Sign in to follow this  
singing canary

loan players.

considering the failure of our loan players last season do you think this has put norwch city on a different mind set regarding bringing them in .

how many do you exspect us to have this season ?

thougts on loan players and how many we should have ?

Inevitably we will have some loan players but the key is to have them in moderation. No more than three or four in the squad at any one time unless injuries force us to.

[quote user="singing canary"]considering the failure of our loan players last season do you think this has put norwch city on a different mind set regarding bringing them in .

how many do you exspect us to have this season ?

thougts on loan players and how many we should have ?[/quote]None I hope.Why should we give experience to other club''s young players, increase their value by doing so, give them exposure and increase their value by doing so, coach other club''s players ....... and have to pay their wages for doing so.If they are older players all we would be doing would be putting them in the shop window for somebody else to buy ...... and have to pay their wages for doing so.

[quote user="The Walking Man walking to Yeovil"]Inevitably we will have some loan players but the key is to have them in moderation. No more than three or four in the squad at any one time unless injuries force us to.[/quote]

I would go for a maximum of 4 players - I would prefer to see our youth players making up the first team squad if necessary. (Loanees i''d look at: Doyle, Eckersley, De Laet and Clayton)

There will be loan players - FACT

Ideally i would like to see maybe 2 Season long loans. 1 being an experienced goal keeper (Colin Doyle fits the bill perfectly) as Rudd is not ready to step up to the number 1 shirt, but by having him on loan it sends the message that if he takes his chances he can have it next season as Doyle will be gone back to Birmingham. Seccondly I would be looking at a striker, not some young kid from whoevers youth team but an older experienced player who can''t get in to his first team (ideally from a Championship or Premiership club) Both of these i would aggree fee''s for to buy at the end of the season if possible.

I would look at short term loand (maximum 3 for the season) when the season gets underway and you get a better idea what the team needs to push up the league (much the way we did with Kevin Cooper the season we were promoted) and also in case of injurys to key players.

[quote user="Yellow Wall"][quote user="singing canary"]considering the failure of our loan players last season do you think this has put norwch city on a different mind set regarding bringing them in . how many do you exspect us to have this season ? thougts on loan players and how many we should have ?[/quote]
None I hope.
Why should we give experience to other club''s young players, increase their value by doing so, give them exposure and increase their value by doing so, coach other club''s players ....... and have to pay their wages for doing so.
If they are older players all we would be doing would be putting them in the shop window for somebody else to buy ...... and have to pay their wages for doing so.[/quote]

Loaning players can work Yellow wall, would have Huvkerby signed for us without the loan period?

It is just a matter of getting the right loan players in.

Getting the right loan players in at the right time....

something which hasn''t happened since Huckerby, Crouch and Harper

Not all loan players are bad. Signing a striker on loan is not a bad idea they tend to more selfish anyway and want to score goals so tend to be motivated anyway. I dont even mind signing a defender if there''s a view to a permanent move in place. It''s just a really bad idea once you get beyond two or three loans in the squad at one time.

[quote user="PKC"]

[quote user="Yellow Wall"][quote user="singing canary"]considering the failure of our loan players last season do you think this has put norwch city on a different mind set regarding bringing them in . how many do you exspect us to have this season ? thougts on loan players and how many we should have ?[/quote]None I hope.Why should we give experience to other club''s young players, increase their value by doing so, give them exposure and increase their value by doing so, coach other club''s players ....... and have to pay their wages for doing so.If they are older players all we would be doing would be putting them in the shop window for somebody else to buy ...... and have to pay their wages for doing so.[/quote]

Loaning players can work Yellow wall, would have Huvkerby signed for us without the loan period?

It is just a matter of getting the right loan players in.

[/quote]Unfortunately that was then, not now. We have seen what has happened with the loan system in recent years. David Bentley made his name with firstly us and then Blackburn. We would never have been able to buy him after we had coached him, played him, given him exposure to the media and no doubt paid a large part of his wages.Arsenal picked up M£7.5 for him even though he never kicked a ball for them in the Premiership.And how much of that M£7.5 did we get for our part of his development? Can we afford Ched Evans, Ryan Bertrand etc?In the ''old'' days clubs such as ours could buy top division reserve players (Crook, Culverhouse, Gunn etc) not now as the selling club would rather we loaned the player and by doing so increase his value until we couldn''t afford him!If lower clubs didn''t loan players then the top clubs would be forced to sell, or keep about 70 players on their books with no way of developing those younger fringe players.