Sign in to follow this  
Pinks

Your gonna hate this one

This is my first ever rumour post.

I''ve just been told by a personal acquaintance of Jamie Scowcroft that representatives of Norwich and Leyton Orient are meeting him in London today.

Apparently, the other sign looking for his signature are MK Dons.

He had been holding out for a Championship club but no takers.

He is currently training with Walsham Le Willows of the Rigeons league.

Muffled gunshot.

Slump

[quote user="WEEN_NASTY"]

I''ve just been told by a personal acquaintance of Jamie Scowcroft that representatives of Norwich and Leyton Orient are meeting him in London today.

Muffled gunshot.

Slump

[/quote]

Meant club

muffled gunshot! haha that made me laugh! Well... Let''s look at it positively... at least Gunn is looking at a lot of options. TBH... the way i look at it is this pre season is like no other as there are so many players out of contract for some reason and it makes sense to have a go at grabbing the best of the freebies we can and then spend on where we are still weak. Scowcroft won''t be a popular choice and i don''t think he is the answer... however i won''t care who he has played for if he came here and helped get Norwich promoted.

Could be quite a useful player at League 1 level and although he is obviously ex sc*m I have been told he is actually a Norwich fan and he''s also been spotted at our games quite regularly. I know we were close to signing him last season.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]Could be quite a useful player at League 1 level and although he is obviously ex sc*m I have been told he is actually a Norwich fan and he''s also been spotted at our games quite regularly. I know we were close to signing him last season.[/quote] Dont do it. this guy scores even less than Lee.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]Could be quite a useful player at League 1 level and although he is obviously ex sc*m I have been told he is actually a Norwich fan and he''s also been spotted at our games quite regularly. I know we were close to signing him last season.[/quote]

A Norwich fan? I don''t think so, in fact I heard he is very anti Norwich & will not consider a move here!

Despite my piss take of a post... seriously he doesn''t score enough goals for my liking.

I''d take him. Big man, played at a high level and can even operate in midfield (which is why his goals per games record is as unimpressive as it is). Chris Sutton only a bit more rubbish.

"Chris Sutton only a bit more rubbish."Scribbles notes for next weeks forum awards.....

[quote user="Canary02 III"]I''d take him. Big man, played at a high level and can even operate in midfield (which is why his goals per games record is as unimpressive as it is). Chris Sutton only a bit more rubbish.[/quote]

OK...

A) Why would norwich go to london to meet him, when he''s currently in walsham-le-willows training (just outside bury st edmunds, his home town)?

B) He does hate norwich (he supports ipswich), as i used to work in a bury st ed''s pub/restaurant and he used to bring signed shirts etc for the owner and the both used to rip me hard for supporting norwich.

C) He''s cr*p

[quote user="nu_matik"]OK... A) Why would norwich go to london to meet him, when he''s currently in walsham-le-willows training (just outside bury st edmunds, his home town)? B) He does hate norwich (he supports ipswich), as i used to work in a bury st ed''s pub/restaurant and he used to bring signed shirts etc for the owner and the both used to rip me hard for supporting norwich. C) He''s cr*p[/quote]

Fair enough i stand corrected on the supporting Norwich bit but he was definitely in the Jarrold Stand watching a few of our games last season.

Its cool mate, i guess he just enjoys football, and lives fairly close. He probs got invited over to be wined and dined etc..which i woudlnt be turning down tbh...

I know he is good muckers with Darren Eadie. Maybe that''s why he comes to city games.

As for the London meeting thing, don''t ask me "it''s just what I was told".

I really don''t think he would let his supporting Ipswich stand in the way of earning living.

I know he used to live in Stanton, just outside Bury St Edmunds...hence the Walsham connection. Don''t know where he is located now.

This information came from someone who sees Scowcroft on a weekly basis, he was told this by him the other day.

[quote user="Lewie McDonald I''m lovin it!"]Hmm do players usually tell friends of clubs they are going to/might join

Yes, apparently they do. Do you think that they have any reason not to? They don''t have the same agenda as our club in keeping their business close to their chest.

We shall see.

Would much, much, much rather have Michael Bridges than him. For me:Paul Parry > Liam Dickinson > Alan Lee > Michael Bridges > > > > > > > > James Scowcroft

I know he is good muckers with Darren Eadie. Maybe that''s why he comes to city games.

I really don''t think he would let his supporting Ipswich stand in the way of earning living.

I know he used to live in Stanton, just outside Bury St Edmunds...hence the Walsham connection. Don''t know where he is located now.

This information came from someone who sees Scowcroft on a weekly basis, he was told this by him the other day.

[/quote]

thanks for the tip off - seems very geniune which is a shock for some that post on here!!

[/quote]

thanks for the tip off - seems very geniune which is a shock for some that post on here!!

No chance , not even Gunn would sign Scowcroft , if he does i hope we hear Gunn out ringing round Carrow Road from day one and not have to wait untill 10 games in .

[quote user="glove1"][quote user="WEEN_NASTY"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Thanks, what a nice chap. I''ll keep you posted.

We''ve been linked with him before, Janurary I think it was?

I wouldn''t bother with him. Painfully average and even if he did do ok initially he''d only leave in Janurary when a bottom of the table Champioship team come calling.

Update for you.

Scowcroft didn''t attend Walsham training last night. Apparently in London sorting out business.

This is from a separate source.

So the London thing is correct.

[quote user="paul ncfc"]Has signed a one year deal with Orient.[/quote]Just saw that on sky sports news. Had a little chuckle and a sigh of relief.

Muffled gunshot.

Slump

[/quote]

Well looky looky

http://www.leytonorient.com/page/NewsDetail/0,,10439~1727741,00.html

Look who''s signed for Orient. I am ready to be proclaimed the champion rumourmiester.

Looks like Norwich did go talk to him then as my source said.