Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

We Demand an Edit button!

This is the only message board I''ve ever used that doen''t have an edit facility for its posters.............don''t you trust us mods?

I''m always making cock ups, bad spelling etc and it would be nice to be able to correct them.

Hands up if you agree.

Totally. I don''t think anybody will disagree with this. I hate having to make another post to correct an error, or to add something I forgot to put in the first time round.

[quote user="Lakey"]Tbf. there is a preview button before you post...proof read?!
[/quote]

The fingers of the angry and discontented masses move too quickly for such time-consuming frippary...

[quote user="Lakey"]Tbf. there is a preview button before you post...proof read?![/quote] [Y]

[quote user="First Wizard"]

This is the only message board I''ve ever used that doen''t have an edit facility for its posters.............don''t you trust us mods?

I''m always making cock ups, bad spelling etc and it would be nice to be able to correct them.

Hands up if you agree.

[/quote]

Whilst I agree that an edit function would be handy for the majority of us it must have a time limit of a couple of hours or so else some people on here <cough, cough> would alter their posts after they have been proven wrong yet again.

Yeah but I''d assume like pretty much any other forum ever, that if you edit a post it''ll say it''s been edited and at what time so I don''t think anyone would get away with that little trick.

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"][quote user="First Wizard"]

Hands up if you agree.

[/quote]

Whilst I agree that an edit function would be handy for the majority of us it must have a time limit of a couple of hours or so else some people on here <cough, cough> would alter their posts after they have been proven wrong yet again.

[/quote]

Old Vital site use to do just that...........60 minutes limit I think.

And I''m not jumping in at the expected inuendo![;)]

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Yeah but I''d assume like pretty much any other forum ever, that if you edit a post it''ll say it''s been edited and at what time so I don''t think anyone would get away with that little trick.[/quote]

Exactly Graham...........I''ve tried![:)]

[quote user="Delias Devonshire Dirtbox"]I demand you read your crap through before posting it![/quote]

Jeez! even on a thread like this, someone wants to ruin it.

[quote user="Delias Devonshire Dirtbox"]I demand you read your crap through before posting it![/quote]

[/quote]Some of us just don''t see a real need for it.

[quote user="John"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

Some of us just don''t see a real need for it.
[/quote]

Fair enough John, buts why get personal? weaker people could quit this MB through that kind of reply.

Myself? I won''t ever let the bastards win!

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="John"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]Some of us just don''t see a real need for it.[/quote]

Fair enough John, buts why get personal? weaker people could quit this MB through that kind of reply.

[/quote]Is it ''really'' too much to ask to read through the preview though?

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Yeah but I''d assume like pretty much any other forum ever, that if you edit a post it''ll say it''s been edited and at what time so I don''t think anyone would get away with that little trick.[/quote]

Exactly Graham...........I''ve tried![:)]

[/quote]

That and the fact that people quote and therefore copy (before the edit), and hence the thing they are talking about is unedited...

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="John"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]That''s classic!Coming from the bloke who has called me every name under the sun on here because of my opinions.Just for info, Wizards ignorant comments are why I''m not posting here much anymore. I just can''t be bothered reading the pathetic retorts.

[quote user="LQ"].

Just for info, Wizards ignorant comments are why I''m not posting here much anymore. I just can''t be bothered reading the pathetic retorts.

[/quote]

Strange, you said the same thing on the Offy site about other posters on there before you quit, add hypocrite to the list Lisa!

[quote user="John"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="John"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]Is it ''really'' too much to ask to read through the preview though?[/quote].... Hang on, don''t remember making this personal?[^o)]

I bet Roeder wishes there was an edit button on last season.  There, now this topic is related to Norwich City footy.  I dare the people running this thing to move it to another forum now!

[quote user="LQ"].Just for info, Wizards ignorant comments are why I''m not posting here much anymore. I just can''t be bothered reading the pathetic retorts.

[/quote]

Strange, you said the same thing on the Offy site about other posters on there before you quit, add hypocrite to the list Lisa!

[/quote]How am I a hypocrite?Last time I looked at the offy site was a good 2 or 3 months ago.Anyway, point proved.