Sign in to follow this  
Snoots

New NCFC Direcor is Stephan Phillips, managing director of Archant Norfolk, the parent company of the EDP and Evening News.

[quote user="lappinitup"]Why didn''t you call the thread "blimey" and put the rest in the post?[/quote]

Don''t know really, too hot and astonished by this appointment I suppose. Looks Delia will have th Pin Un "fully on board and on message" from now on.

[quote user="Bob Stroud"]

[quote user="lappinitup"]Why didn''t you call the thread "blimey" and put the rest in the post?[/quote]

Don''t know really, too hot and astonished by this appointment I suppose. Looks Delia will have th Pin Un "fully on board and on message" from now on.

[/quote]

......... I mean, otherwise what on earth is the thinking behind the appointment. I feel very uncomfortable with it.

Three threads down, you cant miss it...http://www.pinkun.com/cs/forums/1743261/ShowPost.aspx

[quote user="ACE"]Three threads down, you cant miss it...

http://www.pinkun.com/cs/forums/1743261/ShowPost.aspx
[/quote]

Oh, sorry. I did miss it. Haven''t been on here for a while,read the home page, came straight onto the MB , saw nothing similar at the top so went for it. So, sorry again. I will shuffle off now.

Bad news... rather like putting the fox in charge of the chickens.....

Classic Smith strategy.

A frined of mine who works at archant has just told me the appointment has not been greeted with many cheers there. I don''t suppose for a moment that the writers there will be at all comfortable with any of this.

[quote user="Pygmalion"]A frined of mine who works at archant has just told me the appointment has not been greeted with many cheers there. I don''t suppose for a moment that the writers there will be at all comfortable with any of this.[/quote]

He wasn''t the most popular after ''the cull'' of the reporters earlier in the year so doubt he is liked within the ranks but it does show ruthlessness! Bet Pete and Vinces desks will be moved outside his office!

I thought that the newspaper industry was going down the pan and that Archant have been letting a fair number of staff go.If I was working there, I would not be best pleased. His time would be best spent looking after his core interest.