Sign in to follow this  
Canary Boy

Bad News...

Ok....Crystal Palace 2 Fulham 0

THAT MEANS WE ARE BOTTOM OF THE PREMIERSHIP FOR AT LEAST TWO WEEKS!!!!!!!!!

Help....someone cheer me up and post something funny or I''m going to be sick!

Help Nigel, help, Darren, help Robert....HELP!!!

Noooooo! This should serve as a wake-up call to the players to  start getting wins...West Brom would be a good start, although the international break could be a problem.

Yes - our worst fears are upon us - palcae won 2 nil we are firmly at the bottom of the league for the next few weeks im afraid - the only team in the league without o win. A very sad night.

Oh well, as I post this (21:59) it''s official - we are propping up the Premiership table!! Doesn''t look good, what''s worse is we have to look at it for 2 weeks. Come on City!

It looks like we will be bottom.Palace are up 2-0.What the hell are Fulham playing at? Sent off after SIX minutes?

Altogether now

''We are bottom of the league, sing we are bottom of the league!''
or
''Re-le-ga-shun Re-le-ga-shun ole ole ole''
or
''Are we Ipswich in disguise!''
or
''Going down down down, going down down down''

;-)

Just remember no team gets relegated by the first week in October and after the fixture list was published we were expected to be bottom after 3 games.

A long way to go yet and plenty of time for performances like saturdays to yeild plenty of three points, hopefully starting at the hawtorns now we have remembered how to attack and score.

OTBC

The galling thing is that Pearce was sent off for almost exactly the same tackle that Lauren did on Huckerby when Arsenal came to FCR. Look at them together and I would swear that there is no difference whatsoever. They both brought down the last man running through on goal through use of the arm. Now why do Palace get justice like that when we might have managed to nick a point had Arsenal been down to ten men (OK, still tough but it might just have been doable). Pearce gets sent off, Lauren doesn''t, Holt''s shot hits the woodwork on Saturday and we are bottom.

However reflect on the fact that so far away we have played Man Utd, Liverpool, Newcastle and Tottenham and been outplayed in only one of those. At home not so good but the only two games we might have marked down for 3 points would have been Palace and Pompey. Palace at the start was a little bit anti climactic, and perhaps one could excuse the draw, but it was Saturday''s result which was so disappointing.

Despite all that we are hardly bottom by a mile and if we can beat WBA it will give confidence for the next few crucial games.

And only just October at that...get a grip! Of course I''m frustrated/depresed etc etc like all of you but there are still THIRTY games to go!

Big game against the Baggies coming up though.

so what if we are bottom!!!there is a LONG way to go yetand if teams like palace and WBA can get a result we definately will just be pateint.................................the wins will come

Ist thing this morning, turn on the mobile and, there it is, the message from an Ipswich fan, "congratulations, you are officially the strongest team in the league" $$££******))%er

There is no need to panic. A win against WBA in a fortnight and we will rocket up the table.

Look at the the fixture list for two weeks time:

Birmingham v Man Utd
Blackburn v Middlesbrough
Bolton v Crystal Palace
Everton v Southampton
Fulham v Liverpool
West Brom v Norwich
Man City v Chelsea
Portsmouth v Tottenham

Man City are in 12th place on 8 points. Will they beat Chelsea? Doubt it. Portsmouth to beat in form Spurs? Nope. Southampton take out 3rd place Everton? Not a chance. Will Birmigham halt the Man Utd revival? Can''t see it myself. Fulham defeat Liverpool? Unlikely. Palace to beat Bolton at the Reebok? No.

So we can be off the bottom at the first available opportunity. BUT, we need is to start winning. So would the real Norwich City please stand up.

I''m sure that the wins will come. If however we carry on scoring 0.625 points per game then we will finish with 23 points this season.

Not depressed yet, but we are sadly missing a proven goalscorer which I appreciate dosern''t come cheap.