Sign in to follow this  
USAcanary

Bryan Gunn interview on CW.

Basically confirmed  a few details that have been widely reported.

Main points.....

(1) Happy to be working with the new CE. They have both been hard at work setting up a number of deals for new players.

Hopes to have some new faces next week. Confirmed he is looking especially at GKs and Strikers.

(2) Confirmed that 1 or 2 players will possibly be leaving.

(3) Confirmed the trialist from Cambridge, wants to see him in a competative match plus sounds like McVeigh (out of contract) is also on trial somewhat although its more of a fitness agreement.

He did mention how "young" McVeigh looked which suggests the door is not completely shut for a return which is pretty much what the Pinkun article on the front page suggested.

[quote user="USAcanary"]

Basically confirmed  a few details that have been widely reported.

Main points.....

(1) Happy to be working with the new CE. They have both been hard at work setting up a number of deals for new players.

Hopes to have some new faces next week. Confirmed he is looking especially at GKs and Strikers.

(2) Confirmed that 1 or 2 players will possibly be leaving.

(3) Confirmed the trialist from Cambridge, wants to see him in a competative match plus sounds like McVeigh (out of contract) is also on trial somewhat although its more of a fitness agreement.

He did mention how "young" McVeigh looked which suggests the door is not completely shut for a return which is pretty much what the Pinkun article on the front page suggested.

Matbe theres a hint of him rejoining us ?

[/quote]

Why not return of Mcveigh?Don''t forget we are not on Premiere League we at 3rd level team and this guy is not so old + played around 250 games for us!With lack of body in squad + for me at least Hoolahan and Clingan at 99% will not be here very soon I not see any problem club to offer Paul deal after some trial days.

[quote user="crafty canary"]What a complete and utter joke would be the return of McVeigh. Would sum this club up to a T. A joke run by fools!! [/quote]I don''t think it would be a complete joke. He has that quality its just a matter of getting the best out of him. In fairness only one manager has been able to so far in Nigel Worthington.If he is fit and back to his level of enthiusiasm and desire for the game that he had when he was top scorer then we could have a decent player at this level on our hands.Again would be a more than useful squad player.If Hoolahan goes McVeigh at least has that ''creative'' edge. He was signed for Luton when they were in this league and not played after due to the cost. I think he can still do a job at this level.

If McVeigh couldn''t get a regular game for Luton last season, and they were relegated from the 4th division (albeit with a large points deduction), then what suddenly makes him a decent player/useful squad player?

I believe it was because he was on a big pay to play deal and they could not afford it.[quote user="Fonejacker"]If McVeigh couldn''t get a regular game for Luton last season, and they were relegated from the 4th division (albeit with a large points deduction), then what suddenly makes him a decent player/useful squad player? [/quote]

[quote user="Boris"]Why not return of Mcveigh?
Don''t forget we are not on Premiere League we at 3rd level team and this guy is not so old + played around 250 games for us!
With lack of body in squad + for me at least Hoolahan and Clingan at 99% will not be here very soon I not see any problem club to offer Paul deal after some trial days.
[/quote]

what does that mean?

No, seriously I believe that McVeigh would be an ok signing. Maybe not in the championship but definately in L1. Even just as backup.

Don''t forget we are not on Premiere League we at 3rd level team and this guy is not so old + played around 250 games for us!
With lack of body in squad + for me at least Hoolahan and Clingan at 99% will not be here very soon I not see any problem club to offer Paul deal after some trial days.
[/quote]

what does that mean?

No, seriously I believe that McVeigh would be an ok signing. Maybe not in the championship but definately in L1. Even just as backup.

[/quote]

Err? he couldn''t even hack it at Luton!

[quote user="chicken"][quote user="crafty canary"]What a complete and utter joke would be the return of McVeigh. Would sum this club up to a T. A joke run by fools!! [/quote]

I don''t think it would be a complete joke. He has that quality its just a matter of getting the best out of him. In fairness only one manager has been able to so far in Nigel Worthington.

If he is fit and back to his level of enthiusiasm and desire for the game that he had when he was top scorer then we could have a decent player at this level on our hands.

[/quote]

McVeigh performed for a short period of time (in the past) and then faded away.......

It would be a joke if he was signed

I think that it is worth having a look at McVeigh. He can play on the wing or as a striker, is competitive and has quality for League1. His goal at Old Trafford was a huge uplift in that match and if he can do it there he can do it at Yeovil or wherever! There is a limit to who we are going to sign for L! football.