Sign in to follow this  
Grif

Paul McVeigh

Luton we need any help we can get at the minute don''t want him,the conference league which is the MLS don''t want him,yet surprise surprise tell a Norwich fan he''s back training at colney and it''s Oooooo! rekon he could do a job for us.Get real people he''s s**t and way out of his league,go away Paul before being a nice fella around the training ground forces another stupid decision.  

Luton can''t afford to keep him, The MLS isn''t as simple as signing a player, they have to work within a set wage structure set by the governing body, chances our clubs there wouldn''t be able to fit him into theres. 

[quote user="Gunns NO Legend"]Lee , lmao , rank average in his prime and way past his best . As for brought in 3 half decent league 1 signings ? who says , 3 nobodies in my book .Time for the bald leech to go back to arranging golf days before he really does serious damage .Worst Norwich City manager in history bar NONE .
[/quote]

Mr Roader you are a total tool!

[quote user="one 4 the future"][quote user="mrdi"]

I think we should, yes.

[/quote]Good luck with that.[/quote]

Thanks, I look forward to seeing your appropriately realistic propositions for squad additions in due course.

He was one of my favourite players when he was at his best for us - thats not me saying i''d welcome him back now. He will have a LOT to prove whilst he is training with us to pick up any kind of contract, i hope.We Love You Paul McVeigh, And If Its Quite Alright [8]

Don''T want him here!

I''ll never forget one of his final games for us, he lost the ball and while he was chasing after it his hairband fell off and he stopped to pick it up, therefore giving up on the ball.

But he was our best player in the play off final IMO......... :(

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]I understand WLY is very fit and also that he was restricted in appearances by Luton because of their financial problems. I thought I read somewhere that the Luton fans rated him. You never know he could be a useful addition to our squad Oh and please no more mention of Daryl Sutch, even in jest. Anyone who thinks he was a footballer should examine his record after leaving City. He should have been shown the doors early in his career and he wouldn''t have survived in the Ridgeons league[/quote]

Or possibly you could look at Sutch''s role in our best ever season and subsequent victory over Bayern.

Also, blatently McVeigh is only training with us to help him keep fit and get a contract somewhere. It does nobody any harm, doesn''t cost too much money, though the canteen may have issues. Gunn has said it''s open as I''m sure he would if asked about any player who was training at the club, if the edp asked, it''s a bit mean to say "No he''s too crap for league 1". It''s just the club being nice to a long serving former player, can''t we just do that, it''s nice and we''ve done it plenty of times before.

I too was a big fan of Paul McVeigh, however, i''m not convinced signing him now is a good move.  He can not possibly be the player he was 5 or 6 years ago and I don''t think he will cut the fight in League 1.  Towards the end of his City career he really did let himself go; he couldn''t run and didn''t look remotely interested.  While he was on loan at Burnley I travelled to a midweek away game which he was injured for.  He came out of the tunnel below the Norwich fans suited and booted and received a great reception which he completely ignored!!!  I thought that was pretty low, to not even look at us or nod or clap back.   

Even given that, I do remember the good times to which my heart says yes but my head says no.  It would have to be one hell of a resurrection of form to give it a go.  But his song was the best ever, only rivalled in my view my Yousef Safri''s ''Moroccan All Over The World''.