Sign in to follow this  
Smudger

Fan's Eye coverage - it's business as usual

http://www.pinkun.com/content/ncfc/story.aspx?brand=PINKUNOnline&category=Norwich&tBrand=PinkUnOnline&tCategory=Norwich&itemid=NOED03%20Jul%202009%2016%3A46%3A06%3A037

There''s no point in pretending it''s not an issue. Thursday''s appointment of Stephan Phillips to the board of Norwich City has led to a chorus of concern about the independence of Archant''s future Canaries coverage.

I don''t speak for the company or for anyone other than myself, but if there are any doubters out there, let me be clear - as far as this columnist is concerned, it''s going to be business as usual.

What is that then Adam, a bit of over aplogetic board bashing/manager bashing followed by give the new manager, board members, signings too much time?

Yeah business as usual, even the most critical football writers at Archant are miles away from being close to putting any pressure on those destroying NCFC.

[quote user="The Voice Of Reason"]

It stinks Smudger, a masterstroke by Delia, silence the media.

[/quote]

My view entirely....

She certainly does despise the club''s fanbase doesn''t she?  

I have to honestly say that i thought exactly the same when i first heard the news yesterday.

However i do not think that we are gonna get a lot better board members until Delia finally sells lock stock and barrel and i think we all know that it''s not gonna be anytime soon.

The new look board looks pretty solid but the lack of funds does concern me, lets just hope they have a few aces up their sleeves????

I must just say that come the new season we must ALL be positive and get behind the team. All the negativity has to end.

Just putting my tin hat on ready for the smudger onslaught

[quote user="Sideshow Tim"]I have to honestly say that i thought exactly the same when i first heard the news yesterday. However i do not think that we are gonna get a lot better board members until Delia finally sells lock stock and barrel and i think we all know that it''s not gonna be anytime soon. The new look board looks pretty solid but the lack of funds does concern me, lets just hope they have a few aces up their sleeves???? I must just say that come the new season we must ALL be positive and get behind the team. All the negativity has to end. Just putting my tin hat on ready for the smudger onslaught[/quote]

I refer you back to the question about the local media being that tied in with the club?

[quote user="The Voice Of Reason"]

[quote user="Sideshow Tim"]I have to honestly say that i thought exactly the same when i first heard the news yesterday. However i do not think that we are gonna get a lot better board members until Delia finally sells lock stock and barrel and i think we all know that it''s not gonna be anytime soon. The new look board looks pretty solid but the lack of funds does concern me, lets just hope they have a few aces up their sleeves???? I must just say that come the new season we must ALL be positive and get behind the team. All the negativity has to end. Just putting my tin hat on ready for the smudger onslaught[/quote]

I refer you back to the question about the local media being that tied in with the club?

[/quote]

I fear Tim is part of the "temporarily outraged" brigade....

One quick stamp of the foot and suddenly everything is lovely in the garden again........

Come smell the roses TVOR.... aren''t they just divine?.......

The more I think of it, the more it is very bizare. The others are good appointment and I don''t doubt his business knowledge, but there can only be one reason for his board place, can''t there be? But even if they ''sensored'' the EDP, Pinkun etc, there are other press out there and if the other press caught wind of this, all hell would hit the roof,