Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

We Demand an Edit button!

[quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="Gingerpele"]My mum made my step-dad''s (her Husbands) website for him, and the forum on there has editiing facilities (plus i am a moderator, so i can edit other people''s posts)[/quote]
[IMG]http://i26.tinypic.com/ru724l.jpg[/IMG]
[/quote]

Every time I look at this I can hear ''Duelling Banjos'' [:D]

[quote user="1st Wazzock"]

[quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="Gingerpele"]My mum made my step-dad''s (her Husbands) website for him, and the forum on there has editiing facilities (plus i am a moderator, so i can edit other people''s posts)[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

He looks like he''s just had an innuendo to me.........[;)]

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="1st Wazzock"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

He looks like he''s just had an innuendo to me.........[;)]

[/quote]

LMAO Tears of laughter - I''m easily amused.

hmm, slightly strange, well the whole forum is now, i was just saying how simple it is, and how someone on a cheap him PC, can manage to make a site and forum with an edit button.....

[quote user="Gingerpele"]hmm, slightly strange, well the whole forum is now, i was just saying how simple it is, and how someone on a cheap him PC, can manage to make a site and forum with an edit button.....[/quote]

Bet you wished this site had an edit button now.

Yes, well every forum in the entire universe has an edit button. Just not this one. Which is staggering.

Although that''s not as staggering as people who are against having an edit button. As if it''s something to be suspicious of. "But people might... edit their posts!" they cry. YOU DON''T SAY. These are, I assume, people who still look at refrigerators with fear, and gasp in awe every time they see a car go past. Only on the Pink ''Un, a forum full of people from Norfolk, eh?

[quote user="1st Wazzock"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Mustachio Furioso"][quote user="First Wizard"]

This is the only message board I''ve ever used that doen''t have an edit facility for its posters.............don''t you trust us mods?

I''m always making cock ups, bad spelling etc and it would be nice to be able to correct them.

Hands up if you agree.

[/quote]

Whilst I agree that an edit function would be handy for the majority of us it must have a time limit of a couple of hours or so else some people on here <cough, cough> would alter their posts after they have been proven wrong yet again.

[/quote]

Old Vital site use to do just that...........60 minutes limit I think.

And I''m not jumping in at the expected inuendo![;)]

[/quote]

Did you know that ''Innuendo'' is an Italian suppository ? [^o)]

[/quote]

Did you hear about the wizard who went to see The Doc complaining of discomfort in his left ear. After the examination, The Doc initiated a conversation that went as follows:

The Doc: Why Wiz, I think you have a suppository in your ear.
Wiz: ?eh?

The Doc: Wiz - You have a SUPPOSITORY in your EAR!
Wiz: ??EH??

The Doc: (shouting) --IN YOUR EAR! --A SUPPOSITORY!!!
Wiz: Oh, thank goodness - now I know where I put my hearing aid!

[quote user="Desert Fox"]

Pete,

Whilst we are it - any chance of a spell check button on the toolbar?

[/quote]

Down load the Google bar that has a spell check on it.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="LQ"].Just for info, Wizards ignorant comments are why I''m not posting here much anymore. I just can''t be bothered reading the pathetic retorts.

[/quote]

Strange, you said the same thing on the Offy site about other posters on there before you quit, add hypocrite to the list Lisa!

[/quote]Perhaps you could go back and edit the thread where you claimed you never resorted to insults against other posters...

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="LQ"].Just for info, Wizards ignorant comments are why I''m not posting here much anymore. I just can''t be bothered reading the pathetic retorts.

[/quote]

Strange, you said the same thing on the Offy site about other posters on there before you quit, add hypocrite to the list Lisa!

[/quote]Perhaps you could go back and edit the thread where you claimed you never resorted to insults against other posters...[/quote]Or the one where he said he''d back Gunn even after relegation cos it was all Roeder''s fault.Or the one where it wasn''t Roeder''s fault, it was the nasty board who never backed him.I''m sure most posters could name a thread or two where Lizard talked b*ll*cks and was called out on it.His motives for wanting an edit button are pretty clear. Still, it would be amusing to see every single thread he starts being edited later as his house of straw collapses around him.I say let''s do it!

[quote user="1st Wazzock"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Mustachio Furioso"][quote user="First Wizard"]

This is the only message board I''ve ever used that doen''t have an edit facility for its posters.............don''t you trust us mods?

I''m always making cock ups, bad spelling etc and it would be nice to be able to correct them.

Hands up if you agree.

[/quote]

Whilst I agree that an edit function would be handy for the majority of us it must have a time limit of a couple of hours or so else some people on here <cough, cough> would alter their posts after they have been proven wrong yet again.

[/quote]

Old Vital site use to do just that...........60 minutes limit I think.

And I''m not jumping in at the expected inuendo![;)]

[/quote]

Did you know that ''Innuendo'' is an Italian suppository ? [^o)]

[/quote]

[img]http://carrowroad.net/carrow1/Smileys/new/rofl.gif[/img]