Sign in to follow this  
spark65

Hoolahan

Did any one read the EDP article this morning says he is happy here

Something more workable could be a swap deal - Wes Hoolahan as a makeweight has been a regular speculation since before the summer.

However, the former Blackpool man is understood to be happy where he is - so long as City can afford to keep him - and with Gunn already short on attacking options, gaining one in Lee only to lose another may not take his fancy.

[quote user="spark65"]Did any one read the EDP article this morning says he is happy here

Something more workable could be a swap deal - Wes Hoolahan as a makeweight has been a regular speculation since before the summer.

However, the former Blackpool man is understood to be happy where he is - so long as City can afford to keep him - and with Gunn already short on attacking options, gaining one in Lee only to lose another may not take his fancy.[/quote]they all say that

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="First Wizard"]I get the EDP daily.......and I haven''t read this in todays issue![:|][/quote]

I mean about Hoolihan!

[/quote]I think it was in the Evening News, although I could be wrong.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]There are many players like Alan Lee out there, but there are hardly any like Wes Hoolahan.

[/quote]

Overated in my book Mr C, his goals, or lack of them, didn''t do us any favours, Clinghan is the one we must hold on to.

I think the way that Hoola played under Gunn at the end of the season showed great promise and if played in the right position, then will be good for us.

Might be to lightweight for League 1...some clod hopper of a defender will boot him out of the game inside 5 mins. He doesn''t seem to be a Hux who thrived on being kicked!

[quote user="Mister Chops"]There are many players like Alan Lee out there, but there are hardly any like Wes Hoolahan.[/quote]

Overated in my book Mr C, his goals, or lack of them, didn''t do us any favours, Clinghan is the one we must hold on to.

[/quote]Hoolahan*Clingan*

If we can keep him for next season that will be a massive plus providing we have some decent strikers for him to feed (him and Cody running of Lee would be deadly).  Like people have already mentioned he did it in this league for Blackpool so there is no reason why he can''t for us and it''s clear we are building a big side around him so that should hopefully offer the cover he needs to shine.  If we can keep Clingan as well we may actually have a shot at a half tidy team.

[quote]People go on about him playing in his "right position" what exactly is his right position??????[/quote]

Attacking central midfielder.

Read more [url=http://www.pinkun.com/cs/forums/1728204/ShowPost.aspx]here[/url]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]There are many players like Alan Lee out there, but there are hardly any like Wes Hoolahan.[/quote]

[/quote]Pre-Xmas Clingan, yes.  Post-Xmas Clingan, I''m not that bothered about.

People keep talking Hooly''s lack of goals.....but I didnt think his goal scoring record was that good prior to signing anyway?

I accept we havent seen the best of him yet, and hopefuly we will next season but I dont see him as a goalscorer but someone who will open up defences and create chances.

With an inform curo, Lee / Dickinson in there to finish them off..........good times.........

[quote user="Jen_Jen"]If Gunn Swaps Hoolahan For Lee He Is An IDIOT!!!!![/quote]

Absolutely agree! Jenny Jenny.