Sign in to follow this  
On the way to Yeovil

Yesterdays joke of a press conf.

Was caused because of the expected anouncement of Alan Lee signing.

We had been in talks with Palarse and Lee for a number of days, but something came up at the last moment to cause a delay, don''t know what, but Lee was at the show yesterday.

It is hoped to complete the deal today or Friday at the latest.

[quote user="On the way to Yeovil"]

[/quote]

Was also turned into a joke by the hysterical postings of certain individuals on here all morning who succeeded in winding themselves and each other into a complete frenzy so anything short of the announcement of a takeover by the Sultan of Dubai and the shock capture of Ronaldo from under the noses of Real Madrid was always going to be an anti-climax...which they then shifted all responsibility for by blaming the club [:$]

[quote user="......and Smith must score."]

[quote user="Captain Dejan Just For Missing In Action"]I''m not believing any thing else I read on here until it''s official.[/quote]

You don''t say.....

[/quote]

no he did say.but i don''t believe him...not till it''s official anyways

[quote user="Pboro_Canary"][quote user="On the way to Yeovil"]

[/quote]

Was also turned into a joke by the hysterical postings of certain individuals on here all morning who succeeded in winding themselves and each other into a complete frenzy so anything short of the announcement of a takeover by the Sultan of Dubai and the shock capture of Ronaldo from under the noses of Real Madrid was always going to be an anti-climax...which they then shifted all responsibility for by blaming the club [:$]

[/quote]I think you''re referring to a minority... most people enjoying that thread yesterday weren''t really expecting much but were enjoying the speculation... it was probably the most entertaining thread for a long time, if only for the drivel that Radio Norfolk talk! The fact that a few chose to get angry about it and blame the club doesn''t mean we should all get tarred with the same brush...

[quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="Pboro_Canary"][quote user="On the way to Yeovil"]

[/quote]

[/quote]I think you''re referring to a minority... most people enjoying that thread yesterday weren''t really expecting much but were enjoying the speculation... it was probably the most entertaining thread for a long time, if only for the drivel that Radio Norfolk talk! The fact that a few chose to get angry about it and blame the club doesn''t mean we should all get tarred with the same brush...[/quote]Here Here!

[quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="Pboro_Canary"][quote user="On the way to Yeovil"]

[/quote]

[/quote]
I think you''re referring to a minority... most people enjoying that thread yesterday weren''t really expecting much but were enjoying the speculation... it was probably the most entertaining thread for a long time, if only for the drivel that Radio Norfolk talk! The fact that a few chose to get angry about it and blame the club doesn''t mean we should all get tarred with the same brush...
[/quote]

Well said that man [:)]

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]I think you''re referring to a minority... [/quote]

Agreed, hence the reference to "certain individuals".  It was quite entertaining watching them wind each other up and sorry if I have offended any of the vast majority of sensible souls who did not succumb.

[quote user="Pboro_Canary"]

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]I think you''re referring to a minority... [/quote]

Agreed, hence the reference to "certain individuals".  It was quite entertaining watching them wind each other up and sorry if I have offended any of the vast majority of sensible souls who did not succumb.

[/quote]No offence at all my good man, just making sure I''m distanced from the nutjobs who turned to hysteria... I must admit that I was slightly shocked at just how boring the news turned out to be... I knew it wouldn''t be anything earth-shattering - we''re NCFC after all - but I was at least expecting a signing!

Personally, I think that extension of the shirt sponsorship deal to 2012 was worth a press conference in the current financial climate. It helps give stability to the club in difficult times and may even free up some player money. I''d like to believe the bit about a delay on Lee and that he was at the show. Before the excitement builds up again, however, Gunny is now saying ''don''t expect any new signings until early next week at the soonest!

[quote user="Yelloow Since 72"]Personally, I think that extension of the shirt sponsorship deal to 2012 was worth a press conference in the current financial climate. It helps give stability to the club in difficult times and may even free up some player money. I''d like to believe the bit about a delay on Lee and that he was at the show. Before the excitement builds up again, however, Gunny is now saying ''don''t expect any new signings until early next week at the soonest![/quote]

He was there, as i saw him and spoke to him, and i think others posted on here that they saw him at the show

[/quote]

[/quote]
I think you''re referring to a minority... most people enjoying that thread yesterday weren''t really expecting much but were enjoying the speculation... it was probably the most entertaining thread for a long time, if only for the drivel that Radio Norfolk talk! The fact that a few chose to get angry about it and blame the club doesn''t mean we should all get tarred with the same brush...
[/quote]

I did enjoy hearing about your "BIRDS eye view" of the local park yesteday monkey haha.

It was a fun thread, i don''t think anybody really expected a majorly earth shattering announcement such as a takeover or the return of Hucks, at the very most i thought it might have been Lee signing but i see/saw that a virtually done deal anyway.