Sign in to follow this  
ca

NCISA express fears over new board appointments

[quote user="LQ"][quote user="GMF"]To suggest that the Board is in some way being defended completely misses the point. How many corporates do NOT have the CEO on the Board? Very few I would sugggest. John suggests that this was previously a mistake and the same has happened again. Is he seriously suggesting that the NCFC should be made up completely of non exectuive directors?[/quote]

That''s what you get from people who ''think'' they know how business works though.

[/quote]

Hark at Bill Gates....

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

[quote user="LQ"]Get real indeed.In the last month the Club have added a PL quality Chief Exec, a Chairman who has just stepped down from one of the biggest companies in the UK and another Board member who is in charge of a large part of one of the biggest media corporations in the country.We are a League One team in a recession.What more could have been done?Some people won''t be happy until there''s blood (or their own name in the Boardroom - god forbid that should ever happen!)

[/quote]

Where''s the money come from - to fund these folk?

[/quote]Dunno Mello, will we be better off with ''em ?  Or would you have preferred the previous wage-receiving incumbent ?

[quote user="Ankles50"]

A pointless press release.

As a member now of NISCA when can we sweep out the current elected & replace with fresh faces, as like the old City Board this current lot too stagnant & ineffective

[/quote]

What would you of preferred them to say?

What they said was spot on, apart from the bit where they apologised to the club and the deluded idiots who have jumped on the latest Spin to come out of Carrow Road as something positive.

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

[quote user="LQ"][quote user="GMF"]To suggest that the Board is in some way being defended completely misses the point. How many corporates do NOT have the CEO on the Board? Very few I would sugggest. John suggests that this was previously a mistake and the same has happened again. Is he seriously suggesting that the NCFC should be made up completely of non exectuive directors?[/quote]That''s what you get from people who ''think'' they know how business works though.

[/quote]

Hark at Bill Gates....

[/quote]Hark at Razz the Clown !

[quote user="gary "]

this backs up my opinion of the NCISA and its hierarchy , they are desperate to be accepted and keen to keep themselves in the media spotlight , this statement reads to me as if they felt they needed to remind people that they are still sround and that Mr Tilson is the main man .

These people are so full of their own self importance it is ludicrous - if they had 10,000 members then they carry weight , as it stands they are insignificant 

[/quote]I agree wholeheartedly.Seems to me NCISA is a vehicle for Tilson and his hangers on to massage their egos and very little else.

[quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote]Alternatively we can let every half decent player who could be a target if we had any ambition and their agents think do not talk to NCFC as they have no money and ZERO AMBITION.[/quote]Ooh, ''ark at Mr Shouty over there.  If you do that with agents, they just raise their fees.  If they do that, you end up getting fewer players for your money.  Counter-productive, no ?[/quote]

Well we don''t have to worry about that do we?

As I have said any half decent player or their agents will not step foot within 50 miles of Carrow Road unless they are coming to speak to the manager of a visiting team here.

[/quote]Ah well, if you''ve said it, it must be true...  Weren''t we all saying what a great agent Fotheringham had when he was linked with Espanol ?  Which agent got him here in the first place ?

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[quote user="LQ"]Get real indeed.

In the last month the Club have added a PL quality Chief Exec, a Chairman who has just stepped down from one of the biggest companies in the UK and another Board member who is in charge of a large part of one of the biggest media corporations in the country.

We are a League One team in a recession.

What more could have been done?

Some people won''t be happy until there''s blood (or their own name in the Boardroom - god forbid that should ever happen!)

[/quote]

[/quote]

Dunno Mello, will we be better off with ''em ?  Or would you have preferred the previous wage-receiving incumbent ?
[/quote]

The funding of these folk and the paying off of Doncaster''s and Munby''s contracts is why we have had begging letters sent out to season ticket holders and still not a penny spent on the football team.

[quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="Mr_Chimp"]So?  What do they want - a full breakdown of any new investment laid out for us all (or more likely, them) to see, just as the transfer window opens?Lord knows I''ve been just as fuming with developments at CR last season/this summer, but this smacks of the NCISA trying to remind everybody that they''re still relevant after their failure earlier in the close season.''time will be the judge as to whether these appointments are good or bad''Apparently not.[/quote]

Alternatively we can let every half decent player who could be a target if we had any ambition and their agents think do not talk to NCFC as they have no money and ZERO AMBITION.

