Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Irrespective of what you make of the new board...

...cut out the insults to each other. It''s getting rather tiresome. Not only that, it''s against the rules too....

The football season can''t come soon enough.

Well said, Pete.  I''ve just read some truly disgusting stuff on here, its gone beyond vitriol and borders on psychopathic.  What I would ask of the mods, however, is that a hard line is taken on such behaviour.  Posters have been banned for far less than what I''ve seen on here tonight...

Can''t be bothered to read all the comments but speaking as a big critic of what has gone on in the last few years, I am encouraged with the new men.. The Chairman in particular is an impressive appointment and i think we may just have turned the corner.

He and the other directors will not be ''yes men'' to the blessed Delia and at last we have people who will project a proper and correct image of NCFC.

I think we will all be surprised at the progress the club makes over the next 12 months.

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]Well said, Pete.  I''ve just read some truly disgusting stuff on here, its gone beyond vitriol and borders on psychopathic.  What I would ask of the mods, however, is that a hard line is taken on such behaviour.  Posters have been banned for far less than what I''ve seen on here tonight...
[/quote]

I have obviously missed something[:^)]

[quote user="Sideshow Tim"]Tiresome................but quite funny![/quote]Actually there''s a real under current of intolerance which is rather nasty at times. 

Interesting how certain people on this board that dish it out dont like it when they''re insulted....

[quote user="...."]Interesting how certain people on this board that dish it out dont like it when they''re insulted....
[/quote]

I''m up for it fatso........

[quote user="Cluck is God"]

[quote user="...."]Interesting how certain people on this board that dish it out dont like it when they''re insulted....[/quote]

I''m up for it fatso........

[/quote]you  will be KFC by tomorrow....[:P]seriously, insults, bit pointless.

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]Can''t be bothered to read all the comments but speaking as a big critic of what has gone on in the last few years, I am encouraged with the new men.. The Chairman in particular is an impressive appointment and i think we may just have turned the corner. He and the other directors will not be ''yes men'' to the blessed Delia and at last we have people who will project a proper and correct image of NCFC. I think we will all be surprised at the progress the club makes over the next 12 months.[/quote]

I''m intrigued as to how you know for sure that the other directors will not be "yes men" to Delia. After Bowkett''s comments in the associate director letter, perhaps that''s a safe assumption to make, but as for McNally and Phillips are you sure?

Stephan Phillips is the new director I''m really suprised at. Unless he''s the one that discovered that the missing lottery ticket numbers were his, the only thing his appointment smacks of is a conflict of interests.

you  will be KFC by tomorrow....[:P]

seriously, insults, bit pointless.

You''re on..... Promise not to go for my face though?

I don''t let the insults bother me. It''s just an outpouring of frustration between two totally opposing camps who think on a totally different level. For some it''s an insult...for another it''s banter. I''m a banter kind of guy but woe betide any knob who tries to disagree with me............ [:)]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="First Wizard"]Even I''m sick of it![/quote]

Ditto mate

[/quote]

Laurel and Hardy.......

Dear oh dear.......

Cluck, are you so determined to prove that you march to your own drum and no-one else''s that you are deliberately carrying on with the playground insults... or can you just not help yourself? It''s not that funny. Give it a rest for a bit eh?

[quote user="Nuff Said"]Cluck, are you so determined to prove that you march to your own drum and no-one else''s that you are deliberately carrying on with the playground insults... or can you just not help yourself?

It''s not that funny. Give it a rest for a bit eh?
[/quote]

Yes now Pete is taking more direct orders from Mr Phillips, we all have to be one big happy family Clucky... [{][}]

Sorry can''t ''do the quotes thing'' on my Mac but in reply to Tim, I accept that Archant man appointment does not rest as easily and he may actually turn out to be a Delia protector. My feeling is this could be a double bluff if you like and in the long term work for the future of the club and it''s best interests rather than the current majority shareholders.

Short of massive investment from a PC person this was always the way we would progress. Perhaps i have been so battered these last few years, my attempts to analyse the situation is woefully inadequate!

I agree Pete. I''ve actually stopped reading and posting for a week or so now as a certain Cromer resident has been sending me psycho private messages - very very poor show.

BY - I don''t know what to make of the appointment of the EDP guy. Even if NCFC say there''s no conflict of interests, there''s more than a percived one already having read some of the rants on here tonight. Uncomfortable is how I would describe my feelings towards the news.

[quote user="Scottlarock"]I agree Pete. I''ve actually stopped reading and posting for a week or so now as a certain Cromer resident has been sending me psycho private messages - very very poor show.

[/quote]

Why don''t you send them to Pete, he can probably withdraw him pm facility if they were abusive?

[quote user="Nuff Said"]Cluck, are you so determined to prove that you march to your own drum and no-one else''s that you are deliberately carrying on with the playground insults... or can you just not help yourself?

It''s not that funny. Give it a rest for a bit eh?
[/quote]

You don''t have to read it or agree......Nor will you see me requesting you to refrain from posting your views....

As for taking a personal jibe at me... help yourself......I''ll live with it.

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]

...cut out the insults to each other. It''s getting rather tiresome.

[/quote]

I think the abusive yobish behavior by some is totally out of order.........

I might actually be in favor of returning to the moderated system we had before.

[quote user="USAcanary"][quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]

[/quote]

I might actually be in favor of returning to the moderated system we had before.

[/quote]

By  "moderated" you mean "censored".  And you call (part of) yourself USA?

[quote user="Houston Canary"][quote user="USAcanary"][quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

By  "moderated" you mean "censored".  And you call (part of) yourself USA?

[/quote]

You do understand that you are not entitled to free speech at a private website run by a private company.

FWIW I was born in Norwich, I hold a British passport so I consider myself British.

Glad to say I''ve been off message myself for a couple of days and have missed all the flak. Hate it when this forum gets childish like that. Keep an eye on it Pete !