Sign in to follow this  
Never  Blue

Released prem youngsters!!

Arsenal have today released 8 of their reserve/youth team players...

Anton Blackwood - Defence

Vincent van den Berg - Midfield

Rene Steer - Left Back

Paul Rodgers - Defence

Rui Fonte - Striker

Abu Ogogo - Defence (joined dagenham and redbridge today)

James Dunne - ??

Amaury Bischoff - Midfield

These are just a few of the quality youngsters that are unwanted by prem clubs this summer. I know that some would not be willing to drop to league 1 but some definatly would, as Ogogo proved. If we are actually re-building our squad then looking at these sort of players must be top of the agenda. Yes we need experience but youth is also vital in terms of going forward financially. If we are getting young players on frees and they impress we then have a saleable asset. ( and NO I dont want us to return to the days of us being a selling club but we need to have the options) Look a the Leicester squad this season, it was made up of mainly good young players that they picked up for next to nothing mixed in with experienced players, those players are now in the championship and worth a few quid. I just hope that Mr. Gunn has already had a look at the availability of some of these exellent young players ( not just the ones I have mentioned) and is taking action.

Thanks for listening...i''ll shut up now Zip it! [:#]

Good call, although Bischoff and Fonte would go to bigger clubs. There has been good players who have been released, gone down the league and come back better.

I am pretty sure that Team Gunn are aware of every single player that is currently available.....

emotion even! yeah it happens all the time, and it would be nice if we could provide them with the chance, benifitting both of us!

[quote user="ACE"]I am pretty sure that Team Gunn are aware of every single player that is currently available.....[/quote]

Obviously all those players mentioned are on holiday at present.....

This is another good reason why its a great idea to have so many pre-season games.

I am sure we will see a few players in on trials at the various games trying to win a contarct.