Please do not fall for that line of club spin that is now as well worn as anything else that comes out of Carrow Road.... [:$]

[/quote]I could care less what the Club has to say on such matters.  I''m just thinking practically.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Ankles50"]

A pointless press release.

As a member now of NISCA when can we sweep out the current elected & replace with fresh faces, as like the old City Board this current lot too stagnant & ineffective

[/quote]

What would you of preferred them to say?

What they said was spot on, apart from the bit where they apologised to the club and the deluded idiots who have jumped on the latest Spin to come out of Carrow Road as something positive.

[/quote]

Say nothing. What, apart from Tilson rubbing his ego a bit more, was the point of it?

Until the majority share holding held by Delia & MWJ changes then they could say this about any new arrival.  Stating the bleeding obvious is pointless

In the last month the Club have added a PL quality Chief Exec, a Chairman who has just stepped down from one of the biggest companies in the UK and another Board member who is in charge of a large part of one of the biggest media corporations in the country.

Some people won''t be happy until there''s blood (or their own name in the Boardroom - god forbid that should ever happen!)

[/quote]

[/quote]

Dunno Mello, will we be better off with ''em ?  Or would you have preferred the previous wage-receiving incumbent ?
[/quote]

I''m still waiting for some lovely investment.....Mother Theresa promised us it was coming!.....

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[quote user="LQ"]Get real indeed.In the last month the Club have added a PL quality Chief Exec, a Chairman who has just stepped down from one of the biggest companies in the UK and another Board member who is in charge of a large part of one of the biggest media corporations in the country.We are a League One team in a recession.What more could have been done?Some people won''t be happy until there''s blood (or their own name in the Boardroom - god forbid that should ever happen!)

[/quote]

[/quote]Dunno Mello, will we be better off with ''em ?  Or would you have preferred the previous wage-receiving incumbent ?[/quote]

The funding of these folk and the paying off of Doncaster''s and Munby''s contracts is why we have had begging letters sent out to season ticket holders and still not a penny spent on the football team.

[/quote]...and the alternative to this was the status quo on the board, or a board of less than 4 directors in conflict with the clubs'' constitution.

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote]Alternatively we can let every half decent player who could be a target if we had any ambition and their agents think do not talk to NCFC as they have no money and ZERO AMBITION.[/quote]

Ooh, ''ark at Mr Shouty over there.  If you do that with agents, they just raise their fees.  If they do that, you end up getting fewer players for your money.  Counter-productive, no ?

[/quote]

As I have said any half decent player or their agents will not step foot within 50 miles of Carrow Road unless they are coming to speak to the manager of a visiting team here.

[/quote]

Ah well, if you''ve said it, it must be true...  Weren''t we all saying what a great agent Fotheringham had when he was linked with Espanol ?  Which agent got him here in the first place ?
[/quote]

Were we?

Fotheringham is a crap footballer with a crap agent in my eyes... Move to Espanyol good for him???  Not in my eyes... surely a player of his quality should of been looking for a move back to Scotland or a move to Accrington?

Let us see how many quality players and their agents pass through the doors through the remainder of this summer. 

Let us see where we are standing in the League table a few games in to the new season.

Tell me Blah, play-offs again this year is it??? [:$]

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

[/quote]Dunno Mello, will we be better off with ''em ?  Or would you have preferred the previous wage-receiving incumbent ?[/quote]

I''m still waiting for some lovely investment.....Mother Theresa promised us it was coming!.....

[/quote]...we had it from the Turners, 2 million wasn''t it ?  No point dwelling on last nights curry, once it''s been flushed you won''t see it again.

[quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]Do you have any idea of the concept of basing posts on something remotely resembling fact? Munby did not have a contract with NCFC. It follows that the club has not spent money paying off such a contract.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote]Alternatively we can let every half decent player who could be a target if we had any ambition and their agents think do not talk to NCFC as they have no money and ZERO AMBITION.[/quote]Ooh, ''ark at Mr Shouty over there.  If you do that with agents, they just raise their fees.  If they do that, you end up getting fewer players for your money.  Counter-productive, no ?[/quote]

[/quote]Ah well, if you''ve said it, it must be true...  Weren''t we all saying what a great agent Fotheringham had when he was linked with Espanol ?  Which agent got him here in the first place ?[/quote]

Were we?

