Sign in to follow this  
ca

NCISA express fears over new board appointments

[quote user="LQ"]No Andy, neither are football related in any way.[/quote]Thanks for answering, and the questions were not intended as a trip up to you… it was simple curiosity as I thought you may be somebody else, albeit with the most different of aliases obviously, Four Minis is hardly likely to blend in with the crowd is it?

You obviously have a business acumen… If, for instance, a company brought you in to turn it around and had, at its heart, a product that everybody loved, but was being run by Mr and Mrs Business-Man who were getting on a bit and had run out of ideas as to how to go forward (otherwise why would you be there?) what would you advise them to do?

Who on earth did you think I was?Bring in some fresh blood to give the place a kick-start. That''d be first on the list.

[quote user="T"]The latest statement from the NCISA was embarrassingly poor. The chairman and CEO and NCFC were man enough to recognise that they were not up to it and step down. Let us also hope the same can be said for the committee of NCISA.[/quote]

Did they step down?

[quote user="LQ"]Who on earth did you think I was?Bring in some fresh blood to give the place a kick-start. That''d be first on the list.

[/quote]Can''t give my hand away this early…What about when the product was going stale and needed some new investment as it just wasn''t selling anymore? But they couldn''t afford to bale it out anymore!

Alright, I''ll play along...Funnily enough the scenario you paint isn''t wholly dissimilar to the one I went into in the company I worked for ten years ago when I fancied a change of scenery.There too it was a case of an almost spiritual sense of belonging from the customers but they''d been let down and fairly shabbily treated over the years and many had moved away from being the equivalent of season ticket holders to casual fans. The company was at a crucial point, but through a new Board and a media campaign to rekindle interest (playing heavily on the nostalgia factor I''m afraid) we went to the ''fanbase'' and raised funds to embark on a series of overdue changes, whilst retaining the essence of what we had.

[quote user="LQ"]I really wish I hadn''t looked at this forum again today.I''ll stop commenting now I think because quite frankly I find the childish insults pathetic. If you can''t hold a reasoned argument don''t pretend you are.And now I get Smudger wishing my company to the dogs.Nice, and so very grown up.Still, it''s nice to see him as the NCISA spokesperson on this matter. Sums it all up.

[/quote]

Can I add a wish that you don''t look or post on this messageboard ever? nothing makes me want to return my season ticket more prior to August than listening to deluded people still supporting the those in charge at Carrow Rd. We need a change of owner and investment, and until that happens we will continue to decline

[quote user="Buckethead"][quote user="7rew"][quote user="Buckethead"][quote user="Mustachio Furioso"]

[quote user="...."][quote user="LQ"]And when someone comes along who does have it, ...., that''ll be fabulous.Till then I''ll hope this lot can make good with what we do have as opposed to what we have in fairytale land.

[/quote]She wouldnt even speak to you know who...[/quote]

PPOR - that''s "Post Proof or Retract".

[/quote]AAI - That''s "argumentum ad ignorantiam".[/quote]Good logical fallacy there!  Shame it only holds when the burden of proof is not on the side of "...." who has made the positive statement in this case.  If anyone has made it in this case it is "...."[/quote]I understand what you are saying but believe it applies to both parties because there is no proof that Delia did not meet with Cullum and there also is no proof that she did meet with him. Is something true because it has not been proven false or false because it has not been proven true or neither? Is Mustachio implying that she did meet with him because there exists no evidence to prove that she did not?  [:D][/quote]Ah, but `you are incorrectly applying the law of excluded middle to this.  There are in fact 3 positions: "There existed a meeting", "There did not exist a meeting" and "It is unknown if there was a meeting".  Lack of proof does strongly imply the third option (which is clearly unprovable btw.) and it is legitimate for a person in the third position to ask a person subscribing to either of the other options for proof.  The existance of proof in either direction should of course cause an abandonment of this position.  Sorry for the delayed reply and the answer to your specific question is neither.

[quote user="cityangel"]

Well done NCISA for keeping up the pressure and saying your piece.

[quote] Fans group NCISA (the Norwich City Independent Supporters Association) expressed fears last night that the new board room appointments had failed to address the issues most worrying Canary followers.

NCISA chairman John Tilson said his committee are questioning the reasons behind the appointments - and are left with concerns over how newspaper group Archant''s involvement on the board will effect the rights of dissident voices to be heard.

In a statement they said: "Whilst recognising the new season is just five weeks away and unity amongst supporters is important, the committee of the Norwich City Independent Supporters Association (NCISA) has concerns about the appointment of the club''s new directors. NCISA''s committee is questioning the reasons behind the appointments."

Tilson added: "Our previous chief executive was a board director and it did not work. Why hasn''t the club learned from this?

"The present majority shareholders absolutely assured fans they were looking for new investment. Which of these directors has brought that to the table? And in appointing the managing director of Archant to the club''s board, will there now be no medium for fans to voice their opinions and no support for fans from local newspapers should things continue to go wrong at Carrow Road?

"Undoubtedly NCISA will receive criticism from some quarters for taking this stance, but we feel we must pose these questions on behalf of the large number of fans who passionately displayed their feelings at the public meeting in St Andrew''s Hall."

"Of course, we must all get behind the team on August 8, but time will be the judge as to whether these appointments are good or bad[/quote]

[/quote]

[IMG] http://pix.motivatedphotos.com/2008/6/16/633492346461806528-no-one-cares.jpg [/IMG]