Sign in to follow this  
ca

NCISA express fears over new board appointments

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Smudger"]

We still have the ''Status Quo'' on the Board... what has changed?

Smith & Jones still have the casting vote don''t they???

[/quote]

Oh dear, it''s Smudger having trouble with facts again. No, they don''t still have the casting vote on the board. They are now in a 4-2 minority. As opposed to a few weeks ago when they were in a 3-2 minority.[/quote]

No they have a 64% majority... but don''t let facts get in the way of a good arguement hey??? [:$]

[/quote]

Don''t mistake me for you, Smudger. For starters if you mean their shareholding then it''s 61.2 per cent, not 64 per cent.

But in terms of boardroom decisions the size of the shareholding doesn''t count; it is strictly one person, one vote, and they could have been outvoted on a specific issue (the choosing of a manager, for example) at any time. Of course the fact that they own the club is bound to have an influence, but they could still have been outvoted, and they could be now.

[/quote]

So they are going to be outvoted in a boardroom that is made up of 3 club employees plus one other person who is a significant shareholder are they?

Would you vote against your employer in such a manner?

If you did then I don''t think you would be there very long do you???

[/quote]

I''m sorry. Who are these THREE employees? There is only one - McNally.[/quote]

So the new Chairman will not be drawing a wage for his involvement then?  I will pretty much guarantee that he is.

As for Phillips maybe not, but I would not be surpised either.

[quote user="Smudger"]

So the new Chairman will not be drawing a wage for his involvement then?  I will pretty much guarantee that he is.

As for Phillips maybe not, but I would not be surpised either.

[/quote]The last chairman did not draw a wage, so it would be a change if Bowkett did.

[quote user="shortfatb"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

Oh dear, it''s Smudger having trouble with facts again. No, they don''t still have the casting vote on the board. They are now in a 4-2 minority. As opposed to a few weeks ago when they were in a 3-2 minority.[/quote]

No they have a 64% majority... but don''t let facts get in the way of a good arguement hey??? [:$]

[/quote]

Don''t mistake me for you, Smudger. For starters if you mean their shareholding then it''s 61.2 per cent, not 64 per cent.

But in terms of boardroom decisions the size of the shareholding doesn''t count; it is strictly one person, one vote, and they could have been outvoted on a specific issue (the choosing of a manager, for example) at any time. Of course the fact that they own the club is bound to have an influence, but they could still have been outvoted, and they could be now.

[/quote]

So they are going to be outvoted in a boardroom that is made up of 3 club employees plus one other person who is a significant shareholder are they?

[/quote]

Futhermore, I take it that the 3 new clowns we have in the boardroom agree with the Gunn managerial appointment????

[/quote]

I don''t see currently how you can determine that they are clowns, and their views on the Gunn appointment are immaterial given that they were not at the club when the appointment was made. I really think you should see what happens before putting out such negative cr*p. 
[/quote]

Are their views immaterial?

If they don''t agree with the decision then lets hear it now, before Gunny & Co ruin yet another season.

[quote user="LQ"][quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="LQ"]I really wish I hadn''t looked at this forum again today.

I''ll stop commenting now I think because quite frankly I find the childish insults pathetic. If you can''t hold a reasoned argument don''t pretend you are.

And now I get Smudger wishing my company to the dogs.

Nice, and so very grown up.

Still, it''s nice to see him as the NCISA spokesperson on this matter. Sums it all up.

[/quote]

Would it go to the dogs if we went in to administration tomorrow LQ?

I think an honest answer to that would show your hidden agenda?

Why does an Arsenal fan care so mcuh about what happens in the NCFC Boardroom???

[/quote]

What the hell are you on about?

The only work my company does for the Club, it does for free - I give, I don''t take. I''ve never taken a penny out of the place and I wouldn''t want to.

[/quote]

Not wishing to be intrusive (as it''s not in my nature)......and that you have no hidden agenda.....What is it you do free for the club?....Clean the exec box windows?

I remember you displaying a printed T-shirt in the Evenin'' News - some time ago...

[quote user="LQ"][quote user="Smudger"]

I''ll stop commenting now I think because quite frankly I find the childish insults pathetic. If you can''t hold a reasoned argument don''t pretend you are.

Still, it''s nice to see him as the NCISA spokesperson on this matter. Sums it all up.