Fotheringham is a crap footballer with a crap agent in my eyes... Move to Espanyol good for him???  Not in my eyes... surely a player of his quality should of been looking for a move back to Scotland or a move to Accrington?

Let us see how many quality players and their agents pass through the doors through the remainder of this summer. 

Let us see where we are standing in the League table a few games in to the new season.

[/quote]Finally, after a page and a half of hair-dryer insults, tumble-dryer tangents, and general nonsense, Smudger settles on a tangent he can score points on.  Have a cookie, you''re real smart you know.  [;)]The NCISA should have kept its'' powder dry, saved it for a day when it was neccesary.  Something that I''m not sure you know anything about.

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

...and the alternative to this was the status quo on the board, or a board of less than 4 directors in conflict with the clubs'' constitution.
[/quote]

We still have the ''Status Quo'' on the Board... what has changed?

Smith & Jones still have the casting vote don''t they???

We still have a squad that will not be strong enough to have us pushing for promotion and looking a mid-table side at best.

We have thrown money away YET AGAIN on changes that will result in NO CHANGE on the pitch.

[quote user="LQ"][quote user="GMF"]To suggest that the Board is in some way being defended completely misses the point. How many corporates do NOT have the CEO on the Board? Very few I would sugggest. John suggests that this was previously a mistake and the same has happened again. Is he seriously suggesting that the NCFC should be made up completely of non exectuive directors?[/quote]

That''s what you get from people who ''think'' they know how business works though.

[/quote]

Hark at Bill Gates....

[/quote]

Hark at Razz the Clown !
[/quote]

HUR HUR - THASS ME!....How many games are you gonna go to this season, you old part - timer?

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote]Alternatively we can let every half decent player who could be a target if we had any ambition and their agents think do not talk to NCFC as they have no money and ZERO AMBITION.[/quote]

Ooh, ''ark at Mr Shouty over there.  If you do that with agents, they just raise their fees.  If they do that, you end up getting fewer players for your money.  Counter-productive, no ?

[/quote]

[/quote]

Ah well, if you''ve said it, it must be true...  Weren''t we all saying what a great agent Fotheringham had when he was linked with Espanol ?  Which agent got him here in the first place ?
[/quote]

Were we?

[/quote]

Finally, after a page and a half of hair-dryer insults, tumble-dryer tangents, and general nonsense, Smudger settles on a tangent he can score points on.  Have a cookie, you''re real smart you know.  [;)]

The NCISA should have kept its'' powder dry, saved it for a day when it was neccesary.  Something that I''m not sure you know anything about.
[/quote]

When will that day be Blah?

When we hit administration?

When we are relegated to Div 4??? 

When we are looking over our shoulders at the Conference???

[quote]We still have a squad that will not be strong enough to have us pushing for promotion and looking a mid-table side at best.[/quote]On the 3rd of July, which I make to be 48 hours since the transfer window opened.  My, you are soooo reasonable.Gunn has up to 4 players arriving in the next week, let''s just wait and see shall we ?

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

...we had it from the Turners, 2 million wasn''t it ?  No point dwelling on last nights curry, once it''s been flushed you won''t see it again.
[/quote]

Have we paid it back?

[quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]Oh dear, it''s Smudger having trouble with facts again. No, they don''t still have the casting vote on the board. They are now in a 4-2 minority. As opposed to a few weeks ago when they were in a 3-2 minority.

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote]We still have a squad that will not be strong enough to have us pushing for promotion and looking a mid-table side at best.[/quote]

On the 3rd of July, which I make to be 48 hours since the transfer window opened.  My, you are soooo reasonable.

