Sign in to follow this  
JuanVelasco

Doherty is Staying!

The latter half of last season Doc really cleaned his act up and played very well. I thought. If he can carry that on he''ll have a very good season in terms of level of performance. And his attitude seems to be a bonus.I for one am happy that The Doc is staying.

[quote user="Flying Pastie"]The latter half of last season Doc really cleaned his act up and played very well. I thought. If he can carry that on he''ll have a very good season in terms of level of performance. And his attitude seems to be a bonus.I for one am happy that The Doc is staying.[/quote]Last season he really did up his game, although he never was able to form a partnership due to injuries, loans and suspensions.  He has lost a big of weight and gained pace, his heading has improved and so has his timing and intelligence on the pitch.  Is not a leader on the pitch however and i don''t expect him to be captain next year.

Gary Doherty will never be that pleasing on the eye, and he''s bound to always have his critics for one reason or another.

However, he''s a decent defender (he makes the odd mistake, that''s why he plays for Norwich not a premiership side), has been by no means our worst player in recent years, and wants to play for city. That''s good enough for me.

more comitted to ncfc than any of the ten players he had to play with at any one time last season Player Of the Season by a mile leave him alone we need him

Yipee the Doc is staying, marvellous... [:D]

Couldn''t be that no other team wanted him for a second consecutive season could it?

Oh dear I wonder why???

ffs, anyone who thinks gary doherty is the type of player a football club needs to help push them forward needs their head examening!!one word - LIABILITY. how many times can this one man turn a game on a piece of ridiculously sloppy defending. he is just so embaressing, even just to watch. his arms are all over pretty much any striker he''s tasked with marking and i often wonder how he doesn''t concede even more free-kicks than he already does. no matter what level he plays at, you always know he has it in him to either get sent off / give away a pen or contribute to the opposition scoring.don''t get me wrong, i''m sure he''ll do a job in league 1 but he is certainly not a good championship defender - and if that''s where we want to be then at the end of the day we need players who can reach this sort of potential which GD simply does not have. i honestly yearn for the day he is no longer at our football club

[quote user="dhalsimsrightfoot"]ffs, anyone who thinks gary doherty is the type of player a football club needs to help push them forward needs their head examening!!one word - LIABILITY. how many times can this one man turn a game on a piece of ridiculously sloppy defending. he is just so embaressing, even just to watch. his arms are all over pretty much any striker he''s tasked with marking and i often wonder how he doesn''t concede even more free-kicks than he already does. no matter what level he plays at, you always know he has it in him to either get sent off / give away a pen or contribute to the opposition scoring.don''t get me wrong, i''m sure he''ll do a job in league 1 but he is certainly not a good championship defender - and if that''s where we want to be then at the end of the day we need players who can reach this sort of potential which GD simply does not have. i honestly yearn for the day he is no longer at our football club[/quote]

Well said young man. It''s one of the biggest issues I have about people who rate Doherty.

In my eyes it shows a complete lack of ambition by people who are happy that we are where we are and are happy to laud such second rate players.

Gary Doherty never has been and never will be good enough for my club. The sooner he leaves the better.

[quote user="The Ghost of Percy Varco"]Well said young man. It''s one of the biggest issues I have about people who rate Doherty.

In my eyes it shows a complete lack of ambition by people who are happy that we are where we are and are happy to laud such second rate players.

Gary Doherty never has been and never will be good enough for my club. The sooner he leaves the better.[/quote]Yeah you''ve sussed me out. I love the fact we are in the third tier, we''ve got a superb manager who bleeds yellow and green and wonderful people at the top running things brilliantly with prudence, not worrying about that pesky amibition. In fact I hope we fall even further - just think of all those lovely new grounds we can visit! Little ol'' Norwich playing in League Two, where we belong - brilliant, and I hope we re-sign that superb striker Peter Thorne. Maybe we can get back club legend Carl Robinson too? How brilliant would that be? And I''ll sit there clapping my hands like a seal as I always do, happy that they''re all trying their best and content with a nice day out.