Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Saints sack manager!

[quote user="Superflash"]I say good on Wotte for choosing to try and stay on and get the poorly run club out of the mess it was in. Say what you will about Delia, but Southampton was ran by an even worse bunch of muppets and that''s what contributed to their downfall.

And for those saying Southampton will be better than us next year, do me a favour and put a sock in it. They''ve already lost some of their best players and will still struggle to bring people in. You have no idea who the new manager is going to be either. If it is Keegan as was rumoured a while ago then we''ll still be ahead of them. Southampton in recent years have been complete garbage and it''s a pity because their fans are a passionate and commited bunch.

Gunn could easily be given his marching orders if a new consortium/owner came in. But at least like Wotte he had the guts to take the job on. Southampton at this rate will be lucky to finish anywhere close to the top half of the table and already our squad looks better on paper than their own.

[/quote]

and the difference between us and Southampton is???

I really can''t see any apart from they have eradicated their problem, while the main problem at NCFC continues to exist and drage everybody else down with her... [:$]

[quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"]Could somebody please explain to me why the mess NCFC is in, is the fault of Bryan Gunn? Did I miss something? He failed to save a sunk ship.

Tell you what 1st Wizard i''ll take you out into the middle of the north sea in a rotten useless boat then fire loads of holes into the hull with my shot gun and give you a teaspoon to bail the water out with. When the boat sinks you will be mocked and ridiculed for your inept performance.

You are a moron, please go away!

[/quote]

What a load of rubbish.

Never in the bottom 3 after Roeder had got us out of the mess that Grant landed us in.

Gunny had 19 games in charge, duly took us there very quickly and could not get us out. 

[quote user="Carlos Valderrama"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]Liebherr is the kind of owner we would have loved.

I''m not saying that admin is the way to go, but in a couple of year what was poor, close to extinction Southampton will be a league ahead of us.
[/quote]

Exactly Bump, and I do advocate admin as you know.

[/quote]

But you continually avoid the difficult questions.  What about all the local businesses that fold as a result, the families that lose their homes, the people that lose their jobs and can no longer afford to pay their mortgage as a result.  Or are a few meaningless footballers and a few seasons dodging relegation in the top flight more important!!!

I personally have morals and standards.  I want to win and want to achieve but I want to do it without cheating anyone.  And for me, administration as a result of spending above your means is cheating....

Come on Wiz, whats your opinion.....

[/quote]

What about the poor sods who have already lost their jobs due to NCFC''s and Delia Smith''s failure?

NCFC are not a charity there to support local businesses, they are a football club.

You keep selling this black fairytale of what administration would do for Norwich City FC.  Maybe just maybe many of NCFC''s suppliers could come out of it a whole lot stronger?

These things happen in life, it is survival of the fittest, always has been and always will be.

[quote user="Smudger"]

NCFC are not a charity there to support local businesses

[/quote]Which was presumably their line of thinking when they told you to do one after you tried to get your grubby fingers into their printing pie...

[quote user="Carlos Valderrama"]

Thats complete crap.  I am not standing on the moral high ground, I am more that aware that redundancy etc is a fact of life.  Job cuts were inevitable when we got relegated.  What is happening at the club now with regard to job loss etc. is only affecting a few.  If the club were to go into administration then it would be much much worse.  People would lose their homes.

I love your flip flop response though,  ''Its a tough world'', is that honestly the best you could come up with.  I agree its a tough world.  New wealthy owners yes please.  At the expense of administration and all that brings, no thanks.....

[/quote]

What a load of emotional codswallop.

The only people that would be in danger of losing their homes would be those with serious cash tied up in NCFC or contracts involving NCFC... 

GET REAL!!!

The far more likely scenario is that the club would be taken over and most of if not all of it''s existing contracts would remain in place.

Yes a few may fall by the wayside, but is that not happening with the cost cutting that has been going on around Carrow Road since relegation anyway?

[quote user="JuanVelasco"]

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]And if we had new owners i would expect Gunn to be given his marching orders , biggest joke of a manager this club has ever had .
[/quote]

Can I ask you one question Loan City?

