Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Irrespective of what you make of the new board...

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]

...cut out the insults to each other. It''s getting rather tiresome.

The football season can''t come soon enough.

[/quote]Wait, sorry to point out the obvious, but isn''t it like, your job to stop this from happening?

[quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="Nuff Said"]Cluck, are you so determined to prove that you march to your own drum and no-one else''s that you are deliberately carrying on with the playground insults... or can you just not help yourself?

It''s not that funny. Give it a rest for a bit eh?
[/quote]

Yes now Pete is taking more direct orders from Mr Phillips, we all have to be one big happy family Clucky... [{][}]

[/quote]

I''m sure there was an episode of the X-Files that featured you Smudger. Delusional paranioa at it''s best.

[quote user="Destort"]I''m sure there was an episode of the X-Files that featured you Smudger.[/quote][IMG]http://i42.tinypic.com/2nvrvde.jpg[/IMG]

Great!Cheers Evil - that''s my nightmares sorted for tonight then...[+o(]

[quote user="AJ"][quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]

[/quote]

Wait, sorry to point out the obvious, but isn''t it like, your job to stop this from happening?
[/quote]

Surely not, unless the insults are grossly offensive otherwise where does it lead to ? I''ve already seen one thread removed for no obvious reason other than perhaps one of the so called mods didn''t like it. Indeed, the "... cut out the insults... getting rather tiresome" instruction ...... suggests to me an authority and self-opinion which is starting to get a bit too inflated and removed from reality.

After growing up watching horror films and playing computer games I''m desensitized and insults can''t hurt me.

What with knife crime, terrorism, swine flu and mrsa, a few harsh words can''t hurt.

In fact, I quite like getting abused.

[quote user="WEEN_NASTY"]

After growing up watching horror films and playing computer games I''m desensitized and insults can''t hurt me.

What with knife crime, terrorism, swine flu and mrsa, a few harsh words can''t hurt.

In fact, I quite like getting abused.

[/quote]You tw*t.... [;)]

A fair point. 

[/quote]Wait, sorry to point out the obvious, but isn''t it like, your job to stop this from happening?[/quote]

[quote user="ACE"]A fair point. 

[/quote]Wait, sorry to point out the obvious, but isn''t it like, your job to stop this from happening?[/quote][/quote]Not really, that''s exactly what Pete is trying to do... he can''t be a nanny to us all, we should behave like adults and not result to such slanging, especially of the sort we saw last night, which at times has been disgusting...

Agreed, I used to post in here quite a lot but have taken a back seat lately... it seems like having an opinion is a sin to a select few on here... some of the things being said lately belong in the playground not on the forum...

Utter tosh.  There is a very good reason why EVERY SINGLE forum on the net that does not disintegrate has active mod teams.  It is very simply that people do NOT regulate themselves on forums and as with any aspect of life need marshalling - otherwise who would need the police, managers, politicians etc etc.

[quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="ACE"]A fair point. 

[/quote]Wait, sorry to point out the obvious, but isn''t it like, your job to stop this from happening?[/quote][/quote]Not really, that''s exactly what Pete is trying to do... he can''t be a nanny to us all, we should behave like adults and not result to such slanging, especially of the sort we saw last night, which at times has been disgusting...[/quote]

[quote user="ACE"]Utter tosh.  There is a very good reason why EVERY SINGLE forum on the net that does not disintegrate has active mod teams.  It is very simply that people do NOT regulate themselves on forums and as with any aspect of life need marshalling - otherwise who would need the police, managers, politicians etc etc.[/quote]I appreciate what you''re saying, but I would reiterate that we are all, mostly, adults or civilised people on here and, as such, we ourselves have a duty and a responsibility to behave as such.  If you wouldn''t insult a stranger to their face, why do it on here?  Its cowardly and childish.  Banter is one thing, but what I''ve seen on here in recent times is a long way from banter... a long way!Besides, I don''t think telling us off for our language and behaviour is Pete''s job... he moderates this forum as one aspect of his day job and, I suspect, because he tends to enjoy it.  Yesterday Pete was out at the RNS doing other bits of his job and logs on, in his spare time, to see some pretty nasty stuff.  Is this fair on the man or on the people who were on the receiving end of it?  Its continuing today, from some of the usual suspects, and I can''t say I''d be too happy if I was in his position..............

