we can have 7 people on the bench as well it will allow us to blood a few more youngsters too.

Even with a limited budget, it is beginning to look possible to have at least 2 players at every position and a youth player behind each of those (trialists and possibles have a ?).

GK Theoklitos, Rudd, Steer
RB Otsemobor, Spillane, Mtandari?
LB Drury, Lappin, Mtandari?, Habergham (Mtandari played RB and LB against Fakenham)
CB Doherty, Nelson, Stephens
CB Stefanovic, Spillane, Dumic, Joarder?
CM Tudur-Jones, Spillane, Smith, Chrysanthou?
CM Gill, Pattison, Adeyemi, Lappin
RM Whaley?, Neilson?, Smith, McVeigh?, Lathrope
LM Hoolahan, Lappin, Pattison, McVeigh?
ST Maric?, Bridges?, Martin, Powell?, Renton, Kelly
ST McDonald, Martin, Cureton, McVeigh?, Daley, Craig?

If enough of the triallists work out this could develop into a reasonable squad, with youth players at every position for future development. I think that this is the right way to go rather than having to play players out of position (Russell as striker, etc.). Injuries would have less impact with such back-up available and consistency of performance easier to achieve, IMO.

I have to be honest, that in the short time I have seen him, there is nothing to suggest that he will become a good player. I know I have only seen him a few times and he has bags of pace, but Ijust have a gut feeling he won''t. I hope that he does.

I don''t think Daley is ready either but then I also have doubts that Cody is going to be able to jump up to a full season at pro level (albeit league1) and not have any problems adjusting.

Think Gunn has actually been quite smart in holding onto Cureton as we need his experience more than ever.  Just wish he could rediscover his goal scoring form.

the thing is its ok saying he isnt ready yet but how do we know if he doesnt get a chance, i agree that we need a mature head in the squad for youngsters to look upto and be inspired by and boy do we need someone like dion for that but wat we need is to build for the future aswell s trying to gain promotion, wat we dont need to do is waste money on strikers that mght not perform and who might only want to pay for us for a paycheck and to boost there career chances with other teams, ie marshall, clingan, and croft style

We had a look at him at the end of last season and he showed potential but also signs he is not ready yet.

There is no point throwing him in for 15-20 games and find he can''t buy a goal. What is that going to do for the lads confidence?

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]Luke Daley is far too raw at the moment, has lots of pace and will be a handul for League 1 defenders[/quote]

he should try Lanacane then, it stops raw areas of skin rubbing

i would send kelly to a blue square side and daley to a L2 team for a season to toughen them up. As for Renton, i would suggest the same.

[quote user="gsr600"]whose to say luke daley wont become the 20 a season goalscorer your all after or even renton, whats to say he wont become a 20 season goal scorer, actually from rentons stats he looks like someone that wont be easily musseled off the ball, 12 stone 10 quite a wieght behind the youngster and 5''10 not a bad hiegt[/quote]

What a rediculous statement. Who''s to say Gary Docherty wont bag 20 goals next season? Who''s to say Jamie Cureton wont bag 20 goals next season? Lets face facts, the only player who is going to bag us 20 plus goals next season has yet to sign. All eyes on Goran Maric tonight if you ask me.

but will dickinson get 20 goals, would lita get 20, no one knows

i for one would rather have powell and daley cos there free then spending money on a striker that could turn put to be a brown or strihavka,

if we could get a earnshaw for 100k then itd be bargain of century but i dont think that will happen,