If Gunn was to build a squad of permanent players, who played with passion and for the shirt, using a sustainable budget and which managed a top six finish next season (considering that Southampton, Leeds Utd, MK Dons, Charlton and Huddersfield are likely to make up the other five).

Would you put your hands up and admit that Gunn is not a bad manager? Yes or No question. Your constant critiscm of Gunn could end up being entirely right, or entirely wrong, and you will undoubtedly be saying "I told you so" if it all goes wrong.  But if it all goes pretty well, are you at least willing in May 2010, to come on here and admit that you were wrong about Gunn?

I suspect that you wouldn''t to be honest.

[/quote]

I would, but it ain''t going to happen (as things stand) so don''t even try and get your hopes up JUAN... [;)]

building a new ground caused southampton to go into debt.

now look at them a billionare owner and a new ground they have come up smelling of roses really !!!

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Carlos Valderrama"]

Thats complete crap.  I am not standing on the moral high ground, I am more that aware that redundancy etc is a fact of life.  Job cuts were inevitable when we got relegated.  What is happening at the club now with regard to job loss etc. is only affecting a few.  If the club were to go into administration then it would be much much worse.  People would lose their homes.

I love your flip flop response though,  ''Its a tough world'', is that honestly the best you could come up with.  I agree its a tough world.  New wealthy owners yes please.  At the expense of administration and all that brings, no thanks.....

[/quote]

What a load of emotional codswallop.

The only people that would be in danger of losing their homes would be those with serious cash tied up in NCFC or contracts involving NCFC... 

GET REAL!!!

The far more likely scenario is that the club would be taken over and most of if not all of it''s existing contracts would remain in place.

Yes a few may fall by the wayside, but is that not happening with the cost cutting that has been going on around Carrow Road since relegation anyway?

[/quote]

Exactly! nail on head............again.

You don''t need me on here, Smudger says it far better then I ever could!

[quote user="Carlos Valderrama"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Carlos Valderrama"]

[/quote]

Whereas I would say yes please, and if there''s casulties, and there will be, tough!

If Smith isn''t stopped, league 2 beckons..........and yet more redundacies,

[/quote]

You complete t0ss3r.  Tough luck to all the creditors who are gonna walk away with nothing and lose everything, and all because a football team has been over ambitious trying to reach the prem so they can successfully avoid relegation season after season.  This isn''t about the odd ticket office worker or groundsman, this is about the numerous companies that are owed money, rely on the club for business.  You have obviously never seen the effects of bankruptcy first hand, the look on a persons face when the creditors turn up and take the house away.  Its not nice, not nice at all.  Like I said before, is it worth it for the sake of a few footballers and some unachievable goals.

I want us to achieve the same end goal as you.  I want to do it by getting the academy system back up and producing good young talent like it has in the past.  I want the scouting system to be better so the Michael Kightly''s, Jason Scotlands and Brede Hangelands of this world end up at our club.

[/quote]

You really do live in a fairytale world don''t you???

Name some of these numerous companies that are owed excessive amounts by NCFC.

Apart from the builders of the Jarrold Stand and Corner infill (who have been paid by the banks already anyhow) I didn''t think that NCFC owed much money out?  Because as we all know we are a very tightly budgeted well run ship... [:$]

Let us have some facts of businesses who may be threatened with going to the wall if NCFC enter administration.

You don''t have any do you???

[quote user="*Superflash*"]I say good on Wotte for choosing to try and stay on and get the poorly run club out of the mess it was in. Say what you will about Delia, but Southampton was ran by an even worse bunch of muppets and that''s what contributed to their downfall.

And for those saying Southampton will be better than us next year, do me a favour and put a sock in it. They''ve already lost some of their best players and will still struggle to bring people in. You have no idea who the new manager is going to be either. If it is Keegan as was rumoured a while ago then we''ll still be ahead of them. Southampton in recent years have been complete garbage and it''s a pity because their fans are a passionate and commited bunch.

