Sign in to follow this  
Dr. Ink

Still happy with the Season ticket rebate donation?

I claimed back mine for myself and son, even though I was quite prepared to pay the original price anyway, regardless of relegation. So far I am happy I did this.

To date, has any new transfer money (including the rebate money) been spent at all? We have sold Marshall for a 6 figure sum, along with his high wages. Croft''s wages are gone. Nelson''s wages are gone, the loanees wages are gone, some backroom staff are gone.

The new guys in so far are either very cheap or free.

Gunn now talks about 2 places to fill, No.1 and No.9.

The fwd was obviously planned to be Liam Dickinson, who was bought by Derby for 750,000. We have obviously bid a lot less than this for Derby to say no, even though he is not wanted there. No solid info on the new No.1, but you can almost guarantee he will be bought for less than we sold Marshall for.

I really feel the Prudence is back with avengence, and the ambition gone. It seems to be a reducing costs period right now which is understandable, but unfortunately this is affecting the standard of the squad too much. We can only hope one of the Academy lads, or non-league gems really shines, and can be sold on for a massive profit.

My prediction for 2009/2010 - NCFC will be surprised that we will only be an average L1 team, and will be hovering around the bottom playoff place.

[quote user="Big Dave"]

I claimed back mine for myself and son, even though I was quite prepared to pay the original price anyway, regardless of relegation. So far I am happy I did this.

To date, has any new transfer money (including the rebate money) been spent at all? We have sold Marshall for a 6 figure sum, along with his high wages. Croft''s wages are gone. Nelson''s wages are gone, the loanees wages are gone, some backroom staff are gone.

The new guys in so far are either very cheap or free.

Gunn now talks about 2 places to fill, No.1 and No.9.

The fwd was obviously planned to be Liam Dickinson, who was bought by Derby for 750,000. We have obviously bid a lot less than this for Derby to say no, even though he is not wanted there. No solid info on the new No.1, but you can almost guarantee he will be bought for less than we sold Marshall for.

I really feel the Prudence is back with avengence, and the ambition gone. It seems to be a reducing costs period right now which is understandable, but unfortunately this is affecting the standard of the squad too much. We can only hope one of the Academy lads, or non-league gems really shines, and can be sold on for a massive profit.

My prediction for 2009/2010 - NCFC will be surprised that we will only be an average L1 team, and will be hovering around the bottom playoff place.

[/quote]

I dont understand your point, the fact that the majority of people claimed the rebate means that there is a smaller first team budget.

Now you are complaining that we havn''t spent as much as you thought we should???

This complaint would only seem valid if most people did NOT claim the rebate.

As for transfers, lets wait and see what happens. The transfer window has only been open 2 days.

According to multiple sources, a number of deals have been lined up which should go through next week.

Also I would thought a number of deals would also depend on selling Clingan and how much we get from him.

Bryan Gunn has brough four players to the club so far. All four look pretty shrewd deals IMHO without spending a ton of cash.

I think you can only judge signings on how they perform on the pitch.

I am inclined to agree, while I share your frustration about our lack of actual spending (involving a transfer fee) what would be the point of spending our tiny budget now on an average sriker for instance, only to have an extra 1.5 Million in a week if Clingan goes. I think we will see some more players come in very soon.