Sign in to follow this  
Spartan

New board are 'ambitious' - wow!

Delia & Michael have assembled a totally underwhelming array of directors and at the same time assured their relationship with Archant continues to be very cosy. These two really are very clever. In a few short weeks they have brushed four years of failure and mismanagement under the carpet, convinced some very fickle and easily pleased fans that things are suddenly going to be much much better, and spent peanuts on a motley crew of ''new'' players. Are we heading for the promised land? No.

[quote user="Spartan"]Delia & Michael have assembled a totally underwhelming array of directors and at the same time assured their relationship with Archant continues to be very cosy. These two really are very clever. In a few short weeks they have brushed four years of failure and mismanagement under the carpet, convinced some very fickle and easily pleased fans that things are suddenly going to be much much better, and spent peanuts on a motley crew of ''new'' players. Are we heading for the promised land? No.[/quote]

So who would you have apponted to the board? In McNally and Bowkett we have got two very experienced people in the business world and are a great appointment to the club imo. Also unless im mistaken we haven''t finished rebuilding the squad or have we? Did you want us to try and land Jermaine Beckford or Simon Cox because if you did we simply don''t have that money or the attraction this season.

So who did you expect, bearing in mind it''s NCFC, we are in division 3, and we are going through a rough recession?

Come on let''s be having ya realistic answers lol

Just what has happened, people to come on who will help stabilise the club, put football back on the agenda and not restaurants and hotels. 

I think some people are deluded into believing there is a massive queue of multi millionaires waiting to invest in our club, wakey wakey people, we are 3rd division now, not prem.

And who is to say exactly how much these people come to the club with, do you know? 

In an ideal world we would have a sugar daddy take over the club and get rid of DS & MWJ, but the reality of it is, in this current financial climate that ain''t gonna happen.

You''re spot on lads - no more whinging from me and from now on I''ll follow your lead and accept what comes our way. On the ball city!!

The point is we don''t know what''s coming our way so many of us decide that it''s best not to start ranting and raving about it. Tricky stuff eh? [:P]

Personally I think this is just about as well as we could do, there seems to be a realisation from the previous board that things were wrong and hopefully Bowkett and others will be allowed to sort it out.Surely someone with Bowkett''s networking for you is a step in the right direction.p.s. Glove1, sorry if my question to WAY seemed negative to you, but I was just interested to see if this fitted in with what she had heard.

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"]They''ve been in the door for less than a day and already you''re bitching. Amazing. [:P]
[/quote]

How many peanuts if any have these 3 new directors invested?

Surprise, surprise there is no mention of that is there?

I wonder why??? [:$]

[quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"]They''ve been in the door for less than a day and already you''re bitching. Amazing. [:P][/quote]

[/quote]Captain Kneejerk strikes again. [|-)] Would it not be sensible to wait and see what they bring to the table before slagging them off? [*-)]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

Just what has happened, people to come on who will help stabilise the club, put football back on the agenda and not restaurants and hotels. 

I think some people are deluded into believing there is a massive queue of multi millionaires waiting to invest in our club, wakey wakey people, we are 3rd division now, not prem.

And who is to say exactly how much these people come to the club with, do you know? 

In an ideal world we would have a sugar daddy take over the club and get rid of DS & MWJ, but the reality of it is, in this current financial climate that ain''t gonna happen.

[/quote]

Yes very little or nothing, just as the two they are replacing.

So no change there then... Still don''t let that gety in the way of most of you being fooled for a 6th consecutive season running... [:$]

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"][quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"]They''ve been in the door for less than a day and already you''re bitching. Amazing. [:P]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Captain Kneejerk strikes again. [|-)] Would it not be sensible to wait and see what they bring to the table before slagging them off? [*-)]
[/quote]

No because they have not brought anything to the table... anothewr couple of paid club  lackies at worst or a few hundred £k at best (which will not make a jot of difference).

Who are these two guys exactly?  One the Ex CEO of two small/failed construction firms (so can''t see him investing much) and the other guy (Phillips) who the hell is he (he doesn''t look a Norfolk born and bred local that''s for sure)... [:$]

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Lord Flashheart"][quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"]They''ve been in the door for less than a day and already you''re bitching. Amazing. [:P][/quote]

[/quote]Captain Kneejerk strikes again. [|-)] Would it not be sensible to wait and see what they bring to the table before slagging them off? [*-)][/quote]

No because they have not brought anything to the table... anothewr couple of paid club  lackies at worst or a few hundred £k at best (which will not make a jot of difference).

