Sign in to follow this  
canarynotsonew77

One thing wrong with our new line-up

Bryan Gunn is the only part of this new setup that I''m not happy about. The new Chairman seems to know football a bit better than Munby did, I was impressed with his interview yesterday. I got the impression that if Gunn doesn''t win us promotion then he will be removed as manager. I think Gunn would expect that anyway.

The chap from Archant being put on the board is a strange one, I don''t know too much about him to give judgement just yet. However, BG''s 19 games in charge was enough for me to see that he is not a manager, some people say it was Roeder''s team, but two things I argue are 1. We were not in the relegation zone when Gunn took over and 2. Gunn was head of player recruitment.

Other than Gunn, I''m impressed.

i do see some peoples points regarding gunn yet i feel it unfair to judge him yet .

once he has his players in place and the players he wants then i feel it fair to judge .

as i said before a team full of loan players that roeder brought in i feel caused us problems the damage was done long before gunn took over .

I agree with much you''ve said CS7 and with regards to Gunn, I feel as fans we need to give him our full backing but then if he does still fail we know have a chairman who will be unafraid to sack him.

[quote user="canaryspike7"]I will repeat my point though, yes Roeder was manager, but Gunn was HEAD of player recruitment. Or was that role just dreamt up for Gunn?![/quote]Be honest now, exactly how much do you think Roeder listened to Gunn''s opinion about players?I''m guessing (from his character) not much!

[quote user="The Walking Man walking to Yeovil"]I agree with much you''ve said CS7 and with regards to Gunn, I feel as fans we need to give him our full backing but then if he does still fail we know have a chairman who will be unafraid to sack him.[/quote]

I really don''t think sacking managers is something Norwich struggle with! it''s appointing half-decent ones that is the problem Wink [;)]

Share your view CS7, I don''t think he''s a manager either...but I reckon Crooky and B''worth could do a good job with the youngsters. I''m just gonna wait and see, cause there''s still a lot of gaps in his squad

roeder had the final say though .

soon as roeder went shacks was back koroma went back and gow turned up who we were linked with before the season started .

gunn would have not let huckerby go .

gunn recomended players to roeder does not mean to say roeder listened to him .

I totally agree with you spike.Whatever you may say about Gunn, it was utterly blatant that he was more than given his chance at the job. He had 19 games to at least keep us where we were or bring us forward in the table, i.e. keep us above the relegation zone. And in order to do this he was allowed to bring in a host of loans to help the cause, along with his involvement in transfers in pre-managerial appointment, it can''t be argued that he didn''t have his chance to make a squad that he would of felt could perform for at least a short period. He merely had to keep form, and not allow 1 or 2 defeats too many. He then lost 5 out of his last 6 games. Thats utterly shambolic and unprofessional whichever way you look at it.I''m sorry, but simply no one can defend his managerial record.And the sad thing is, apart from Gunn, similar as to what spike indicated, i do feel we are making positive moves into actually being a professionally run club. I don''t think the moves we''ve made have been astounding by any means, but i honestly belive that in almost all aspects other than the position of manager we are making strives unto being the club the club that we should be.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]I wonder if the new board members would have agreed with Gunn being the manager if they were here back in May  ?[/quote] For Phillips, today''s elevation from season ticket holder to

fully-fledged board member gave him the chance to help the club "in any

shape or form that I can."Given the "challenging" times the

whole media sector currently faces, Phillips can expect to have his

hands full at either end of Rouen Road. He was, however, clearly a big

supporter of Canary chief Bryan Gunn whose life story has prompted

thousand upon thousand of column inches in Archant''s local newspapers."I''ve been a fan for a long time," Phillips, 54, told the club''s official website this afternoon."And

you can''t be a fan and not have great admiration for Bryan Gunn after

everything he''s done for the club, with the difficulties that he''s gone

through and what he''s done so far."Bryan is someone who can

really motivate people well; I''m a great fan of him and I''m looking

forward to helping him in any way that I can."  Think that answers that one , just another Delia puppet

john he made one signing of 25 grand .

apart from swapping a couple of loan players .

our team was full of roeders and grants players none of which apart from clingan were of any good or better than we got rid of.

we never had a proven striker from the start of the season of which roeder knew yet nothing was ever done about it apart from lita for a short time .

i will judge the man after about ten games i feel he may surprise a few people i hope.

A manager would have got those players fighting for survival , Gunns team was one of the most passionless ever seen culminating in a total no show at Charlton .The man is out of his depth but being the boss has gone to his head , i await his sacking and i hope it comes very soon into the new season so as not to harm our chances to much .

[quote user="singing canary"]john he made one signing of 25 grand .

apart from swapping a couple of loan players .

our team was full of roeders and grants players none of which apart from clingan were of any good or better than we got rid of.

we never had a proven striker from the start of the season of which roeder knew yet nothing was ever done about it apart from lita for a short time .

i will judge the man after about ten games i feel he may surprise a few people i hope.[/quote]David Carney, Chris Killen, Adrian Leijer, Alan Gow, Alan Lee, David Mooney off the top of my head.No, he had far more of a team that matched his vision than you assume.Managers have been fired for imposing far less damage in the past, and these excuses really don''t hold water.

[quote user="The Walking Man walking to Yeovil"]I agree with much you''ve said CS7 and with regards to Gunn, I feel as fans we need to give him our full backing but then if he does still fail we know have a chairman who will be unafraid to sack him.[/quote]

I too think Bryan gunn is the weakest link in the current set-up. He had nearly 20 games to improve our situation but it only got worse. He failed.

Regarding sacking the manager if and when the time comes I''m sure the new Chairman won''t be afraid to sack him but the big problem for other Board members is getting the majority shareholders to agree. When it comes to heart ruling head Delia''s track record speaks for itself......

Are''nt we forgetting the role of the players in all this.  I''m not a Gunn fan (other than when he was our keeper), but it won''t matter how good or bad a manager is, if the players can''t be bothered, the results won''t materialise.  Yes, of course it is the manager''s job to motivate, but I bet a lot of us have worked for someone who was considered to be a good manager at work or wherever, but maybe we didn''t like him or for whatever reason we didn''t do it for him.I agree totally that there were tactical and substitutional questions which none of us can fathom out from Gunn which didn''t inspire confidence.  I know it''s an old cliche, but it is the players who play the actual game not the manager isn''t it?