Sign in to follow this  
Mook

Hooray!!

This message board was getting a bit dull without the boo boys - welcome back y''all, until next we go on an unbeaten run and you all disappear again....

I agree, Nigle Worthington has just got us on a seven game unbeaten streak, then we lose to West Brom, away from home.

1. West Brom a fav. for promotion
2. Away form home, and our away form isen''t too good.

Think positive, think that we could have had a point, against one of the best teams in the division.

We''ll keep the green flag flying high!

They''re not boo-boys, they just can''t understand the logic of effectively dropping two of our best players following a game at West Ham in which they both played well. There has been a lot of deserved praise on this board for Worthy recently, so when he gets it wrong - which surely no-one can dispute - he has to expect some criticism.

We WERE negative on Saturday, until we went a goal down, and in the second half we proved what we culd have achieved with as more positive outlook from the start.

I don''t think that''s being a boo-boy, I''d call it constructive criticism.

Mook I seem to agree with you on a number of Issues. Instead of the boo boys having a go at the players I suggest Captain Canary must go. The reason is that I did not see him at West Ham but what did the away support think of the half time cheer leaders. Bury Belvoir noticed them and wanted to know who the gorgeous girls were. Baby Belvoir advises that they are called the Hammerettes and voted the best cheerleaders in the country-I can see why. Can''t we replace CC with some of our own - the Canary Birds would seem appropriate. C''mon you City girls form a group and spice up half time. I suppose Doomcaster will say no because it will discourage people from leaving their seats and spending money in the bars. I am sure Bury Belvoir and Bury Yellow will volunteer their time free of charge to carry out interviews. The result of the half time parade at West Ham resulted in the best singing away from home and after the match that I have heard this season.

You''re quite correct Swiss, But does anyone out there really believe that you get out of this awful division, whilst mustering only 1 half hit shot in 93 minutes, away from home. Get real, and don''t forget the last 3 games have produced just 2 points, abeit againts the 3 top teams in the division, however thats the difference between sides who have a real desire for the Premership, they go for wins, home or way from the kick off, NW tacticts won''t allow for this.

I know what you''re saying re constructive criticism but people make mistakes. Even Alex Ferguson, Cappello, Wenger et al make bad decisions. Ok, so Worthy made a bad choice of players, but remember he does have to keep people happy by giving them games, and he did what he felt was right.

why does he have to keep players happy by giving them a game.Don''t you think that the thousands Iwan earns every week is enough to keep him happy.We should be playing our best team every week not worrying about keeping people happy.Worthy has a lack of ambition and made a terrible mistake in team selection against WBA which cost us 3 points.He is totally to blame!!!!

I know he made a mistake, that''s what I''m saying. But he tried to pick the right team for the occassion, and therefore it was an honest error which all managers make. He (and we) will bounce back from it and don''t need crucifying for it.

And yes we do have to keep players happy, if you are performing well in training and are a positive influence on the pitch. Nigel needs to remind those on the fringe of the team that they will be in for a start if they show determination and desire, and that is what he did. If you know you''re always going to be at home listening to the radio on a sat afternoon you''re not going to bring a good team spirit to training or to the pitch.

Well said Diane.
Why on earth a little constructive critcism is contiually panned on this board is remarkable. Worthy got it wrong as he has got most away game tactics wrong. What is inexcusable is that since the three loan players have arrived and when he has decided to field a positive team we have looked a class act.
We all want NCFC success, very few contributors to this board moan for the sake of moaning. I find most comments are well made interesting points, even if I don''t agree with them.
Whilst writing - Well done Worthy with your rant about the Boothroyd incident. This board needs a constant kick to keep them ''on side'' or is the infamous Doomcaster weaving too much control?

Nobody should be crucified for one mistake, we all make them after all.

The problem with Saturday is that it wasnt a one off. It was part of a negative pattern which has been repeated time after time since Worthington took over. I''m not saying he''s achieved nothing - you dont get this far into the season with a 100% home record without doing some things right but its not going to count for anything unless we improve our away record.

It must be getting close to three years now since Worthington took over and I dont think its at all unfair to say that our away record has been fairly consistently poor throughout that time. Its not to do with the ability of the players, its not to do with the effort they put in, its the instructions they''re sent out with that are costing us points game after game.

Sorry Mook but he didnt pick the right team for the occasion.Crouch played his best game for us at West Ham(well I thought so anyway) and he didnt deserve to be sitting on the bench.Why change the team from West Ham ,other than for injuries of course, when they battled so hard and played with so much passion and pride.
To your next point are you saying that if Iwan isnt picked and has to stay at home and listen on the radio that he will sulk on a Monday morning and affect team spirit? I honestly believe that Iwan has had his day but that said you could never question his proffessionlism,motivation or leadership skills.Whether he is selected or not Iwan will always hold his head up high and still be a big influence in training sessions and the kids will always look up to him for guidance.
Yes Mook, Worthy made a big mistake,but what was even worse he couldn''t admit it in his interview with Roy afterwards.He said in hindsight he''d play the same team again!.Lets just hope those 3 points don''t cost us a top 6 place.
Thanks Bury Belvoir for your agreement.As you say we all love this club and just want it to be successfull.

Mook, come clean on the board and admit you are related to Worthy in some way. All this talk about tried to pick the right team for the opposition; if that was the case then Crouch and McVeigh would have been on from the start. They were determined and had the desire against West Ham and they were rewarded with a place on the bench. Name me any other manager in the top half of the first division who would drop to the bench 2 of their best players for an important and difficult away game.

Determination and desire probably apply to Jarvis, Henderson, Sinclair and Shackell, but you do not see them in the team. These youngsters are the players you should be keeping happy as they are the future of this club. Shackell could replace Mackay, Sinclair could replace Holt or Mulryne, and either Jarvis or Henderson could replace Rivers. These are the sort of changes we should be making if we are to progress. The only relief on Saturday is that Worthy didn''t bring in Easton on the left to keep the shape of the team.

I hope you are right and he learns from his mistake and we don''t see another tactical error like that again this season.

i would have to agree with you lord voldermort lets look at a few things
1. we have no money
2. we have a small squad
3. we have a great management team
4. great supporters home and away
5. the best directors for a long time
6. 7 in division one
but we still have people moaning about the position we are in,ok we have not played very well but the results are going our way.come on stop your moaning and give them 100% of our support.