[/quote]

Why does an Arsenal fan care so mcuh about what happens in the NCFC Boardroom???

[/quote]

The only work my company does for the Club, it does for free - I give, I don''t take. I''ve never taken a penny out of the place and I wouldn''t want to.

[/quote]

If that is the case then I will take it back and apologis LQ... [;)]

Nice to see you bite!

NB - You still didn''t answer my question on why an Arsenal fan cares so much though?

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="LQ"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Not wishing to be intrusive (as it''s not in my nature)......and that you have no hidden agenda.....What is it you do free for the club?....Clean the exec box windows?

I remember you displaying a printed T-shirt in the Evenin'' News - some time ago...

[/quote]

I think you could be on to something with that Mello??? [;)]

Do you give them helpful advice on new board members or are you on the scouting team since Gunny was promoted to manager LQ???

[quote user="Mr_Chimp"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Mr_Chimp"]

''How is it practical?

We are hoping to build a team that will go straight back up aren''t we?

Are the better players in this league and their agents (plus some of those in the CCC) going to talk to Norwich City FC when they think we are skint and not able to offer the player what he is looking for (both in terms of wages, agents fees and assurances that NCFC has signed a few quality players and are showing that they have the ambition to bounce straight back)?''

Why would they not?  You think contract negotiations hang on quotes given in the local press about personal investment from our new board of directors?  Give me a break.

[/quote]

Every player and their agent in the country knows that NCFC is skint.

Even Derby County are laughiug at us right now... "two very small bids" for Liam Dickinson.

We can''t even get to speak to player or agent because the clubs manager we are trying to buy from thinks we are a joke also... [:$][/quote]

Us putting in a bid they deem unsatisfactory (let''s face it, Jewell spunked 750k that they want to make - or at the least a good chunk of - back is not the same as us being refused the chance to talk to the player because we''re skint.  Not remotely.  Besides, this is missing the real issue.

I''m just as p.o''d about the situation as you, Smudger, don''t think I''m a ''sheep'' or an ''apologist'' or whatever the buzzword is this week.

I don''t know nor do I care if these guys have a put a penny into the club for taking on their new roles.  I hope they do, but if they don''t, so be it. What I do care about is them having the nous to put whatever money we /do/ have to the very best use.  This statement from the NCISA is complete twaddle yet again, and, moreover, is yet another attempt to splinter the fans until, I believe, they have enough of a swell to move for a board seat themselves.  It''s all a bit Napoleon and Squealer.

[/quote]

Why are we putting in bids for the player in the first place if they are nowhere near the fee that Derby payed for Dickinson only a year ago and he is under contract to them?

Of course Derby are going to want to re-coup most of the money that they spent on him.

Do Gunny and the Norwich Board think Derby County are stupid??? [:$]

[quote user="LQ"]It has nothing to do with t-shirts.

[/quote]

So it''s just the windows then?

I recall the T-shirt had something on it - about the off-side rule?....

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

Why do you get so involved in the NCISA threads if you haven''t got any time for the association??

[/quote]

Why do you get so involved in discussions regarding the board you have no time for?
[/quote]

Its Delia I don''t have time for Herb and I hardly mention her name on here [:)]

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Mr_Chimp"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Mr_Chimp"]

''How is it practical?

We are hoping to build a team that will go straight back up aren''t we?

Are the better players in this league and their agents (plus some of those in the CCC) going to talk to Norwich City FC when they think we are skint and not able to offer the player what he is looking for (both in terms of wages, agents fees and assurances that NCFC has signed a few quality players and are showing that they have the ambition to bounce straight back)?''Why would they not?  You think contract negotiations hang on quotes given in the local press about personal investment from our new board of directors?  Give me a break.

[/quote]

Every player and their agent in the country knows that NCFC is skint.

Even Derby County are laughiug at us right now... "two very small bids" for Liam Dickinson.

