Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Jonson should get a full game thanks to Sanchez

If I''ve got my maths right, this means McVeigh will be forced to miss the WBA game...

The Irish Football Association have taken the unusual step of invoking FIFA''s four-day rule after a spate of withdrawals from the Northern Ireland squad. Paul McVeigh (Norwich) has pulled out of
the World Cup qualifier against Azerbaijan in Baku on Saturday. McVeigh is now ineligible to feature for the clubs either four days before or four days after the international fixture following the IFA''s stance. The ruling also covers the fixture against Austria on Wednesday 13th October and means the affected players will be ineligible to turn out for their clubs on the following weekend.

A chance for Brennan to get on the bench for you Jimbo fans?

Personally I''d prefer to see a bit more of the tank engine.

Is there any reason why WLY has pulled out? I assume its a non approved injury?

OTBC

McVeigh has a lower back problem that he''s been struggling with for quite a while now. He''ll have some treatment at Norwich and he should be fit for the game against Austria next week.

Scrap that - the Pocket Rocket is joining up with the NI squad before the Austria game, so he probably will feature in the game at the Hawthorns.

Bearing in mind the way WBA play we need a physically strong side out for this game. My team would be;

Green

Edworthy  Flemming  Charlton Drury

Helveg    Francis       Holt   Brennan

Jonson Huckerby

Subs; Docherty Bentley McKenzie Saffri Ward

Whilst Bentley is a good ball player he is somewhat lightweight and I am not 100% certain he is playing for Norwich rather than David Bentley. I hope we play the ball on the ground as we will win little in the air with the big lumps in the WBA defence.