Gunn could easily be given his marching orders if a new consortium/owner came in. But at least like Wotte he had the guts to take the job on. Southampton at this rate will be lucky to finish anywhere close to the top half of the table and already our squad looks better on paper than their own.

I do fear you will be eating your words next season or 2 seasons time if we still have Delia & MWJ in charge here.

Yes Southampton have lost there better players - but look at the money they got for them - have we got anyone in our squad worth the transfer fees they recieved (even before they have recieved there new cash injection). I also think you should wait and see if we still have Clingan and Hoolihan at the start of the season before you start making statements like that.

Interesting that you think they will struggle to bring people in - why is that ? Footballers are a bunch of mercenaries so will go where they can get paid the most. I also wouldn''t mind having a small wager with you that they will be getting a half decent manager in aswell, some one with that amount of money isn''t going to invest significant amounts of his £2bn plus personal fortune unless he believes in puts someone in charge of the team that can deliver success for them.

I am fed up with people saying at least Gunn / Wotte had the guts to take managers jobs on when the team was in the mire - absolute rubbish. If someone offered you or me or anyone the NCFC Manager job, most people would give it a go - doesn''t mean we would be any good and more importantly certainly doesn ''t mean we should have been offered the job in the first place.

You say Southampton have been garbage the last few years - you obviously haven''t been down to Carrow Road much then have you....as stated above if Delia and MWJ are still in charge in a couple of years I would wager a significant amount of money they will be in a better position than NCFC.

The question for me is bearing in mind we are supposedly looking for investment, I wonder whether we were talking to this guy ?? IF NOT WHY THE HELL NOT...

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

Which was presumably their line of thinking when they told you to do one after you tried to get your grubby fingers into their printing pie...

[/quote]

Maybe so...

Would I be sat here complaining if the club went in to administration after lining my pockets for several years though???

Any business that is soley reliant upon it''s contract with NCFC to stay afloat deserves to go to the wall in my opinion.

Like I have said before NCFC is not a charity and it is about time small minded individuals like you stopped treating it like one by putting out scaremongering stories.

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

Which was presumably their line of thinking when they told you to do one after you tried to get your grubby fingers into their printing pie...

[/quote]

Maybe so...

Would I be sat here complaining if the club went in to administration after lining my pockets for several years though???

Any business that is soley reliant upon it''s contract with NCFC to stay afloat deserves to go to the wall in my opinion.

Like I have said before NCFC is not a charity and it is about time small minded individuals like you stopped treating it like one by putting out scaremongering stories.

Maybe you should have a chat with a few of the creditors affected by Ipswich and Leeds when they went down.  Survival of the fittest my arse, its football for gods sake, there are so many things far more important.  Administration might solve a few problems for sure, but its a crappy way to go about things.  Thats my point.

I will say though, that unlike Wizard you have at least bothered to explain why you think the way you do.  I may agree with almost none of it but isnt that the beauty of debate.

As I have said before.  I agree that we need a change at the very top.  The new board is a promising start IMO.  McNally is a real coup that has impressed me a bit, finally we have a proper football man running the club.  I am now just interested to see if Delia and crew can bring in new investment, or find new ways of financing the rebuild.  Just not at the expense of debt and risk of administration.

[quote user="Carlos Valderrama"]but isnt that the beauty of debate.

[/quote]

What like calling a replier to your question......You complete Tosser?[:|]

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Carlos Valderrama"]but isnt that the beauty of debate.

[/quote]

[/quote]

I thought it was a pretty fair assessment considering your reply to the question.  And their was me thinking you had thicker skin than that.....

[quote user="Carlos Valderrama"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Carlos Valderrama"]but isnt that the beauty of debate.

[/quote]

[/quote]

I thought it was a pretty fair assessment considering your reply to the question.  And their was me thinking you had thicker skin than that.....

[/quote]

Lol nice one Carlos

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Herb"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Maybe so...

