Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Aviva announce new sponsorship extension

Norwich City are today delighted to confirm Aviva have extended their deal as main club sponsor for a further year.

The extension was confirmed at the Royal Norfolk Show today and will see the global insurance giants'' partnership with the club continue until the end of the 2011-12 season.

http://www.edp24.co.uk/content/edp24/sport/story.aspx?brand=EDPOnline&category=Sport&tBrand=EDPOnline&tCategory=xDefault&itemid=NOED01%20Jul%202009%2014%3A35%3A48%3A407

I want to say a rude word that follows the words "bunch of..."

[quote user="ACE"]I want to say a rude word that follows the words "bunch of..."[/quote]Lol same.

Pete - you could have killed this circus an hour or so ago or at least slowed it down.

Bit irresponsible of you, personally.

Pete loves it - he can keep his cushy job if he can point to massive forum traffic... ;-)

I''m not gutted at all, never get my hopes up now after last years RNS announcement lol.  However it is good news they have extended for another year.

Look on the bright side people, new directors should be coming in soon, and hopefully bring a little money with them, we have a bright, new and respected CEO, new players and a chance to build a team of our own and not loan players.

What an absolute load of crap. The thing that annoys me is that it says continue the "Succesful" Sponsorship deal. Since the name was on the shirt we have been the worst team I have ever seen in Yellow and Green.I actually had my hopes up Delia was F***ing off. Oh well another shit season beckons under her majesty the terrible!

My only complaint is it means the Aviva Lemur will be around another year :(

[quote user="Mr_Chimp"]Classy stuff Pink ''Un.  Classy stuff.[/quote]I think your''re mistaking the EDP for a newspaper (with editorial standards etc).  They''ve got their heads firmly wedgd up Queen Delia''s arse and print whatever the Carrow Road PR Department tells them to.

I''m no big fan of Aviva as a company but this could be viewed as a brave move on their part. Unless the club get promoted back to the Championship 12,000 season ticket holders sent a message suggesting that they may well not renew again. The result would be a disaster in terms of guarantees of future season ticket incomes committed to the bankers and Aviva may well find themsleves associated with a club in administration as a result of years of amateur mismanagement. Hardly the sort of thing with which one would think they would risk being associated. They had no need to make this announcement at all - so maybe they have knowledge that we don''t in terms of future investment and prospects.

A cynic may take the view that it is a "peanuts investment" for them, gives them a novelty place for entertaining and training and takes people''s minds off jobs going to India and Pinebanks being turned into lots of blocks of flats that the City doesn''t need.

[quote user="Jumpers for Goalposts"][quote user="Mr_Chimp"]Classy stuff Pink ''Un.  Classy stuff.[/quote]I think your''re mistaking the EDP for a newspaper (with editorial standards etc).  They''ve got their heads firmly wedgd up Queen Delia''s arse and print whatever the Carrow Road PR Department tells them to.[/quote]A day''s worth of teasing about an announcement that could and should be treated as completely run of the mill.  Stuff like this should be footnotes to stories, not built-up with a day''s worth of cryptic hints to build up site views.Thing is, the Club will take flak from the fans now for underwhelming news, when really, they haven''t done a thing wrong.

[quote user="Mr_Chimp"][quote user="Jumpers for Goalposts"][quote user="Mr_Chimp"]Classy stuff Pink ''Un.  Classy stuff.[/quote]I think your''re mistaking the EDP for a newspaper (with editorial standards etc).  They''ve got their heads firmly wedgd up Queen Delia''s arse and print whatever the Carrow Road PR Department tells them to.[/quote]A day''s worth of teasing about an announcement that could and should be treated as completely run of the mill.  Stuff like this should be footnotes to stories, not built-up with a day''s worth of cryptic hints to build up site views.Thing is, the Club will take flak from the fans now for underwhelming news, when really, they haven''t done a thing wrong.[/quote]This time.

[quote user="Duffman"][quote user="Mr_Chimp"][quote user="Jumpers for Goalposts"][quote user="Mr_Chimp"]Classy stuff Pink ''Un.  Classy stuff.[/quote]I think your''re mistaking the EDP for a newspaper (with editorial standards etc).  They''ve got their heads firmly wedgd up Queen Delia''s arse and print whatever the Carrow Road PR Department tells them to.[/quote]A day''s worth of teasing about an announcement that could and should be treated as completely run of the mill.  Stuff like this should be footnotes to stories, not built-up with a day''s worth of cryptic hints to build up site views.Thing is, the Club will take flak from the fans now for underwhelming news, when really, they haven''t done a thing wrong.[/quote]This time.[/quote]Indeed.