[quote user="Lincs CR"]Agreed, I used to post in here quite a lot but have taken a back seat lately... it seems like having an opinion is a sin to a select few on here... some of the things being said lately belong in the playground not on the forum...[/quote]

"Meep meep meep meep"......

[quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="ACE"]Utter tosh.  There is a very good reason why EVERY SINGLE forum on the net that does not disintegrate has active mod teams.  It is very simply that people do NOT regulate themselves on forums and as with any aspect of life need marshalling - otherwise who would need the police, managers, politicians etc etc.[/quote]

I appreciate what you''re saying, but I would reiterate that we are all, mostly, adults or civilised people on here and, as such, we ourselves have a duty and a responsibility to behave as such.  If you wouldn''t insult a stranger to their face, why do it on here?  Its cowardly and childish.  Banter is one thing, but what I''ve seen on here in recent times is a long way from banter... a long way!

Besides, I don''t think telling us off for our language and behaviour is Pete''s job... he moderates this forum as one aspect of his day job and, I suspect, because he tends to enjoy it.  Yesterday Pete was out at the RNS doing other bits of his job and logs on, in his spare time, to see some pretty nasty stuff.  Is this fair on the man or on the people who were on the receiving end of it?  Its continuing today, from some of the usual suspects, and I can''t say I''d be too happy if I was in his position..............
[/quote]

The very reason this forum sees so much traffic is because it is lively and full of varied and contentious views....

While some may crave a sweet little puff ball to snuggle into... if that happened it would swiftly die a death. Constant "clicky" agreement and back slapping is a turn off for all...except those who take themselves and their post count far too seriously....

When I first joined... half a dozen bigots felt they owned the place... now we''re all bigots and no-one gets the chance to rule the roost....

Be grateful for what we have......

[quote user="Cluck is God"]The very reason this forum sees so much traffic is because it is lively and full of varied and contentious views....

While some may crave a sweet little puff ball to snuggle into... if that happened it would swiftly die a death. Constant "clicky" agreement and back slapping is a turn off for all...except those who take themselves and their post count far too seriously....

When I first joined... half a dozen bigots felt they owned the place... now we''re all bigots and no-one gets the chance to rule the roost....

Be grateful for what we have......[/quote]

The point, Cluck, which I''m sure you''ve realised, is that I''m sure we''re big enough and ugly enough to be able to make our points and have our banter and debates without having to resort to such vile behaviour as some have chosen...

... you tw*t.... [;)]

[quote user="Cluck is God"]no-one gets the chance to rule the roost....[/quote]Even our resident rooster!

[quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="Cluck is God"]The very reason this forum sees so much traffic is because it is lively and full of varied and contentious views....

The point, Cluck, which I''m sure you''ve realised, is that I''m sure we''re big enough and ugly enough to be able to make our points and have our banter and debates without having to resort to such vile behaviour as some have chosen...

... you tw*t.... [;)]

[/quote]

Unfortunately grown ups don''t behave like angels... not even in the politically correct world this generation is trying to force on us.....

Anyone who has lived a bit and seen a bit clearly knows this and those who whinge and whine are basically showing their lack of worldliness and naivety regarding human interaction.....

"After you Claude"only lives in the mind of whimps and sissy boys........

[quote user="Cluck is God"]Anyone who has lived a bit and seen a bit clearly knows this and those who whinge and whine are basically showing their lack of worldliness and naivety regarding human interaction.....

[/quote]I couldn''t agree more.............................

[quote user="Cluck is God"][quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="Cluck is God"]The very reason this forum sees so much traffic is because it is lively and full of varied and contentious views....

... you tw*t.... [;)]

[/quote]

Unfortunately grown ups don''t behave like angels... not even in the politically correct world this generation is trying to force on us.....

Anyone who has lived a bit and seen a bit clearly knows this and those who whinge and whine are basically showing their lack of worldliness and naivety regarding human interaction.....

"After you Claude"only lives in the mind of whimps and sissy boys........

[/quote]

Claude? What a lovely name.....

[quote user="Mello Yello"]Claude? What a lovely name..... [/quote]Claude Buttocks, probably.... Cluck likes it rough....