Who are these two guys exactly?  One the Ex CEO of two small/failed construction firms (so can''t see him investing much) and the other guy (Phillips) who the hell is he (he doesn''t look a Norfolk born and bred local that''s for sure)... [:$]

[/quote]I bow to your superior knowledge of people you''ve never heard of. [;)]

[quote user="The Walking Man walking to Yeovil"]

[quote user="Spartan"]Delia & Michael have assembled a totally underwhelming array of directors and at the same time assured their relationship with Archant continues to be very cosy. These two really are very clever. In a few short weeks they have brushed four years of failure and mismanagement under the carpet, convinced some very fickle and easily pleased fans that things are suddenly going to be much much better, and spent peanuts on a motley crew of ''new'' players. Are we heading for the promised land? No.[/quote]

So who would you have apponted to the board? In McNally and Bowkett we have got two very experienced people in the business world and are a great appointment to the club imo. Also unless im mistaken we haven''t finished rebuilding the squad or have we? Did you want us to try and land Jermaine Beckford or Simon Cox because if you did we simply don''t have that money or the attraction this season.

[/quote]

Forgive me, but I thought that this was the whole point of us seeking new board members (investors - I use that word in the loosest possible terms)??? [:$]

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Lord Flashheart"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Captain Kneejerk strikes again. [|-)] Would it not be sensible to wait and see what they bring to the table before slagging them off? [*-)]
[/quote]

[/quote]

I bow to your superior knowledge of people you''ve never heard of. [;)]
[/quote]

So how much are they investing then FLASH???

That is after all the only point in us having new board members.

If we wanted board members who followed orders but invested little money then why bother replacing the two we already had???

Why is investment the only reason to have new board members? Surely there are other factors which enter into decisions like that? [:S] Seriously, I''m surprised people still give your reactionary bollocks the time of day. [:P]

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"]Why is investment the only reason to have new board members? Surely there are other factors which enter into decisions like that? [:S] Seriously, I''m surprised people still give your reactionary bollocks the time of day. [:P]
[/quote]

Because without investment we have a team full of plop which is replaced by a team full of even worse plop each year and Norwich City are seen as a less attractive proposition to one and all (investors, players and fans).  Honestly, have you not learnt anything in the last 6 years or so???

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

So no change there then... Still don''t let that gety in the way of most of you being fooled for a 6th consecutive season running... [:$]

[/quote]

So tell us just how little they are bringing, seeing as you seem to put over that you know for a fact.

I think that the whole "what are they bringing in the way of investment?" line is a bit of a red herring. Yes, it would be great if they could introduce some cash, but what is more important is the business acumen that they can bring to the table, which may itself be central to bringing investment in. I know very little about Phillips, but Bowkett and McNally are both known to be tough cookies. The bottom line is whether they are better than what they replaced, which in my view they are, and by some distance.

I''m not going to go overboard about them yet, because they have much to prove, but nor will I damn them out of hand simply because that seems to have become the default setting on this forum of late

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

So who did you expect, bearing in mind it''s NCFC, we are in division 3, and we are going through a rough recession?

[/quote]

And on the brite side, we couldn''t be worse off ask Southampton how it feels right now, they could be washed up, so lets give the board a bit of room first before we start to throw the stones   

[quote user="pete_norw"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

And on the brite side, we couldn''t be worse off ask Southampton how it feels right now, they could be washed up, so lets give the board a bit of room first before we start to throw the stones   

[/quote]

Exactly

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

So tell us just how little they are bringing, seeing as you seem to put over that you know for a fact.

[/quote]

They have put nothing in whatsoever I believe... two club employees added to McNally a 3rd club employee, replacing just two club employees in Doncaster and Munby.

What a complete waste of money!!!

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You don''t need to use consecutive and running  - shiny head

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="pete_norw"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Exactly

[/quote]

oh we will be in the shoes of Southampton very soon indeed.

We need major investment, not a couple of new employees costing us even more money than what it would of done to keep the two we have just got rid of.

People are claiming that these new employees have a better business acumen and may bring in funding that way.  Well that better be the case otherwise we are up the creek without a paddle.

If that is the case then they had better find this new investment in the next 6 months or less, because we currently do not have enough money in the club to attempt getting out of this league in the right direction any time soon.  The longer we go without finding fresh investment (and major investment at that) and the longer we stay outside the top two tiers the more likely we are of becoming the next big club to go in to administration.

When that happens all of you clowns who have kept backing this boards decisions will have no other team to point the finger at and say "thank god we are not fans of that team"

[/quote]

If a donkey walks through the door on a Monday.... it remains a donkey on Friday.....

Naivity rules the day again I see.......