Sign in to follow this  
Being Jan Kristiansen...

Happy About Palace Result?

couldn''t agree more yellow

there is no need to panic about what another team does, palace looked okay last night, but no better than us, remember they haven''t played the same fixtures as us (no man u, newcastle, etc) also the same applies to wba

the one main cause of concern for me is that we are still not addressing the real problem we have and that is controlling midfield - i don''t for one minute say that safri is the world''s best, but i would like to see the guy have an extended run in the team - why on earth was he bought in the first place?  Same goes for helveg and jonson....

if we are still posting this message after xmas (and the transfer window) then yes, we might have to be a bit more worried, but hopefully worthy and co will soon  get to grips with the way we have to play in this division sooner than that

on the brighter side yellow, hucks and mckenzie looked good on saturday, with a more fluid midfield there would have been more chances still

Yeah well put yellow.  No disrespect to Palace but I''m sure they''ll still be around the bottom 3 come the end of the season.  The more clubs (Saints, Pompey, Blackburn, Fulham etc) who can drop points as well can only be a good thing for us

I wasn''t exactly happy with the results of WBA & Palace, but at least it now shows that the promoted clubs can hold their own in the prem.

It is better that there are only a few points between us all at the bottom so we don''t have too much ground to catch up on, but the pressure is now on us to get that first win, let''s hope that it doesn''t become a millstone around our necks.

Let''s remember though, apart from Arsenal & Liverpool, we haven''t been played off the park for a whole 90 minutes, if Lady Luck had been on our side we would had our 1st win by now. (Anyone know if the crossbar has stopped shaking yet from Saturday?).

I''ve said it before, but we need to be sharper in front of goal, I will take a whole season of tap-ins rather than the odd Bentley 25-yarder.

OTBC

Helveg and Jonson are not playing all the time because they haven''t played aswell as Edworthy or McVeigh, when given their chance and they will get others.

Safri isn''t playing because Francis has been our best player this season up until the last two matches, and Holty is our only player who can play as a ballwinning defensive midfielder. Something we will need against the superior teams we''re playing this year.