Sign in to follow this  
ca

Academy Coach Replacement must be Flecky

Sorry to hear that we have lost our academy coach to West Brom but there''s an obvious replacement in Robert Fleck.He has shown his coaching potential by doing a great job at Gorleston and Diss and his kids soccer schools.He is well respected,very popular in Norwich and wouldn''t it be great to have him back at Norwich City.Hope your application is in the post Flecky!!

He''s the West Ham scout and surely good for the youngster to learn. Especailly when taking half volley!!!

Ian Crook is doing well at Newcastle United as Head Coach (Australia). Winning Coach of the Season last year in the Australian League.

I''m not sure he would come back to coach the academy. But I assume the passing and distribution of future City midfielders would be first class. There are also a few in the first team that could do with some lessons from the master.

I think he would come back his parents and in laws still live in Norwich as they are friends of my parents and I have it on good authority that he is keen to return to this area

Unfortunately Crooky just had the natural ability and vision - you can''t teach it, you just instinctively know. Sadly, no-one at the club at the moment has his instinctivness for knowing exactly where his team-mates were and how much space they were in. However, both him and Flecky have made bright starts to their coaching careers, albeit at a lower level, and if we could get one or both of them involved at any level throughout the playing setup I''m sure it''d be a boost for the club.

there is one man you are all missing out, experienced, loyal and used to be a top notch player.......the one the only IWAN ROBERTS!

Iwan a nice idea but his coaching credentials aren''t tested or proven. I''d like to see him at the club in some capacity but you''d want someone with better credentials as head coach of an FA licensed academy.
I think Flecky''s an excellent option and i reckon his eyes would have lit up when he saw Boothroyd had left. It''s absolutely perfect for him and he for it. I hope he has his application in the post.
Crook also, esp if he''s done that well in Aus. But why would you want to leave there!!