Sign in to follow this  
Canary Boy

An interesting statistic...

Now I am not one for statistics but this is a very interesting one...

"A team who hasn''t won at any of it''s first 8 games has ever stayed up!"

Ok...so here is a realistic question for you. Can Norwich City be the first team to ever do this?

I think we can beat this statistic because we have had a VERY unusual opening fixture list off all the top clubs. I look forward to people''s thoughts.

Think you stats are wrong..

"Since the Premier League was formed in 1992, the longest run without a win at the start of the season was by Swindon in 1993-94. They played their first 15 games without winning."

Swindon were relegated that season, winning just five games in all, but he pointed out that three of the next four on the list recovered from far worse starts than City to stay in the top flight. Derby (13 games without winning in 2000-01), Everton (12 in 1994-95) and Blackburn (11 in 1996-97) all survived, though Manchester City (11 in 1995-96) went down.

From Pink UK Main Site

I always hold hope that we can stay up, but if I was a neutral I would say - no, on what I''ve seen so far, we will go down.

I have seen every game except for Villa this season, and have not seen us play enough good football to stay up. If hucks is well marked or has an off day, we hold very little danger. And we don''t seem to be able to create too many opportunities.

Of course, everything can change when the team beds down (we''re only 8 games in), but on what I''ve seen so far I would say we are one of the 3 weakest teams in the prem.

Having said that - I never expected to stay up with our budget, and believe we''ll be back to stay in 2006.

Sorry if this appears negative. I call it realism!