Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Bridges would be a massive gamble!

[quote user="Canarydan82"]

fair point, but bridges has had far more success than Peter Thorne ever did though!

[/quote]

certainly played at a higher level, think Thorne will have a far greater scoring record than bridges though... :-)

I know what you mean.... Bridges will be a decent enough player but he should be the third choice... not a player to rely on week in week out.

fair point, but bridges has had far more success than Peter Thorne ever did though!

[/quote]

No he hasn''t Thorne did and has done well at every club other than us. Bridges showed a lot of promise but sadly never delivered on the promise he showed, he has also been injured throughout his career

fair enough you dis-agree with me, so if you know it all and you had to choose

Bridges or Thorne?

[/quote]

Yes i disagree! how has he achieved so much more success?

Why would i choose between these two?

well look who he has played for, for a start.

I meant if u had to choose to take one of the two strikers I named.

Do u thinks bridges would be a gamble

well look who he has played for, for a start.

I meant if u had to choose to take one of the two strikers I named.

Do u thinks bridges would be a gamble

[/quote]

Sunderland and Leeds (his first season there only any good), like i said he had a lot of promise but is injury plagued and his career has saly shown that.

I wouldn''t take either of them, and i don''t think Bridges is worth it. I would rather play it safe and get someone who isn''t so certain to pick up an injury

Give a contract to a player who''ll spend most of his time on the treatment table?

Don''t you worry, A Louis Jean is a near certainty!

I get fed up with all this talk about players who could "do a job" for us at this level. Yes Bridges could do a job, McVeigh could do a job, Lee could do a job.

I don''t want a side full of bit part players. What we need is a bit of genuine quality and potential. Freebies and older pros will only get you so far. What we want is someone with that X-factor and you have to pay for that. It is this clubs seeming inabilty or unwillingness to do this that is starting to worry me

The odds would on Bridges being the white Carl Cort - An injury riddled has been whose fitness levels wouldn''t be good enough!

Although how some posters on here run Alan Lee down to the hilt, it seems they''d rather have Bridges than Alan Lee who I think would do a good job for us in League 1!