[/quote]

hahahahahahahahhahaha............oh.....uh...uh...........hahahahhhahahahahaha......pshw ah......ouh..ah uh ooh it hurts........fnar,  oh quote of the year, can''t believe you of all people have had a go at someone for "scaremongering" about City.

Thanks for that, made my day.[:$]

[quote user="Carlos Valderrama"]  And their was me thinking you had thicker skin than that.....[/quote]

Normally thats very true...........I must try harder!.

Maybe you should have a chat with a few of the creditors affected by Ipswich and Leeds when they went down.  Survival of the fittest my arse, its football for gods sake, there are so many things far more important.  Administration might solve a few problems for sure, but its a crappy way to go about things.  Thats my point.

I will say though, that unlike Wizard you have at least bothered to explain why you think the way you do.  I may agree with almost none of it but isnt that the beauty of debate.

As I have said before.  I agree that we need a change at the very top.  The new board is a promising start IMO.  McNally is a real coup that has impressed me a bit, finally we have a proper football man running the club.  I am now just interested to see if Delia and crew can bring in new investment, or find new ways of financing the rebuild.  Just not at the expense of debt and risk of administration.

[/quote]

Like who Carlos?

Could I have some names of companies who went to the wall when Leeds and Ipswich went in to administration please?

How many companies went to the wall through Leeds and Ipswich going in to administration? 

Why did these companies go to the wall?  If they were a company that was soley reliant upon just one major client then were they not just waiting for the inevitable to happen?

Like I said, survival of the fittest!

Smudge, let me spell it out for you Billy Blue Hat stylee. 

When a company goes into administration with debts of £35m other companies are affected in a big way.  It is an inevitable fact.

A company doesnt have to be reliant on one customer to get into trouble.  If one customer doesnt pay a bill then you have a shortage of cash.  Your supplier then chases you so you pay him with your own money or you dont.  Either way you or your supplier has a cash flow issue.  Do I need to go on or do you need it explaining further.  And there was me thinking you ran your own business.

Oh, and the name of one organisation affected by Ipswich going into administration.  St Johns Ambulance....

Article from the Independant...

''The job of Nick Dargan, of Deloitte and Touche, who was also the administrator of ITV Digital, is to agree a Company Voluntary Arrangement with the club''s creditors. Bluntly, they will be asked to accept less than what they are owed – 10p in the pound has been the norm at the 13 other football clubs in administration in the last year, with, perhaps, the promise of more if the club is promoted. As ever, the ordinary local businesses, suppliers and public services will be the ones left unpaid. St John Ambulance confirmed this week that they are a creditor. The players and other clubs are protected and must be paid in full if Ipswich are to remain in the Football League. Sheepshanks said this week he "felt the pain" of the creditors and that it was "very sad".''

When a company goes into administration with debts of £35m other companies are affected in a big way.  It is an inevitable fact.

A company doesnt have to be reliant on one customer to get into trouble.  If one customer doesnt pay a bill then you have a shortage of cash.  Your supplier then chases you so you pay him with your own money or you dont.  Either way you or your supplier has a cash flow issue.  Do I need to go on or do you need it explaining further.  And there was me thinking you ran your own business.

Oh, and the name of one organisation affected by Ipswich going into administration.  St Johns Ambulance....

''The job of Nick Dargan, of Deloitte and Touche, who was also the administrator of ITV Digital, is to agree a Company Voluntary Arrangement with the club''s creditors. Bluntly, they will be asked to accept less than what they are owed – 10p in the pound has been the norm at the 13 other football clubs in administration in the last year, with, perhaps, the promise of more if the club is promoted. As ever, the ordinary local businesses, suppliers and public services will be the ones left unpaid. St John Ambulance confirmed this week that they are a creditor. The players and other clubs are protected and must be paid in full if Ipswich are to remain in the Football League. Sheepshanks said this week he "felt the pain" of the creditors and that it was "very sad".''

[/quote]

Ahh St Johns Ambulance... are they not a charity anyhow?

Is that the best that yourself and Deloitte and Touche can come up with?

Oh dear... I would say that more people have been effected by NCFC''s relegation to Div 3 than were effected by Ipswich going into administration if that is the best that you guys can come up with.