Gunn has up to 4 players arriving in the next week, let''s just wait and see shall we ?
[/quote]

Dobbin, Chuckles the Clown, Muffin the Mule and Beaker I believe... can''t wait!!! [:D]

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

Oh dear, it''s Smudger having trouble with facts again. No, they don''t still have the casting vote on the board. They are now in a 4-2 minority. As opposed to a few weeks ago when they were in a 3-2 minority.[/quote]

No they have a 64% majority... but don''t let facts get in the way of a good arguement hey??? [:$]

[quote user="Smudger"]

When will that day be Blah?

When we hit administration?

When we are relegated to Div 4??? 

When we are looking over our shoulders at the Conference???

[/quote]If this is what you think about NCFC at the moment, what on earth are your thoughts on swine flu ?  Must be panicking your poor little sweaty socks off.How about keeping its powder dry for mid-table at Xmas, or even a perceived lack of funding in Mid-August ?  Rather than just rambling on about the new-comers before they''ve had a chance to change anything ?

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote]NCISA are there to act upon what their members vote upon and the decisions of the NCISA committee members.[/quote]

So who voted for this press release ?
[/quote]

I should imagine that it is either Tilly''s opinion alone or that the committee met and voted on it last night.

I really don''t know, you would have to ask a committee member that.

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[quote user="LQ"][quote user="GMF"]To suggest that the Board is in some way being defended completely misses the point. How many corporates do NOT have the CEO on the Board? Very few I would sugggest. John suggests that this was previously a mistake and the same has happened again. Is he seriously suggesting that the NCFC should be made up completely of non exectuive directors?[/quote]That''s what you get from people who ''think'' they know how business works though.

[/quote]

Hark at Bill Gates....

[/quote]Hark at Razz the Clown ![/quote]

HUR HUR - THASS ME!....How many games are you gonna go to this season, you old part - timer?

[/quote]What part of this insult-a-thon requires any knowledge of football ?  And when are you going to get a season ticket for "common sense" ?

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="gary "]

this backs up my opinion of the NCISA and its hierarchy , they are desperate to be accepted and keen to keep themselves in the media spotlight , this statement reads to me as if they felt they needed to remind people that they are still sround and that Mr Tilson is the main man .

These people are so full of their own self importance it is ludicrous - if they had 10,000 members then they carry weight , as it stands they are insignificant 

[/quote]

I agree wholeheartedly.
Seems to me NCISA is a vehicle for Tilson and his hangers on to massage their egos and very little else.
[/quote]

While Herb is very good at massaging his own ego and something else... [:$]

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]Oh dear, it''s Smudger having trouble with facts again. No, they don''t still have the casting vote on the board. They are now in a 4-2 minority. As opposed to a few weeks ago when they were in a 3-2 minority.[/quote]

No they have a 64% majority... but don''t let facts get in the way of a good arguement hey??? [:$]

[/quote]Don''t mistake me for you, Smudger. For starters if you mean their shareholding then it''s 61.2 per cent, not 64 per cent.But in terms of boardroom decisions the size of the shareholding doesn''t count; it is strictly one person, one vote, and they could have been outvoted on a specific issue (the choosing of a manager, for example) at any time. Of course the fact that they own the club is bound to have an influence, but they could still have been outvoted, and they could be now.

[quote user="Mr_Chimp"][quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="Mr_Chimp"]So?  What do they want - a full breakdown of any new investment laid out for us all (or more likely, them) to see, just as the transfer window opens?

Lord knows I''ve been just as fuming with developments at CR last season/this summer, but this smacks of the NCISA trying to remind everybody that they''re still relevant after their failure earlier in the close season.

''time will be the judge as to whether these appointments are good or bad''

Apparently not.
[/quote]

Alternatively we can let every half decent player who could be a target if we had any ambition and their agents think do not talk to NCFC as they have no money and ZERO AMBITION.

Please do not fall for that line of club spin that is now as well worn as anything else that comes out of Carrow Road.... [:$]

[/quote]

I could care less what the Club has to say on such matters.  I''m just thinking practically.
[/quote]

How is it practical?

We are hoping to build a team that will go straight back up aren''t we?

Are the better players in this league and their agents (plus some of those in the CCC) going to talk to Norwich City FC when they think we are skint and not able to offer the player what he is looking for (both in terms of wages, agents fees and assurances that NCFC has signed a few quality players and are showing that they have the ambition to bounce straight back)?