Sign in to follow this  
can u sit down please

Board to announce new directors tomorrow 02/07/09

[quote user="Beauseant"]It''s probably to announce that they''ve got 2 for 1 on the chocolate digestives for the boardroom.......[:|][/quote]Yet another cost saving measure then, they could have at least gone for chocolate hobnobs [;)]

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="Beauseant"]It''s probably to announce that they''ve got 2 for 1 on the chocolate digestives for the boardroom.......[:|][/quote]

Yet another cost saving measure then, they could have at least gone for chocolate hobnobs [;)]
[/quote]

Don''t mock, it''s another 80p in the transfer kitty (or £1.60 if Foulger doubles it!) [;)] How did the exams go?

[quote user="Salahuddin"]Radio Norfolk have just announced it.[/quote]

Announced what! Don''t just say they''ve announced something and not tell us what! [:P]

[quote user="Salahuddin"]Radio Norfolk have just announced it.[/quote]What, the hob-nobs? Care to elaborate? I wasn''t going to put myself through that Radio Norfolk torture again....

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="Beauseant"]It''s probably to announce that they''ve got 2 for 1 on the chocolate digestives for the boardroom.......[:|][/quote]Yet another cost saving measure then, they could have at least gone for chocolate hobnobs [;)][/quote]

Don''t mock, it''s another 80p in the transfer kitty (or £1.60 if Foulger doubles it!) [;)] How did the exams go?

[/quote]Couldn''t he round it up to £2?!Well I don''t actually know my results for the modules yet, but I think they went pretty well, and I have already got confirmation that I have a 2.1, so I''m pretty chuffed!

They have announced that today Roy was taken to hospital after being hit by a space hopper.....

[quote user="Linus"][quote user="Salahuddin"]Radio Norfolk have just announced it.[/quote]

The biscuits?
[/quote]

If they haven''t gone for Custard Creams there''ll be trouble.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]know who they are. Don''t get too excited....[/quote]

Oh no!

Go on then put us out of our misery!

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="Beauseant"]It''s probably to announce that they''ve got 2 for 1 on the chocolate digestives for the boardroom.......[:|][/quote]

Yet another cost saving measure then, they could have at least gone for chocolate hobnobs [;)]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Couldn''t he round it up to £2?!

Well I don''t actually know my results for the modules yet, but I think they went pretty well, and I have already got confirmation that I have a 2.1, so I''m pretty chuffed!
[/quote]

Excellent stuff mate! In my view a 2.1 the perfect degree, in that it shows that you''re bright, but also that you have a life!

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]

[quote user="Linus"][quote user="Salahuddin"]Radio Norfolk have just announced it.[/quote]The biscuits?[/quote]

If they haven''t gone for Custard Creams there''ll be trouble.

[/quote]Well, if they are as prudent as they say they will get some rice crackers, not Custard Creams!

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="Beauseant"]It''s probably to announce that they''ve got 2 for 1 on the chocolate digestives for the boardroom.......[:|][/quote]Yet another cost saving measure then, they could have at least gone for chocolate hobnobs [;)][/quote]

[/quote]Couldn''t he round it up to £2?!Well I don''t actually know my results for the modules yet, but I think they went pretty well, and I have already got confirmation that I have a 2.1, so I''m pretty chuffed![/quote]

Excellent stuff mate! In my view a 2.1 the perfect degree, in that it shows that you''re bright, but also that you have a life!

[/quote]Cheers mate, and that is exactly my take on it as well!

Well that''s clear then.  Archant CEO becomes NCFC board members.  When you read the EDP / Pink ''Un you are actually reading the official mouthpiece of the Club.  That''s the way to replace the former marketing director!  This will make this board redundant within weeks!  No wonder dissent occasionally disappears.

Bowkett seems a good choice for Chairman though - if he can drag himself away from his farm in the Scottish Lothians!

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]Couldn''t he round it up to £2?!Well I don''t actually know my results for the modules yet, but I think they went pretty well, and I have already got confirmation that I have a 2.1, so I''m pretty chuffed![/quote]

[/quote]Cheers mate, and that is exactly my take on it as well![/quote]OT much?

New directors are:

Alan Bowkett

A lifelong Canary fan and member of the NCFC Associate Directors

Group, Alan Bowkett, 58, retired earlier this week from his role as

Chairman of national homes construction company Redrow, a FTSE 250

business worth an estimated £1billion.