[/quote]

[/quote]I''ve tried to get my head round this but someone is going to have to explain it to me. How does the St John Ambulance being a charity mean it doesn''t matter if it gets screwed financially by a football club going into administration?

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Carlos Valderrama"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I''ve tried to get my head round this but someone is going to have to explain it to me. How does the St John Ambulance being a charity mean it doesn''t matter if it gets screwed financially by a football club going into administration?[/quote]

PC, I think you''re being a little harsh. One of the few claims that Smudger has not made is that he is an intellectual giant. 

[/quote]

Oh dear... I would say that more people have been effected by NCFC''s relegation to Div 3 than were effected by Ipswich going into administration if that is the best that you guys can come up with.

[/quote]

Are you being deliberately stupid or just awkward.  I am not scare mongering I am merely stating that I think Administration is a crappy way out of self inflicted debt problems.  You are just being an arse trying to imply that no one gets affected along the way.

And for stitching up a charity organisation is far worse than stitching up a normal company.

[/quote]You are missing the key word in this quote mate. Sheepshanks! Administration is supposed to be a way to get rid of Delia and Micheal, Sheepshanks was still there last year. SIX years after they went into administration!  Ken Bates is still at Leeds afteer taking them into adminsitration 2 years ago.

Exactly right, 7rew.I''ve been trying to make that point for years, whenever this "best way to get rid of them" argument comes up. Still some like to ignore reality!

The other pro-administration "argument" is that no club has ever gone out of existence. Probably true enough, but in today''s economic climate the chances of that happening are greater than before.The following excerpt from an interview with the Southampton administrator (someone in a profession not known for its hyperbolic scaremongering) is worth posting:

Q. Was the club ever seriously close to folding? THERE were a number

of occasions when it was exceptionally close to folding and we were always

running different contingency plans, none of which were very attractive.

Q. Was there any time you lost hope? YES, there was a time when I

felt liquidation was almost inevitable and we were almost back to where we

started. We did have those dark moments.

The administrator also makes it clear that the whole process was a nightmare (Q. You chose Pinnacle. How was that decision made?

IT WAS one of

desperation.) and that they could easily have missed out on Liebherr, always assuming Liebherr turns out to be a good owner.

Ugh. Try again.The other pro-administration "argument" is that no club has ever gone

out of existence. Probably true enough, but in today''s economic climate

the chances of that happening are greater than before.The

following excerpt from an interview with the Southampton administrator

(someone in a profession not known for its hyperbolic scaremongering)

is worth posting:

Q. Was the club ever seriously close to folding? THERE were a number

of occasions when it was exceptionally close to folding and we were always

running different contingency plans, none of which were very attractive.

Q. Was there any time you lost hope? YES, there was a time when I

felt liquidation was almost inevitable and we were almost back to where we

started. We did have those dark moments.

The administrator also makes it clear that the whole process was a nightmare (Q. You chose Pinnacle. How was that decision made? 

IT WAS one of

desperation.) and that they could easily have missed out on Liebherr, always assuming Liebherr turns out to be a good owner.

[quote user="Carlos Valderrama"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Carlos Valderrama"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Are you being deliberately stupid or just awkward.  I am not scare mongering I am merely stating that I think Administration is a crappy way out of self inflicted debt problems.  You are just being an arse trying to imply that no one gets affected along the way.

And for stitching up a charity organisation is far worse than stitching up a normal company.

[/quote]

Ahh Carlos, at least you seem to realise that I am playing Devils Advocate with you?

It is also noticeable how your good friends LQ, Purple Canary, 7rew and Deloitte and Touche are still not able to come up with any other names (apart from St Johns Ambulance) for businesses/organisations that have been seriously effected by a football club going in to administration.

Maybe you could give Leicester City a look for some examples?  

I think that we now have some diversionary tactics from 7rew, so I have a questio n for him... whose shoes would he rather be in right now... Norwich City''s, Leeds Utd''s or Ipswich Town''s?