Sign in to follow this  
Spartan

Prudence without ambition is alive and well at NCFC!!

Paul McVeigh training at Colney, Docherty leading Norwich to the Championship, influx of non - league players anticipated, three new players costing zilch, Bryan Gunn as manager, Delia still here.....clearly things are going from bad to worse and clearly the coming season will further establish the club vision of ''Prudence without Ambition''. Think I''m wrong? Wait and see!

Whilst I am reserveing judgment until we see the eventual fruits of our summer transfer efforts (we have put ina  couple of bids for Dickinson involving some money being spent!) why can''t people lay off the Doc. If we were being that prudent he would have gone because he''s not going to be on low wages. He will be the best defender in League 1 next season.

[quote user="Spartan"]Paul McVeigh training at Colney, Docherty leading Norwich to the Championship, influx of non - league players anticipated, three new players costing zilch, Bryan Gunn as manager, Delia still here.....clearly things are going from bad to worse and clearly the coming season will further establish the club vision of ''Prudence without Ambition''. Think I''m wrong? Wait and see![/quote]

Errrmmm McVeigh is only doing what a lot of players out of contract do and that is go back to an old club to train with to boost their fitness levels up whilst still talking to other clubs. There has been no annoucement on the captain for the new season and Tudor Jones was signed for an undisclosed fee. Still never mind, let''s get the pitchforks out and lynch the nearest employee of the club!

[quote user="Spartan"]Paul McVeigh training at Colney, Docherty leading Norwich to the Championship, influx of non - league players anticipated, three new players costing zilch, Bryan Gunn as manager, Delia still here.....clearly things are going from bad to worse and clearly the coming season will further establish the club vision of ''Prudence without Ambition''. Think I''m wrong? Wait and see![/quote]Ambition will not return to carrow road until Delias D-day.

[quote user="CanaryKid2k9"]

I for one am remaining positive and ambitious because whats the point in moaning about our club all the time.

[/quote]What has you being ambitious got to do with anything

[quote user="Mr. Bump"][quote user="CanaryKid2k9"]

I for one am remaining positive and ambitious because whats the point in moaning about our club all the time.

[/quote]
What has you being ambitious got to do with anything
[/quote]

I''m just a bit fed up with all the negativity. Get behind the team.

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"]Where''s the nearest bridge?[/quote]Carrow Bridge? Conveniently placed at the back of the stadium.

Hey Spartan....I posted a similar-from the heart, angry type post like this after yesterday''s press conference and regretted it later. It''s like replying to a letter that really annoys you. Don''t reply until you''ve calmed down!!!!

At least we finally know who is at the helm of the club....lets try and move forward and look forward to winning the League 1 Championship next season................COME ON!

[quote user="AJ"][quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"]Where''s the nearest bridge?[/quote]

Carrow Bridge? Conveniently placed at the back of the stadium.
[/quote]

........and for those who prefer not to get wet there''s also the equally handy railway bridge on Carrow Road.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."]

[quote user="AJ"][quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"]Where''s the nearest bridge?[/quote]Carrow Bridge? Conveniently placed at the back of the stadium.[/quote]

........and for those who prefer not to get wet there''s also the equally handy railway bridge on Carrow Road.

[/quote]And for those who don''t actually go to the games, take your pick:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/River_Wensum#Bridges_.28Norwich.29

[quote user="Yelloow Since 72"]

Once again the doom merchants are out in force. Personally, I see a lot of positive things going on. OK, the new players will have to show what they can do on the pitch, but the potential looks good. The defence has been strengthened without a single loan in sight, the midfield looks solid whether or not Clingan stays, new possibilities have come in at RM with Smith and Neilson, and things seem to be progressing well on the striker and goalkeeper front.

Fans wanted change and now have got it with Doomcaster and Munby gone, a new CEO now in who wants to put football first, backed up by 3 new directors all keen on the same thing. It seems that what hasn''t changed are those who are going to moan whatever happens. Personally I''d rather be positive and look forward to a new season but it''s a personal choice at the end of the day. OTBC!

[/quote]otYou mention potential, but I fail to see much. Matthew Gill is not good enough, I back up this claim from seeing him play over four consecutive seasons, as far as I''m concerned there is an obvious reason why Swansea saw fit to loan OTJ to Swindon last season and then not renew his contract, and it has been well documneted on this forum how the monkey hangers are not sad to see the back of Nelson. I will probably be labelled a ''doom merchant'' or negative for the sake of it, but s*d it.

[quote user="Yelloow Since 72"]

Once again the doom merchants are out in force. Personally, I see a lot of positive things going on. OK, the new players will have to show what they can do on the pitch, but the potential looks good. The defence has been strengthened without a single loan in sight, the midfield looks solid whether or not Clingan stays, new possibilities have come in at RM with Smith and Neilson, and things seem to be progressing well on the striker and goalkeeper front.

Fans wanted change and now have got it with Doomcaster and Munby gone, a new CEO now in who wants to put football first, backed up by 3 new directors all keen on the same thing. It seems that what hasn''t changed are those who are going to moan whatever happens. Personally I''d rather be positive and look forward to a new season but it''s a personal choice at the end of the day. OTBC!

[/quote]

All well and good but the vital ingredient seems to be missing and from what has been said by the new chairman it doesn''t look like that''s going to change any time soon. The new chairman even said on Look East that he thought we already had the players in place to get promotion, don''t know who he''s trying to kid.

Definitely Carrow River Bridge, closely followed by Carrow Railway Bridge, Novesad Friendship Bridge, the new Old Barge Yard Bridge (under construction), Foundary Bridge ........ you get the drift!

[quote user="Sparky"]Definitely Carrow River Bridge, closely followed by Carrow Railway Bridge, Novesad Friendship Bridge, the new Old Barge Yard Bridge (under construction), Foundary Bridge ........ you get the drift![/quote]

Sorry, this should have been in response to ''Where''s the nearest bridge?''

[quote user="Sparky"][quote user="Sparky"]Definitely Carrow River Bridge, closely followed by Carrow Railway Bridge, Novesad Friendship Bridge, the new Old Barge Yard Bridge (under construction), Foundary Bridge ........ you get the drift![/quote] Sorry, this should have been in response to ''Where''s the nearest bridge?''[/quote]

Oh???

I thought it was in response to where we should scatter Delia & Wynn Jones limbs after their little railway accident???  [:^)]

[quote user="kdncfc"][quote user="Yelloow Since 72"]

[/quote]

All well and good but the vital ingredient seems to be missing and from what has been said by the new chairman it doesn''t look like that''s going to change any time soon. The new chairman even said on Look East that he thought we already had the players in place to get promotion, don''t know who he''s trying to kid.

[/quote]