Sign in to follow this  
Canary02 III

I've heard...

a rumour that might be worth sharing. Source is a friend who has never given me any City info before but heard it from a friend who knows someone who works at Colney. Sounds tremendously tenuous I know, so please take with a pinch of salt, as I have too.

Rumour is that apparantly Whaley is 99% here. The hold up in completing is because of the other things occurring. Since Clingan and Russell got left out of the tour there are supposedly a lot of teams who have chucked their hats into the ring for both of them, and a lot of enquiries, bids, potential swap deals etc have been brought to the table. Obviously the clubs are not the only ones involved in these negotiations either, as both players and their agents are working to get what they want too, and so it''s all a bit of a complicated mess. Clingan is wanted by about a dozen clubs and West Brom are the latest to make a bid. Russell is hoping to move back to London and Palace are interested but as usual, Warnock is making it as difficult as possible to get any deal done. Russell-Lee is a potential swap but will take an awful lot of negotiation because the clubs have vastly differing values for the players at this stage. Clingan is likely to end up as a straight cash deal rather than in a part-swap for Paul Parry with Cardiff, but as to the destination that seemingly changes by the hour.

Nothing too surprising I think which is the main thing that makes me think there might be some truth in it, although playing percentages it''s bound to get somewhere near the truth anyway! Anyhow, just thought I''d share.

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]Why is Whaley only 99% here? Was there a malfunction in the transporter room?
[/quote]

I heard from a mate who has a mate who works at Colney that they have just got to remove the beak and give it back to Capt. Canary and he''ll then be unveiled [:D]

[quote user="Sideshow Tim"]I''ve heard that Lady GaGa is a man![/quote]Not true.She''s a "hermaphrodite".

[quote user="John"][quote user="Sideshow Tim"]I''ve heard that Lady GaGa is a man![/quote]

Not true.

She''s a "hermaphrodite".
[/quote]

You should know John - coming from Brighton!![;)]

[quote user="Sideshow Tim"]

[quote user="John"][quote user="Sideshow Tim"]I''ve heard that Lady GaGa is a man![/quote]Not true.She''s a "hermaphrodite".[/quote]

[/quote]Oi![:@]What a cheap, below the belt, lousy, vile, dirty, rotten comme..........Then again i was probably asking for it. I mean afterall i am from ''Brighton''.[8-)][;)]

[quote user="John"][quote user="Sideshow Tim"]

[quote user="John"][quote user="Sideshow Tim"]I''ve heard that Lady GaGa is a man![/quote]

Not true.

She''s a "hermaphrodite".
[/quote]

[/quote]

Oi![:@]

What a cheap, below the belt, lousy, vile, dirty, rotten comme..........

Then again i was probably asking for it. I mean afterall i am from ''Brighton''.[8-)]

[;)]
[/quote]

[B]

[quote user="John"][quote user="Sideshow Tim"]I''ve heard that Lady GaGa is a man![/quote]Not true.She''s a "hermaphrodite".[/quote]Then she is not a she, she''s an it[;)]

[quote user="Delias Devonshire Dirtbox"]

[quote user="Sideshow Tim"]I''ve heard that Lady GaGa is a man![/quote]

She''s been bluffin with her muffin!

[/quote]I bet that''s not the only thing she''s been doing with it [:|]

We left out Whaley due to the speculation regarding moving to you. Yet McKenna played even though we have had official bids from Forest for him which we have turned down. So I think this suggests a deal is close for Whaley.

[quote user="norky84"]We left out Whaley due to the speculation regarding moving to you. Yet McKenna played even though we have had official bids from Forest for him which we have turned down. So I think this suggests a deal is close for Whaley.[/quote]

What can we expect from Whaley? Is he quick? Can he cross? Eye for goal?

Been a major disappointment to be honest. In the 3 or 4 years he''s been here I''d say for two months of that he has looked a player. At that time we thought he would be better then Nugent. Unfortunately he hasn''t produced the goods since, he even disappointed in a loan spell at Barnsley last season. He does have pace, but once he gets found out he has no other tricks. He has a fierce strike, but very wild. The number of times he has hit people high up the stand in shooting practise is unbelievable. A drop down the league ladder may do him the world of good. But if anyone does get physical with him and you won''t see him for the rest of the game.