He was Chief Executive of Norwich-based Boulton and Paul plc in the

1980s and later went on to hold leading roles at a number of British

and European businesses, including:

RHP Bearings Ltd - Chief ExecutiveAnglian Home Improvements - Non-Executive DirectorMorgan Grenfell Private Equity - ChairmanBerisford plc - Chief ExecutiveCVC Capital Partners - European AdvisorRAC plc - Deputy ChairmanAcordis BV (Holland) - Chairman of Supervisory BoardGreene King plc - Non-Executive Director, Chairman of AuditDoncasters Group plc - ChairmanSeton House Group (formerly Britax plc) - ChairmanStrix Ltd - ChairmanRedrow - Chairman

He was also a former treasurer of the University of East Anglia,

Chairman of Social Services for the London Borough of Ealing and

Liveryman of the Worshipful Company of founders.

Married for 34 years with five children, Bowkett is an organic

farmer in Cambridgeshire and the Scottish borders in his spare time.

Stephan Phillips

Stephan Phillips, 54, has been the Managing Director of Archant

Norfolk since 2007. Prior to that he was the Development Director for

Archant, responsible for developing Archant''s digital assets.For

10 years he was the Advertising Director for Archant Norfolk and prior

to that he worked for the Thomson Corporation, CWS and Sainsbury''s.He

has a first degree from Nottingham Trent University and was awarded a

Master of Science degree for his academic research into Consumer

Disloyalty Behaviour from the University of Glamorgan. In 2004 Stephan

was nominated by the Financial Times as one of the top 50 creative

business people in the UK.A keen fan of Norwich City Football Club for many years, he is also a member of the Associate Directors'' Group.Stephan is married with two grown-up children. His interests include the arts and golf.

David McNally

David McNally, 47, was recently appointed Chief Executive of the Club and formally started at Carrow Road on June 22.

He left Fulham in December 2008 after four years during which he

helped to significantly grow the Cottagers'' income, preserve their

Premiership status and appoint current boss Roy Hodgson, who saved them

from relegation against the odds in 2008 and guided them to European

qualification in 2009.

Prior to his successful stint with the southwest London club,

McNally was Sales and Marketing Director with Celtic for four years

where, working alongside former City player and boss Martin O''Neill, he

helped the Scottish giants to significantly increase their

off-the-field income.

Before his move to Celtic, McNally held a number of roles at blue

chip companies including Courtaulds Textiles, Sara Lee, L''Oreal, Max

Factor and Colgate-Palmolive. This year he has worked as a consultant

to a number of businesses. A graduate of London Business School, he is

married, with a 22-year-old son and a 19-year-old daughter. He enjoys

literature and running in his spare time.

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well I don''t actually know my results for the modules yet, but I think they went pretty well, and I have already got confirmation that I have a 2.1, so I''m pretty chuffed!
[/quote]

[/quote]

Cheers mate, and that is exactly my take on it as well!

Congrats. Not sure I agree that a 2:1 is the perfect degree, but getting a first is of no real benefit.
[/quote]

But this is still not the news that had Wiz all hot and flushed!

I wonder when that will happen......?

[quote user="SimonOTBC"][quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]Cheers mate, and that is exactly my take on it as well!

Congrats. Not sure I agree that a 2:1 is the perfect degree, but getting a first is of no real benefit.[/quote]

[/quote]Fair enough, I think the main benefit is where you actually get your degree from though, and I''m definitely not going to complain about that either.

[quote user="Salahuddin"]

[/quote]Well then maybe people should accuse him of bullshitting. Others have been slated- why not Wizard?

[quote user="shefcanary"]Well that''s clear then.  Archant CEO becomes NCFC board members.  When you read the EDP / Pink ''Un you are actually reading the official mouthpiece of the Club.  That''s the way to replace the former marketing director!  This will make this board redundant within weeks!  No wonder dissent occasionally disappears.

[/quote]My thoughts exactly... and, unsurprisingly, there''s no mention of any of them bringing any cash into the club...Important news in that they should hopefully bring a little more business nous to the board, but not that exciting in the grand scheme of things.  Still reckon McNally is the most important piece of the jigsaw, though...

[quote user="SimonOTBC"][quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Cheers mate, and that is exactly my take on it as well!

Congrats. Not sure I agree that a 2:1 is the perfect degree, but getting a first is of no real benefit.
[/quote]

[/quote]

?

Red eye?

OTBC

[quote user="...."][quote user="Salahuddin"]

[/quote]

Well then maybe people should accuse him of bullshitting. Others have been slated- why not Wizard?
[/quote]

Having no name will not save you from the Wizards curse you know.............