Sign in to follow this  
bluemike

Matt Holland Anyone ??

Mentioned this a long while ago, definately could do a good job for us in my opinion, always rated him highly despite once being a binner

His age concerns me tbh, but then again, look at Barmby!

[quote user="bluemike"]Available on a free, surely he is worth a punt ?[/quote]every team needs a balance of youth and experience and he''d fill the latter role superbly for me

[quote user="AJ"]His age concerns me tbh, but then again, look at Barmby![/quote]And what an old overweight molby did for us a few years ago

Im sure half the people on here would be much happier going to watch an ex Ipswich legends team , jesus Matt Holand is Ipswich through and through . You will all want Fabian Wilness signed up next .

[quote user="bluemike"]Available on a free, surely he is worth a punt ?
[/quote]

You must be joking. He has been rubbish for years.

[quote user="Loan City Fc "]Im sure half the people on here would be much happier going to watch an ex Ipswich legends team , jesus Matt Holand is Ipswich through and through . You will all want Fabian Wilness signed up next .[/quote]He''s been with Charlton as long as he was with them, we''ve had scummers in the past, I see it as an act of humanity like showing them the true path or something

[quote user="bluemike"]Available on a free, surely he is worth a punt ?
[/quote]

Yes I think he could do a job for us although 2 ex Ipswich players in our team may be too hard for some people to swallow.

Bagged goals for for Ippy and Charlton. Has he still got it at 35? Hmm....not so sure.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]I couldn''t care less who players have played for before us, if they are good enough then i''d give them a chance.[/quote]

I agree, if there good enough who cares where there from ?

I would have Leon back in a shot.However he left because of issues that he wanted to get away from, I don''t know if that has resolved itself now and perhaps he can return but if fit he will get 15-20 goals at this level no probs.The only problem we would then have is that we would have four smallish strikers although at least Leon packs a punch.

Last time I spoke to him he was considering signing 1 more year at Charlton and then moving into media.

I really like Matt Holland, the one Ipswich player i always admired.

I''m expecting a Championship club to go for him though.