Sign in to follow this  
can u sit down please

Board to announce new directors tomorrow 02/07/09

[quote user="Salahuddin"][quote user="...."][quote user="Salahuddin"]

But this is still not the news that had Wiz all hot and flushed!

I wonder when that will happen......?

[/quote]Well then maybe people should accuse him of bullshitting. Others have been slated- why not Wizard?[/quote]

Having no name will not save you from the Wizards curse you know.............

[/quote]I think ..... has missed out on this board, Wiz has come in for plenty of abuse in the past.I''m not too disappointed in this, but there is no sign of any investment coming from these directors, which is a shame.I am disappointed in the fact that one of Archant''s leading men is now on board, not really any chance of objective reporting now is there?

[quote user="can u sit down please"]cough cough [Y][/quote]

So! Any player news........

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="SimonOTBC"][quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="Beauseant"]It''s probably to announce that they''ve got 2 for 1 on the chocolate digestives for the boardroom.......[:|][/quote]

Yet another cost saving measure then, they could have at least gone for chocolate hobnobs [;)]
[/quote]

Don''t mock, it''s another 80p in the transfer kitty (or £1.60 if Foulger doubles it!) [;)] How did the exams go?

[/quote]

Couldn''t he round it up to £2?!

Well I don''t actually know my results for the modules yet, but I think they went pretty well, and I have already got confirmation that I have a 2.1, so I''m pretty chuffed!
[/quote]

Excellent stuff mate! In my view a 2.1 the perfect degree, in that it shows that you''re bright, but also that you have a life!

[/quote]

Cheers mate, and that is exactly my take on it as well!

Congrats. Not sure I agree that a 2:1 is the perfect degree, but getting a first is of no real benefit.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Fair enough, I think the main benefit is where you actually get your degree from though, and I''m definitely not going to complain about that either.
[/quote]

I agree wholeheartedly with that. Where were you studying? A 2:1 is what you need to keep all doors open to you so you are right to be chuffed. Make the most of your good degree as much as you can in the next 2-3 years, it will become increasingly less important as time goes by!

Anyone got a link to the fly swatting game????

Can''t.........................live....................................without.......

........................it!!!!!

Need.......................................................flies!!!!!!

OTBC!

[quote user="...."][quote user="Salahuddin"]

[/quote]

Well then maybe people should accuse him of bullshitting. Others have been slated- why not Wizard?
[/quote]

I believe Wiz, he has no reason to make something up - also WAY49 is in on what is happening.

[quote user="Salahuddin"]

[quote user="can u sit down please"]cough cough [Y][/quote]

So! Any player news........

[/quote]

Not as yet. But as soon as i do.....i have for the last few weeks been dropping subtle hints about 2 of the appointments but they seemed to go unnoticed! Oh well!

Right! Tin Hat....off! Thanks for not really hammering me!

[quote user="norfolkchance1"][quote user="...."][quote user="Salahuddin"]

[/quote]Well then maybe people should accuse him of bullshitting. Others have been slated- why not Wizard?[/quote]

I believe Wiz, he has no reason to make something up - also WAY49 is in on what is happening.

[/quote]If he really knew what was happening he could let us all in on the secret. Them telling us isnt going to stop any deals happening is it?

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]Important news in that they should hopefully bring a little more business nous to the board, but not that exciting in the grand scheme of things.  Still reckon McNally is the most important piece of the jigsaw, though...[/quote]It is certainly a clever way to cheaply outsource the press department.

[quote user="SimonOTBC"][quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="SimonOTBC"][quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="Beauseant"]It''s probably to announce that they''ve got 2 for 1 on the chocolate digestives for the boardroom.......[:|][/quote]Yet another cost saving measure then, they could have at least gone for chocolate hobnobs [;)][/quote]

Don''t mock, it''s another 80p in the transfer kitty (or £1.60 if Foulger doubles it!) [;)] How did the exams go?

[/quote]Couldn''t he round it up to £2?!Well I don''t actually know my results for the modules yet, but I think they went pretty well, and I have already got confirmation that I have a 2.1, so I''m pretty chuffed![/quote]

Excellent stuff mate! In my view a 2.1 the perfect degree, in that it shows that you''re bright, but also that you have a life!

[/quote]Cheers mate, and that is exactly my take on it as well!

Congrats. Not sure I agree that a 2:1 is the perfect degree, but getting a first is of no real benefit.[/quote]

[/quote]Fair enough, I think the main benefit is where you actually get your degree from though, and I''m definitely not going to complain about that either.[/quote]

I agree wholeheartedly with that. Where were you studying? A 2:1 is what you need to keep all doors open to you so you are right to be chuffed. Make the most of your good degree as much as you can in the next 2-3 years, it will become increasingly less important as time goes by!

[/quote]Yes I will try and do that, but it is bloody tough at the moment, I think it is going to be a really really long summer!  I was studying at the University of Leicester, I think it''s 12th in The Independent''s list at the moment, I have no doubt it will be top 10 soon, it really is pushing hard for that.

Allegedly, the conversation went something like this:

Delia:   "Stephan, I don''t have much in the way of education myself so I would like to populate the Board with an abundance of academic talent. What is your degree in?"

Stephan:   "Well, I was awarded a Master of Science degree for the research I conducted into Consumer Disloyalty Behaviour."

Delia:  "Wow! That''s great! You''re hired. Have I got a bunch of yobs that you can get to work on right away."

[quote user="can u sit down please"]

After today press conference anti climax im expecting to get absolutely hammered for posting this. Infact i dont know why i am!

But...here goes.

There will be an announcement around 4pm tomorrow confirming the new board members.

[/quote]

Thankyou very much for the correct information you gave us, could you drop US a few hints about any new players likely to sign for us in the next week or so?

Thankyou CA