Sign in to follow this  
colneycanary

No fresh investment....the search for continues............

I think everyone including myself were thinking that the new board members and chairman would bring new investment into the club. Well that is not the case and Delia today said the search for investment continues. How many years has Delia been saying this? For as long as i can remember anyway!

We now have new board members that obviously have a lot of business nous but the root of the problems still remain...lack of money, can''t make a silk purse out of a sows ear.

seems fairly strange every other club in the country can get investment .

plymouth included yet not one person has shown any major interest in norwich.

oh apart from one we all know about and he was sent packing quick enough .

why do i feel delia just does not want to go or have anyone else having a say over her .

she wont move neither does she want too

[quote user="singing canary"]seems fairly strange every other club in the country can get investment .

plymouth included yet not one person has shown any major interest in norwich.

oh apart from one we all know about and he was sent packing quick enough .

why do i feel delia just does not want to go or have anyone else having a say over her .

she wont move neither does she want too[/quote] Someone will come along soon, it ALWAYS happens in football.

im fairly sure delia is looking for investment or to pump money into the club yet i dont think she wants to give anything in return or lose any power in the club .

that is how it seems .

I fancy the new chairman and executives chances of securing investment a lot more than delia & michael.  Put it this way if a genuine fair offer comes along I dont think it will be turned down and if it is the Chairman will resign and we will all know about it.

[quote user="colneycanary"]I think everyone including myself were thinking that the new board members and chairman would bring new investment into the club. Well that is not the case and Delia today said the search for investment continues. How many years has Delia been saying this? For as long as i can remember anyway!
[/quote]

Expect an application for planning consent to extend the Boardroom the way this is going......

A room full of dogsbodies playing big time Charlie..... like so many other small time clubs which are failing badly.

and you seriously think she would walk away ?

i hope your right just seems strange a big club like norwich in a great part of the world with great tradition and history good fan base does not a single person who would not be willing to invest anything .

im wondering just how honest the local media will be with fans now if anyone did come to pull this club from the current nightmare it is in .

They have employed someone to look for new investment, they keep saying that they are looking for new investment, they have found no new investment. Any of you moaners think you could do a better job?

to be honest how the club has been run for the last few years and its worst position for fifty .

i cant imagine many doing alot worse to be completely frank .

I am sure that with the chairman and chief executives business contacts we have a better chance of finding this investment,  Just hope in the short term we have enough cash to get promoted

because delia will not want to be moved from her position of power.

"we are actively seeking investment "

more to the point .... we are looking for someone to pump money into the club and delia still has all the say .

Delia will NEVER let anybody else get their hands on this club , clubs everywhere are attracting buyers yet nobody ever even sniffs around Norwich i wonder why , well look how they treated Cullum , like he was something they had stood in .Smith and Jones need the Robert Chase treatment , run them out its the only way we will get rid of them once and for all.

[quote user="colneycanary"]Well other clubs seem to find investment! Why not us? Explain that to me?[/quote]  Its so much harder when you are not in the top two divisions to attract investment. it does happen like with notts county, but how long have they been waiting ?  years I bet.

[quote user="singing canary"]and you seriously think she would walk away ?[/quote]Yes.  But as in a game of poker, I think she is in too deep to fold.  If someone gives her a way out, I expect she will take it.

[quote user="Soldier on"]

I am sure that with the chairman and chief executives business contacts we have a better chance of finding this investment,  Just hope in the short term we have enough cash to get promoted

[/quote]

Delia said he ran one of the biggest companies in UK if not Europe.

''so Micheal & I delighted to ask him to run the biggest stall at the summer fair and organise the car boot sale''

I think a few of you have hit the nail squarely on the head ... whilst MWJ and the cook constanly refer to the search for new investment, I''m not convinced that either are prepared to relinquish one iota of control. I may be wrong ... but I get the impresssion that any potential investor will have to be prepared to allow them to continue to exert their grip on all major decision making! .... and in reality who would be willing to do that!?

At no point did they ever seriously intend to walk away .... in my opinion!

I hope my cynicism is unfounded ... and the new chairman is able to exert his own authority over proceedings ... but I can''t help feeling a bit disappointed.

OTBC

[quote user="Big Duncs Bloody Shirt"]

I think a few of you have hit the nail squarely on the head ... whilst MWJ and the cook constanly refer to the search for new investment, I''m not convinced that either are prepared to relinquish one iota of control. I may be wrong ... but I get the impresssion that any potential investor will have to be prepared to allow them to continue to exert their grip on all major decision making! .... and in reality who would be willing to do that!?

At no point did they ever seriously intend to walk away .... in my opinion!

I hope my cynicism is unfounded ... and the new chairman is able to exert his own authority over proceedings ... but I can''t help feeling a bit disappointed.

OTBC

[/quote]

Now i''m not quiteso sure, I think Delia is look more and more for a way out now. Remember she is 67 and at that age how many people would want the stress of running an underperforming football club? That doesn''t mean to say that she''ll sell at the drop of a hat but I think if a serious offer came in then I think we would see Delia stepping aside...

She said that while their money is in the club, she would want to be involved.

That''s fair enough, its what Cullum said too.

Its the extent of her involvment which worries a lot of fans though

her saying that worries me ..

what about the serious bad judgements that have cost norwich alot more money .

"thier money".... she needs to cut her losses and run because thier money compaired to what the club now owes is pocket money .

i would not be able to sleep at night if i was her poor judgement has cost norwich city a small fortune she need to realise that .

I do not doubt they are seeking fresh investment. But which wally is going to stump at cash without some control of the club...there my freinds, as many have mentioned, is the sticking point

[quote user="singing canary"]seems fairly strange every other club in the country can get investment . plymouth included yet not one person has shown any major interest in norwich. oh apart from one we all know about and he was sent packing quick enough . why do i feel delia just does not want to go or have anyone else having a say over her . she wont move neither does she want too[/quote]

Ipswich got some. Bloody Peterborough got some.

Perhaps it helps if the club is actually up for sale, and at a reasonable price?

Still, in Delia we trust, just one relegation to go and she completes the hat rick...

[quote user="Soldier on"]I fancy the new chairman and executives chances of securing investment a lot more than delia & michael.  Put it this way if a genuine fair offer comes along I dont think it will be turned down and if it is the Chairman will resign and we will all know about it.[/quote]

Just as Munby resigned and him and Doncaster let us know all the gory details with regards to the Cullum affair???

Honestly what planet do you live on??? [:$]

[quote user="singing canary"]i guess it depends on "what type of investment he has been told to look for "..[/quote]

I don''t believe that he has even looked, do you?

I think he was just given payment to say that he was looking.

Is he still looking Archant? 

How come we do not get a weekly or monthly report on what this Harris chap has been doing for us???

[quote]The bottom line is its very attractive to take over a football club but

it''s not that attractive to put your hand in your pocket and dish out a

few million for the squad because that doesn''t fit any business model.[/quote]

From MWJ.

Is this an admission that they aren''t in fact, looking to sell up?