We can''t even get to speak to player or agent because the clubs manager we are trying to buy from thinks we are a joke also... [:$][/quote]

Us putting in a bid they deem unsatisfactory (let''s face it, Jewell spunked 750k that they want to make - or at the least a good chunk of - back is not the same as us being refused the chance to talk to the player because we''re skint.  Not remotely.  Besides, this is missing the real issue.I''m just as p.o''d about the situation as you, Smudger, don''t think I''m a ''sheep'' or an ''apologist'' or whatever the buzzword is this week. I don''t know nor do I care if these guys have a put a penny into the club for taking on their new roles.  I hope they do, but if they don''t, so be it. What I do care about is them having the nous to put whatever money we /do/ have to the very best use.  This statement from the NCISA is complete twaddle yet again, and, moreover, is yet another attempt to splinter the fans until, I believe, they have enough of a swell to move for a board seat themselves.  It''s all a bit Napoleon and Squealer.

[/quote]

Why are we putting in bids for the player in the first place if they are nowhere near the fee that Derby payed for Dickinson only a year ago and he is under contract to them?

Of course Derby are going to want to re-coup most of the money that they spent on him.

Do Gunny and the Norwich Board think Derby County are stupid??? [:$]

[/quote]Are you?  Why would you go in above what you think a player is worth?  This is missing the point anyway.

LisaAs you often seem to make remarks about business acumen and knowledge, could I politely ask what your business acumen is, what your company does, how many people it employs etc etc?I can never work out whether you are someone that is the head of a relatively large company, therefore having relevant experience, or a bit like me, self employed and trying to make ends meet in a shi**y depressed market place.Would you be so kind as to enlighten me?

[quote user="Andy Larkin"]Lisa

As you often seem to make remarks about business acumen and knowledge, could I politely ask what your business acumen is, what your company does, how many people it employs etc etc?

I can never work out whether you are someone that is the head of a relatively large company, therefore having relevant experience, or a bit like me, self employed and trying to make ends meet in a shi**y depressed market place.

Would you be so kind as to enlighten me?
[/quote]

Yeah, are you bigger than QD LQ?

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="shortfatb"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]Oh dear, it''s Smudger having trouble with facts again. No, they don''t still have the casting vote on the board. They are now in a 4-2 minority. As opposed to a few weeks ago when they were in a 3-2 minority.[/quote]

[/quote]Don''t mistake me for you, Smudger. For starters if you mean their shareholding then it''s 61.2 per cent, not 64 per cent.But in terms of boardroom decisions the size of the shareholding doesn''t count; it is strictly one person, one vote, and they could have been outvoted on a specific issue (the choosing of a manager, for example) at any time. Of course the fact that they own the club is bound to have an influence, but they could still have been outvoted, and they could be now.[/quote]

[/quote]

Futhermore, I take it that the 3 new clowns we have in the boardroom agree with the Gunn managerial appointment????

[/quote]I don''t see currently how you can determine that they are clowns, and their views on the Gunn appointment are immaterial given that they were not at the club when the appointment was made. I really think you should see what happens before putting out such negative cr*p.  [/quote]

Are their views immaterial?

If they don''t agree with the decision then lets hear it now, before Gunny & Co ruin yet another season.

[/quote]I obviously didn''t say that their views were immaterial, but whether they wanted Gunn or not certainly is. Now they have arrived they obviously will take a view. I get your postion and the constant knife sticking approach to all things, but your answers are often so w*nked that sometimes I''d love to kick you really hard in the b*llocks.  

The Butler, the 51% bit is only of relevance on any issue that is actually put to a vote of all shareholders, ie at the AGM. It''s of no relevance whatsoever for Board room votes, whatever you may think. There''s a big difference accordingly.

City Angel, one reason why I get involved in NCISA threads, even though I have little time for the organisation, is because, more often than not, it''s the content of NCISA press releases that leaves so much to be disired.

No one is disputing the right of the organisation to have "pops" at the Club, however, more often than not, you "score an own goal."

I can not condone the current press release because so much of the content misses the key issues.

I want a strong NCISA that can be taken seriously by the Club and land heavy weight punches on the keys issues. The members of NCISA may not agree but, in my opinion, this isn''t happening and the organisation really should ask itself why this might be so? If you want to blame the Club, so be it, however, in a lot of people''s eyes the failing actualll lie within the organisation itself.

You may not like that message, but take a step back and ask yourself why this might be so?

