Sign in to follow this  
Its only my opinion

Atmosphere at carrow road...

How do you think the fan''s will react for league one football?

If we start the season well is the going to be a carnival party atmosphear, or is everyone going to be sitting on there hands waiting for it all to go wrong... what will it take for the fans to get behind the team or will we get behind them right from the 1st whistle even if we don''t have a great start?

How are you going to get a carnival atmosphere when we are playing teams like Yeovil and Exeter , people will go to games expecting to win and if we dont it wont be long before the headhunters want Delias and Gunns served up on a plate.

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]How are you going to get a carnival atmosphere when we are playing teams like Yeovil and Exeter , people will go to games expecting to win and if we dont it wont be long before the headhunters want Delias and Gunns served up on a plate.
[/quote]

"headhunters"??

Well excuse me if I object to getting beaten by Yeovil...seems a reasonable reaction to me.

[quote user="Big Dog "]

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]How are you going to get a carnival atmosphere when we are playing teams like Yeovil and Exeter , people will go to games expecting to win and if we dont it wont be long before the headhunters want Delias and Gunns served up on a plate.
[/quote]

"headhunters"??

Well excuse me if I object to getting beaten by Yeovil...seems a reasonable reaction to me.

[/quote]

Agreed....but this is the level we are at!    prepared to be pissed off!

[quote user="Big Dog "]

[/quote]

"headhunters"??

[/quote]

It is League 1 - we are there because we were crap last season , on a par with Us are Yeovil , Leeds , Hartlepool and Southampton - 4 clubs of varying sizes but they all play at the same level as we do , we will win games we will lose games that what a league is and some of the teams we lose to will be " inferior " but they are a League 1 team none theless , The FAC first round would be different if we get a village team and lose to them  

[quote user="Big Dog "]

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]How are you going to get a carnival atmosphere when we are playing teams like Yeovil and Exeter , people will go to games expecting to win and if we dont it wont be long before the headhunters want Delias and Gunns served up on a plate.[/quote]

"headhunters"?? Well excuse me if I object to getting beaten by Yeovil...seems a reasonable reaction to me.

[/quote] I''m with you , in fact i would like Delia''s and Gunns heads on a plate now just for taking us to League 1.

I reckon our la de da City "spectators" will project an aura of superiority over their lower status playmates.....

To begin with that is........

It has been quite quiet for a while, for reasons we all know. I love it when the Carrow rocks, but very rarely does it happen. Wolves game when we whipped them, was just the best we have had in ages. Hopefully if we are nar the top, we can have some big noise.

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]It has been quite quiet for a while, for reasons we all know. I love it when the Carrow rocks, but very rarely does it happen. Wolves game when we whipped them, was just the best we have had in ages. Hopefully if we are nar the top, we can have some big noise.[/quote]

Completely agree with that. We obiviously need to be doing well or else a bad atmosphere sets in which makes it even more difficult for the players to play confidently and get the results.

I''l be there singing away no matter what, there wasn''t one game i went to last season where i still had my voice the next day.

I think the atmosphere will be good to start with, if we continue well it will be fine.........but, the moment things start going downhill it will get nasty

[quote user="Barclay_Boy"]i will settle for Smith and Gunn served up on a plate right now, why wait for the inevitable?[/quote]

Gunn-Smith...

Get it?

Gun-Smith?

Like someone who makes guns?

No?

I''ll get me coat......

I can''t wait for the witty "what''s it like to see a crowd?" chant to be unveiled as we sit watching a 0-0 draw against Yeovil, such hilarity will make my day.

I''ve felt that it has been a poor atmosphere at FCR for quite a while now - imo, oddly, since the Prem season. Up to then, we''d had years of crap, but in Worthy''s first full season for some reason it seemed there was a particular sense of anticipation, and the atmosphere was as good as I can remember (going back to the early 80s).

Am not sure what it will take for it to come back, perhaps if we start off the season well we will find a bit more optimism returning, but it is a big ''if''.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]I''ve felt that it has been a poor atmosphere at FCR for quite a while now - imo, oddly, since the Prem season. Up to then, we''d had years of crap, but in Worthy''s first full season for some reason it seemed there was a particular sense of anticipation, and the atmosphere was as good as I can remember (going back to the early 80s). Am not sure what it will take for it to come back, perhaps if we start off the season well we will find a bit more optimism returning, but it is a big ''if''.[/quote]

Whether you like it or not... nothing will change until the whole ethos of the club returns to it''s roots and a different sort of fan comes back to the game.......

We are now a "brand" instead of a football team....and a "brand" does not inspire passionate followers.