Sign in to follow this  
AndyJR

Of course could be a load of squit but what do we all think...............

Ramballs

The mutterings of a Derby County fan

Canaries are after Dicko

leave a comment »

Ramballs understands

that Norwich City are chasing Derby county striker Liam Dickinson. The

recently relegated canaries are said to be preparing a bid of around

£500,000 for the striker who has yet to feature for the rams although

Blackpool are also said to be in the chase.

liamdickinson

Dickinson, 23, has failed to make an impact since joining Derby

County from a year ago. Last season saw the 6′4″ striker loaned out to

Leeds, Hudderfield and Blackpool as the rams looked to give Liam some

first team experience. Blackpool are said to be in the hunt for the

striker after he scored 4 goals in 5 starts and 2 substitute

appearances while at Bloomfield Road.

Written by martinb1884

June 30, 2009 at 10:12 am

Posted in Uncategorized

I want Lee at the club, like most, but paying a price anywhere near 600k for him i''m afraid is utterly excessive, and in itself would concern Lee, an ageing and hardly prolific striker, having his desires fulfilled above the greater good of the club, and it''s continued financial stability and existence.250k Is the very maximum a transfer involving him can demand, otherwise it''s unfortunately time we searched for other prospects.Considering the age, record, and height of Liam Dickinson as a striker he''s not entirely ideal, but would undoubtedly prove of value to us if we bring him in.However the quoted price of 500k is not a reasonable one, so i can''t find myself approving of it.

600k for Lee is definitely too much.  I''ve got the feeling that, now Doncaster has left, the days of us paying way over the top for players and then giving them ridiculous wages and soft get out clauses has gone.McNally seems to know his stuff and won''t be held to ransom....or so I hope.

I would say that 500k is very reasonable for a yong player in the mould of what we need!! especially if you''re comparing it to 250k for alan lee!!

I would have ''Dicko'' over Lee if they were the same price. If we could get Lee for 200k and Dicko on a season loan with a view to buy for 500k, I would be happy.

[quote user="Bite The Dog"]I would say that 500k is very reasonable for a yong player in the mould of what we need!! especially if you''re comparing it to 250k for alan lee!![/quote]Thats quite selective of you sir, i did say "maximum" (i.e. when we''re desperate, and there really are no other sufficient options).And on whether Dickinson really is worth a 500k offer from us, i dispute that his record in football among the other aspects of his game are worthy of his quoted value. Aged 23 yes, he is quite young, although he''s played long enough at the professional level of football to of shown what he''s capable of, and when it comes down to it, he''s shown to of been no better than a League One striker if we''re being completely honest, and at this moment in time i don''t think we''re financially capable, nor do i think some of that standard is worthy of half a million.