[quote user="Andy Larkin"]LisaAs you often seem to make remarks about business acumen and knowledge, could I politely ask what your business acumen is, what your company does, how many people it employs etc etc?I can never work out whether you are someone that is the head of a relatively large company, therefore having relevant experience, or a bit like me, self employed and trying to make ends meet in a shi**y depressed market place.Would you be so kind as to enlighten me?[/quote]Within the confines of what some like to think is an anonymous message board I''ll answer how I feel comfortable if that''s ok? I''ve never seen the need to ask what anyone else does, how old they are, what they weigh etc [;)]I''m a director of one company that I helped set up in 1991 when I finally came to live in Norwich. That makes me self-employed in that respect but certainly not trying to make ends meet. Business is good - I''m by no means rich, but I am ''comfortable'' so I guess over the years that makes it successful.I act in a consultancy role for another company that I''m a shareholder in. That too continues to grow well, bucking the current trend.We don''t employ many people as much of the business is web-based, service or farmed out. There can be anything up to a dozen people on the books at any one time. So, not ''big'' in that sense of the word but good enough for me.I''ve worked successfully for myself since I was 21 other than a stint running a company turning over about a million (when I left - it was half that when I arrived) for four years in the late 90s when I fancied a change for a while. I take an avid interest in business, finance and football and especially enjoy it when they all meet up. Gives me something to get stuck into.

[quote user="GMF"]The Butler, the 51% bit is only of relevance on any issue that is actually put to a vote of all shareholders, ie at the AGM. It''s of no relevance whatsoever for Board room votes, whatever you may think. There''s a big difference accordingly.[/quote]

No, having owned and run companies there is a great deal of difference between your theory and actual fact.

So it''s not what I think it''s what I have experienced in practice.

[quote user="ACE"]......., but very unhappy with the Archant guy as I cant see what he brings to the party and it creates a massive conflict of interest in a region where ONE company dominates ALL printed and local online media of note.

[/quote]

Thats the issue, whether its real or perceived.

The Butler, Well we''re going to have to beg to differ on this one then because I can only speak from personal experience also.

The Boardrooms I''ve atttended, both in the past and current, have always been one person, one vote, even when one board member owned 80% of the Company.

When will this so called Norwich fan club realise all it does is put a wedge between the fans, they urged the fans to take the rebate, all that did was cause fans to argue with eachother over the point but in fact all they do is cause fans to split, I ask myself do we need this so called fan club, we now have less for the transfer kitty well done Tilson, May I suggest you get a job on CBBC

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

[quote user="pete_norw"]When will this so called Norwich fan club realise all it does is put a wedge between the fans, [/quote]

The wedge already existed.

[/quote]Ah, good, one of those people who has paid £5 for 3 years of membership and gets to stand at the front.  Were you consulted on this statement Tangy ?  Or was Tilly flying solo ?

[quote user="LQ"]Within the confines of what some like to think is an anonymous message board I''ll answer how I feel comfortable if that''s ok? I''ve never seen the need to ask what anyone else does, how old they are, what they weigh etc [;)]I''m a director of one company that I helped set up in 1991 when I finally came to live in Norwich. That makes me self-employed in that respect but certainly not trying to make ends meet. Business is good - I''m by no means rich, but I am ''comfortable'' so I guess over the years that makes it successful.I act in a consultancy role for another company that I''m a shareholder in. That too continues to grow well, bucking the current trend.We don''t employ many people as much of the business is web-based, service or farmed out. There can be anything up to a dozen people on the books at any one time. So, not ''big'' in that sense of the word but good enough for me.I''ve worked successfully for myself since I was 21 other than a stint running a company turning over about a million (when I left - it was half that when I arrived) for four years in the late 90s when I fancied a change for a while. I take an avid interest in business, finance and football and especially enjoy it when they all meet up. Gives me something to get stuck into.[/quote]No, that''s fine… I need to know neither dress nor shoe size, was just wondering… what do they do, these companies? Are they football based?

Andy Larkin, Whether LQ answers, is, of course, her personal choice, However, I merely pose this question, do those businesses have to be football related in order to give credabilty to her opinion?

Tangy / Anthony, does that wedge exist because of the club, because of NCISA, or, perhaps, just a bit of both?

No Andy, neither are football related in any way.

[quote user="LQ"]No Andy, neither are football related in any way.

[/quote]

So how long have you been freely assisting NCFC - and are you also responsible for our demise?

The latest statement from the NCISA was embarrassingly poor. The chairman and CEO and NCFC were man enough to recognise that they were not up to it and step down. Let us also hope the same can be said for the committee of NCISA.